(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)

We are an OC Bleach RP looking for people who enjoy easy-going role playing, but we do enjoy a bit of excitement here and there.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Tuxedo Ruk & Kitty's Otome Adventures
Cooking by the Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2023 8:27 pm by Rukuya

» Science Rules
Cooking by the Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 5:34 pm by Potatoes O'Brien

» Box of Nerds
Cooking by the Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 11:12 am by Yes

» Lost and Found... Hopefully? [Open]
Cooking by the Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 9:24 pm by Rukuya

» Much Ado About Eating
Cooking by the Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 11:27 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Saintly Territory
Cooking by the Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 10:22 pm by The ArchKitty

» tl;dr—The Philosophy of Knowledge and Sand Castles
Cooking by the Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 11:13 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Colors of the Heart
Cooking by the Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 1:52 am by The ArchKitty

» Double Face [Shinya]
Cooking by the Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 4:56 pm by Rukuya

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cooking by the Book

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

Cooking by the Book - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 5:53 am

"I don't want it to be mysterious, why must it be mysterious Masaru? I don't want... Love? Love... its so strong a word and..." Aoi's face was the darkest red it had ever been in her life, and her brain kept not working. "I don't want it to sneak up on me... Can't it just send an invitation or something? Can't I just KNOW instead of now guessing whether I do or not? Oh no this is so complicated... I can't tell him about this..."

Masaru was the calm one and Aoi felt bad for getting so emotional but she was rather confused and unsure. If this and these feelings could get stronger... she didn't know what she would. How she would deal with it. But she'd protect him, and explain why staying with Rin was so... worrying. "The...twelve squad captain... is what worries me. He found out I have contact with a fullbringer, and Rin doesn't want to meet him. I don't...trust the other captain not to hurt him but... He's a superior officer. I don't know how to protect Rin without lying to him. If Rin was hurt..."
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 6:10 am

"If only love where that easy...but maybe because it's so mysterious and complicated is what makes it so valuable? What makes it so great to begin with once you realize it?"

The Captain of the Twelfth? He could understand why she was so worried then.

"I see, that is troubling...Leave him to me then. If it helps, I can put the fullbringer by name under my protection using my status." It was something he rarely did, using his name and status for things but it seemed like if he could manage this it would be worth it. The World of the Living was their Division's business, not the Twelfth; even if they did need research subjects they could do so by finding one willing to consent to their questions.
Back to top Go down
http://rukuya.tumblr.com/
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 6:21 am

"...I think its great and people like it because it makes you feel warm. Especially for those who were old cold before. Even if... what I feel isn't love. Its still this bright warm light inside me, whenever I think about him. I don't think the mystery has much to do with it, hehe." Aoi rubbed her head a bit sheepish about correcting her captain, but they were friends right? So she could say that.

Still she looked up at Masaru's face in shock, her eyes watering. "What... why would you do that just for me? That could cause you problems! You are a noble, your name is one of..." Hearing stories about the noble familes and how they could be... She kept speaking, her voice raising and getting a bit more passionate. "I'm just a guttersnipe assassin with no history! You can't use it just on me... I've barely been here..."
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 6:38 am

He looked over to her, seeing her shocked and teary eyed face. Had his hands not been dirty he would have lightly patted her on the head in attempt to reassure her instead he offered a small smile.

"I may be from one of the great noble clans, and keeping them an honorable family is important to me, but this is also important. Plus, if you look I'm not exactly your stereotypical noble I've defied them before and it won't be the last. You wouldn't believe how angry they got when I took in a kid from Rukon, this isn't even a fraction as bad as that so if anything I'll get a lecture. Plus, I'd say this is a perfect reason to use my name. Things like love and relationships, there's a chance I'll never get that. I argue with my clan's elders constantly about arranged marriages, as I'll have to have an heir eventually, but I'd like to not be forced into something so serious. I'd like to find someone that I love and they'd love me back just as much just how my parents were...and because of that I'll keep arguing with them until I can no longer. Like I said, I'm a romantic and besides, friends help friends out. It's what friends do."
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 6:55 am

"You.. took in a child from the rukon?" Aoi jolted and smiled, her face a bit happier as she thought about he implications. A small giggle escaped her mouth. "I bet they were angry... You... really are very sweet Amai-kun. I don't think you'll go forever without someone, we live a long time and you can wait until you find them. Maybe they are just stuck somewhere and can't find you yet? So keep arguing! I believe in you and your dream!"

Aoi looked determined now and she stared up at her taller captain with her fists held close to her chest. "I will stand up for you too! Its the least I can do, for a friend."
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 7:00 am

Masaru gave a smile, "I did, her name's Nozomi. She's like a little sister and yes though angry might be an understatement. They eventually yielded though and that was that."

