(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)

We are an OC Bleach RP looking for people who enjoy easy-going role playing, but we do enjoy a bit of excitement here and there.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Tuxedo Ruk & Kitty's Otome Adventures
Cooking by the Book I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2023 8:27 pm by Rukuya

» Science Rules
Cooking by the Book I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 5:34 pm by Potatoes O'Brien

» Box of Nerds
Cooking by the Book I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 11:12 am by Yes

» Lost and Found... Hopefully? [Open]
Cooking by the Book I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 9:24 pm by Rukuya

» Much Ado About Eating
Cooking by the Book I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 11:27 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Saintly Territory
Cooking by the Book I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 10:22 pm by The ArchKitty

» tl;dr—The Philosophy of Knowledge and Sand Castles
Cooking by the Book I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 11:13 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Colors of the Heart
Cooking by the Book I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 1:52 am by The ArchKitty

» Double Face [Shinya]
Cooking by the Book I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 4:56 pm by Rukuya

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cooking by the Book

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Rukuya

Rukuya

Cooking by the Book Empty
PostSubject: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 12:59 am

Having been stuck in his office most of the day, Masaru was glad to have finished his paperwork for the day and now walking about. While a walk was nice it'd be nice to have something more to do, perhaps he could indulge himself in a hobby. Which one though?

He thought for a moment, perhaps cooking?

He could use the kitchen located in the division to make something, nothing really extravagant but just something fun. Perhaps a dessert? There were plenty of options: cookies, cakes, cupcakes.

Maybe a cake, it'd been awhile since he'd made one of those. There were many types of cakes though, so that was also something to be decided upon.
Back to top Go down
http://rukuya.tumblr.com/
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 2:15 am

There was a faint green haze in the hallway to one of the kitchens. Squad members carried others out as they fled the scene, the green tinge on their faces as well as on the members who had passed out or died. No one wanted the same fate.

The lovely sound of singing however, carried over the haze and fleeing people. Just inside the kitchen was a young looking shinigami. She wore a cute sundress, that showed off a multitude of scars on her body, while she stirred what looked like a bowl of... something. It was goopy? She was singing as she read the directions in the book, cooking utensils strewn every which way and lots of ingredients that had no place in the same dish sitting about in a mess.

A few brave squad members hovered around her, trying to give advice or stop her madness. The green haze was coming from the oven, not smoke or burning things but...something else.
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 9:42 am

As Masaru neared the kitchen he noticed something...not quite right. He noticed rather sick looking squad members being assisted down the halls, most all looking rather green in the face. Was something going around? It was then he smelled something...rather foul. His pace quickened, heading for the source of whatever this was in the kitchen.

It was there he found Aoi happily cooking...something. Some division members hovering around her offering advice or trying to stop her. Just what...was she making? Whatever was causing the green...haze or whatever it was he'd seen on the way here he noticed seemed to be coming from the oven.

"Ah...Uhm...What's happening in here?" He asked, his tone being his usual friendly manner despite the nervousness he felt within. Some division members that still remained looked at him with panicked faces, some worried, some mouthing at him to get out while he still could to which he responded to with a sheepish but apologetic smile, because he couldn't exactly leave this matter unattended.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 11:29 pm

"I am baking!" Aoi turned at the sound of her captain's voice with the biggest, happiest smile she had. One squad mate mimicked themsef hanging and dying another one tried to hold back tears as they stared at the monstrosity in the oven. A Ding went off and Aoi held up her finger to have Masaru wait a second.

Putting on oven mitts, she focused on taking...something out of the oven. That cake pan it had been in was no longer a cake pan. Instead it had merged with whatever she had baked and pulsed with unearthly light. As she went to set it on the stove she looked confused but put it there. "Huh? Where did the other one go? Oh well, the others must have eaten it. I did say they could, since I am just practicing."

Slight screams were heard down the hall as well as the sound of what could be swords being drawn and attacks used against...some sort of foe.