He spared Aoi on the whole story of how they'd managed to meet and such, as while it wasn't long this situation wasn't about him. Perhaps another time if Aoi showed interest.

He couldn't help but let a chuckle escape at Aoi's determination. "Thank you for the support, I'll keep arguing."
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 7:11 am

"Nozomi... Thats a pretty name." Aoi smiled brightly, as they continued cooking together. Masaru knew what he was doing. "Of course they should, its not right to hurt others just to stick to weird standards they made up just cause. Is she happy there? Where do you live anyways? I've never seen you around the squad at night... How did you end up with a person from the rukon as your little sister?"

Aoi was full of questions. She liked asking and listening and smiled with a nod at Masaru's response. "Good! You shouldn't be forced into this just because they said so. Even if sex is fun."
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 7:42 am

"She's happy, though she gets on to me if I stay at work too late. My home is located where most of the other noble residences reside within the Seireitei, our family crest is on the gate and the building is rather large...sometimes I used to get lost in it when I was young..."

"Well I saved her from a street vendor. She had tried to nab some bread to feed herself and some other people. They'd asked her to do so and said she could keep half and so she'd done so but had almost been caught. I stepped in and paid for what she took and after that we became close. Once I took over as head of my clan is when I took her in."

His face turned a little red at Aoi's comment about sex. He had no experience in the activity but had heard similar remarks. Had he not been born a noble and raised with his beliefs perhaps he'd be a bit more easygoing about himself but he was comfortable as he was...seeing as how he likely wouldn't even be himself if he were any different from what he was today.

"I-I see..." He replied with a sheepish laugh.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 8:10 am

"I've never been out that way. They... would turn someone like me away instantly I would think." Aoi rubbed her head and then looked mischievous. "I'm sure I could get past them though...if I wanted. I mean I don't! But I could."

"But...if she wants to see you, you shouldn't stay out so late! Aaah I know I've been gone but you should let me take up much more work Masaru! So I can help you get home to her more." Aoi was rather... emotional over the taking in the girl and sniffled a bit. "There are many out there that more people like you to help them. So many are exploited like that or worse..."

She sniffled more but noticed Masaru's sort of edging away from the topic. "You haven't? Thats lucky. I've wondered what it would be like with someone you care about for the first time. Its a luury I never had."
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 8:16 am

"If you just state your name, rank and reason for being there they'll allow you in with my okay. If you'd like I can give the guards your name so they won't have to go through the hassle of messaging me for the okay to let you in. That would probably be simpler than maneuvering past them."

"There's some work that I only I can do, it's that that usually takes me so long." He replied, his small smile returning. "Still I finish it up as fast as I can so I haven't been getting home too late."

"I haven't." He replied simply, "it would look bad on my clan if I were to...indulge in those activities without being properly wed. As for the experiencing it with someone you care about, I've heard it feels more special, sometimes greater than past experiences but I'm only speaking from words I've heard from others."
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 8:29 am

"You don't have to! I really could get in if I needed and it would be a hassle to worry about me." Aoi waved her hands in front of her face, trying to disuade him from telling his guards. She didn't want him to go to that much effort for her... Oh no.

"Well, leave more on me when you can. Lil Nozo needs her big brother~ I wish I had a brother..." She winked and smiled, pushing aside thoughts of brothers and sisters. Aoi had sort of had them. Most were dead by now, if not all. She had killed more than a few herself so...

Still she looked confused about that. "But...that makes no sense. Why would they think...that. Huh. And you think it would? Hm... I wonder. I can tell you! Whenever he gets over being flustered by my sexual advances. You'd think it would be awkward if you both didn't know what you were doing. Hm... maybe he's lucky I was trained..."

The last was said more to herself as she thought.
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 8:51 am

"It's no effort at all, besides, you're the lieutenant of the division, just your rank would let them know you had business with me. All I have to do is tell them your name and such and that'll be that."

"Having a younger sibling, well, it's certainly a lot less boring around the mansion." He mused, thinking back to when it was pretty much just him in the mansion. It was large, a bit too large for just him and it was just...well, boring.

"I, I have no idea I'm just speaking from things I heard..." He replied to her last thoughts with another sheepish laugh. Though he was worried about the whole 'I can tell you' bit, "W-Well perhaps everything will go alright when the time comes. Just be sure you're both ready when you think that time has come."
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 4:00 am

"Okay..." Aoi was sure she could have snuck in if needed. She had pride in her abilities and kind of wanted to show her captain what she could do. But if this was the official way... She'd accept it.

As Masaru put the finishing touches on the batter preparation and she greased a pan for him under his directions, the redhead giggled. "Haha, I bet. Living alone in such a bigger place than a few rooms would be awful. It'd be echoy and lonesome."

"Sorry! I keep just rambling about things on my mind. I am sooooory." Bopping her own head, Aoi then set the timer for her captain as he slide the pan in the oven. "Its just easy to speak to you, like Rin and Ruka. You give off the same vibe of calmness and acceptance. Its nice."
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 3:09 am

"It's fine, really." Masaru replied, "I'm glad you think I'm so easy to talk to."

He was being honest, it did feel nice to know others found him easy to speak with; especially when most had tended to keep their distance from him in the past due to his status. Having people to talk with, that liked talking to him...it felt good.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 1:32 am

"Well you should be! It takes others to point out things... Yes?" Aoi smiled a bit mischievously. Now that the cake was baking... What could they do to wait... Ah! A game!

"Amai-kun. Lets play questions! Or something. You get a free question to ask whatever and I can ask you whatever~ We've been rather open so I don't know...but it sounds like it could be fun. We have time..." She pointed at the timer that was a ways off from being done.
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 1:45 am

"A game?" Masaru listened to Aoi's idea for the game they could do.

A question game? It sounded fun, it could also be a way for them to get to know each other more.

"Sounds like fun, though I can't guarantee my questions will be the most interesting."
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 1:49 am

"Pfft, questions don't have to be interesting... Like..." Aoi leaned against the counter and looked up at the ceiling as she brought a finger up to her face. Nibbling on it, she hmmed to herself.

Dramatically pointing after Ahaing, she giggled before speaking. "What is your favorite food in the whole world? Like if you had to eat something for the rest of time, and you would always love it, but it could only be that thing...What would it be?"
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 1:55 am

"Eh? Well..." Masaru tried to think, placing a finger on his chin as he did so.

Did he have a favorite food? He had favorite types of food but...there were so many delicious kinds it was hard to choose...

"I like spicy and sweet things, but...hmm...a favorite...?" He continued thinking. "Perhaps curry rice? Hmm..."

Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 2:03 am

"See? Even a not 'interesting' question can be hard amai-kun. So you would stick with Curry rice. Hmmm that is rather... interesting. I didn't peg you as someone who liked either sweets or spicy. I learned more now even if you couldn't give a definite answer." Aoi grinned and pushed herself up onto a part of the counter so she could sit and kick her legs. They'd have to wipe it down later anyways, so it wasn't like she was making it dirty.

"Now you get to ask me anything~ And then we go back and forth. Its the rules."
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 5:25 am

"I'm a fan of most types of food, but sweet and spicy would have to be favorites...the thing I'm not that fond of are bitter tasting things." Masaru mused as he thought of his own question to Aoi, he didn't want to just copy her own question by asking her favorite food first, that could be a later question. "What would you say your favorite hobby is? Like reading, collecting things, drawing, those kinds of things."

Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 5:34 am

"I don't like bitter either, eauch!" Aoi closed one eye and stuck her tongue out at the thought of bitter things. "I like sweets a lot too! So we share that. I'm not sure about spicy, I like it well enough... But I don't think its my favorite."

"Oh! So a hobby like that..." Aoi kicked her legs for a second, thinking before coming up with a few things. "I like to do gymnastics and practicing vital wounds, preferably on live targets as well as spar."
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 5:38 am

"I see." Masaru replied. Gymnastics was innocent enough, the other one...well it could certainly come in handy in this line of work so it wasn't...all that strange. "Sounds like both of those can be quite a workout."

Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 5:51 am

"Yep! I like to keep my body moving. Its nicer than thinking and...being all emotional and stuff." Aoi nodded, changing the subject back to Masaru as she pointed. "So! Masaru... Hm... What is the sneakiest thing you do regularly? Like... something you do sneakily. Like say reading really bad stories and liking them or something!"
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 6:10 am

"Ah, sneakily?" Was she trying to ask if he read explicit material? That was what first crossed his mind, which made him a bit red in the face. "W-well, hmm...it's not 'now' but when I was younger I use to sneak out and explore the Rukon. I got food from there and such when I didn't make it myself."

He was talking without really thinking, but otherwise, it was the truth that was coming out of his mouth.

"As for now...hmm...I still go out into the Districts sometimes but it's not like I'm forbidden from it anymore...same as cooking...hmm..." His words trailed off as he thought before he spoke up again. "I usually keep my reading to history related things, but I suppose I find myself reading other genres every now and then..."
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 6:28 am

"Ah! I seeee. Captain used to be a sneaky bad person... You know if you were young you shouldn't have gone out too far. They would take someone like you and either ransom or break you you know." Aoi sighed and shook her head. Still the news that he was willing to try new books made her grin.

"You should read Rin's books! They are good and happy. I felt nice reading them. Why did you have to sneak to cook? I can see sneaking to Rukon...Oops its your turn sorry!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cooking by the Book
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next