Taking off her mitts, she then turned back to Masaru, still entirely too happy. "Sorry captain, I wanted to make a cake but had never tried it before. Did you need me for something?"

One of the squad members nodded and gave a pleading face and tried to send some sort of telepathic signal to Masaru. 'Please neeed herrrr'
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 4:41 am

Baking?

She was baking?

Masaru watched as Aoi went to check the stove...whatever it was...even he couldn't tell.

Quote :
"Sorry captain, I wanted to make a cake but had never tried it before. Did you need me for something?"
He could see the other shinigami in the room practically begging him to say he had a job for her but...

"Ah, I was actually coming in here to bake something myself." Perhaps he could fix this...whatever this was. Maybe Aoi would pick up some pointers in the process? Maybe by doing so it could help avoid another something like this from happening. "Perhaps I can share some pointers since you just mentioned this is your first time trying?"

Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 4:49 am

Well, they won some they lost some. The few Shinigami in the kitchen cleared out of there as quickly as they could, knowing at least their Captain might be able to handle anything she made or at least kill it quickly.

Aoi's face was even happier if that was possible and her ponytail bounced from how much she nodded. "I would love that Captain! Let me just..." The bowl she had been stirring was flipped over and whatever was in it was trying to crawl away. A glint in her eyes, Aoi flashed a knife quickly and stabbed it. It let out a cry as it died and evaporated.

Humming, she flipped the bowl back over and then took it and a few utensils into a sink filled with hot water and soap (and maybe arsenic or something to make sure what went in stayed dead, courtesy of the squad members). "If you want to start, I can clean up and then help you? Good cooking always begins with a clean slate, right?"
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 6:49 pm

Something had been moving. How that had come out of...baking Masaru couldn't figure out...whatever it was it was dead now though. He looked over to Aoi, who hummed happily as she began cleaning the area up.

"I'll help clean up too." Masaru replied as he moved to assist wth the cleaning. "Then we can start."

Like she'd said, it was best to work on a clean slate and once the place was clean they could start fresh and they'd have a nicely made, delicious cake to eat. What kind though he still wasn't sure, so he put it to question.

"What seems best? I was thinking maybe a vanilla cake with strawberries or a chocolate cake...there's other options as well."
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 12:36 am

"Thank you Captain. It'll go faster then, I appreciate it." Aoi gave a giggled and started rinsing off the dishes she had been soaking earlier from the first batch. Setting them out to dry, she made sure everything was spotless! Masaru got most of the stuff off the counter and everything wiped down, so that was nice!

"Aaaah look at it here. So pretty, nothing like cooking to make life seem wonderful." Aoi was unusually talkative and happy, a blush on her cheeks. When Masaru offered his options to Aoi, she nodded enthusiastically. "Chocolate! With raspberries~ It'll be the best cake and most delicious. I was trying to make that... I figured... It'd be a nice gift. However I would learn from the master first~"

She gave a bow and waved to her captain.
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 6:54 pm

"Alright, chocolate with raspberries it is then!" He smiled, "let's just get what we need and we'll get started."

Saying that, Masaru began assembling the ingredients they'd need to make the cake that'd been decided upon after having first washed his hands. It may be a time consuming process, cake making, but it was well worth it in the end; seeing what one had made after their hard work on it. It felt good.

"I wouldn't say I'm a master, there are plenty of cooks out there better than I am." He chuckled. "Cooking, making things, it's just something I picked up when I was young and I've been doing it since. I found it fun."
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 2:15 am

Aoi watched with wide eyes. Being so close to a master baker, who was her captain. Sparkles shot off of her as she stared while following him like a little lost puppy. To the fridge, to the cupboard, she was a baby duckling and he was her momma duck. As he spoke being so modest though, Aoi shook her head vigorously.

"Nonono! You arrre. You are already way better than me by now." She looked at the items gathered, more sparkles falling out of her eyes as she looked back at her captain. "Its like magic how you get delicious things from all these."

"So...what can I do to help you, Masaru?" Aoi was too entranced with the magic of baking to realize she called him Masaru instead of captain.
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 9:35 pm

Now that they had the ingredients they'd need they could start. He couldn't help but laugh a little at her comment about it being like magic. When he was little he had the same thought process almost, watching Setsuna bake and such as she taught him how to do it himself.

"I used to think it was like magic too, I guess it still kinda is. Practice makes perfect though!" He smiled, "when you're learning, it's easiest to start off with things like cookies since they're simpler. Perhaps sugar cookies or chocolate cookies? Those are some fun ones."

He spoke as he began working, "As for how you can help, would you like to stir and hand off the ingredients? You can also decorate the cake however you'd like when it's done?" He saw she wanted to help, so he was trying to think of the best ways she could so she wouldn't just stand there while he did his part.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 1:27 am

"I can practice!" A cheer went up down the hallway as a dying scream was heard. As people filed down the hall and out the door, it looked like war had hit them. Some were limping, most had small wounds.

Aoi noticed none of it, as she had started her happy vibrating. It was almost like the excitement was too much to contain in her energy and she would one day vibrate off into the air. "I'll try cookies next time then!"

Several members of the squad shuddered as they moved on. Smaller things like they one they had fought would be unbearable. Some tried to make signs to Masaru to not let her. They knew it was futile though, he was too kind.

Aoi's eyes were more sparkly and now her whole head gave off sparkles as she nodded with a grin. "Sure! I'll give you what you need and help keep your work area clean. I can do all the heavy stirring too!" Her arm when up and she clasped the muscle there. "We'll make the best cake through teamwork! Aaah, amai-kun you are too kind! Together this will be magnificent."

Pulling a headband out of her pocket that had 'resolve' written on it, she stared at the ingredients dramatically. "Yes, I am all fired up!"
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 7:43 pm

Quote :
"I'll try cookies next time then!"

"Sounds like a plan." Masaru smiled as he got ready to start.

The oven on, he set it to the right temperature to preheat so it'd be ready to go by the time the cake was ready to go in. Taking the necessary sized pans he'd need he set them out in front of him along with a bowl, the workstation was ready.

As Aoi spoke he had caught on to the nickname though, to which he couldn't help but question.

"Amai-kun?" He asked with an amused smile.

He'd been referred to as a number of things, but they were mostly just shortenings of his name or the ever embarrassing 'Masabutt' Setsuna sometimes called him...whether in private or not.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 11:28 pm

"Mhm, you are very sweet and like baking sweets so it works. You said we could be friends, and friends have names!" Aoi tilted her head and looked up at Masaru like a happy puppy. "I read and saw it in places. It's correct, no?"

"What do you need first, Amai-kun~?" Holding up a few items, she looked at them hopefully, like their secrets would be divulged if she stared hard enough.
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 11:44 pm

He couldn't help but give out a light laugh, "Friends do do that, yes."

It felt nice, having friends...When it came to having them before, when Mamoru was still alive, he wasn't exactly allowed. He always had to be home or at school...though that didn't stop him from sneaking out to take walks in the districts. Even if he had to keep some friendships secret until now, it still felt great to have them.

"I'll need the flour first, then the butter afterward. I set them out on the table behind us."
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 12:24 am

"Yes! I got it right. I shall be a good friend. I have been practicing." Aoi thought about Ruka and Rin and turned bright red. Maybe she wasn't doing such a good friending with Rin. That was...erm yes a bit less friending and more...

To hide her red face long enough to banish it, Aoi grabbed the flour and butter from the table and then held them as she stared at Masaru with a smile. She set them fully in their packages in the big bowl. "Okay. Now what?"
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 12:57 am

Opening the packages for the flour and butter, Masaru continued with the necessary preparations. It'd been awhile since he'd made a nice cake, it felt relaxing in a sense. "I'll need the baking powder, baking soda and salt."

He'd handle the measurements, as he wanted to check and then double check to make sure they were correct. As usual when it came to him cooking, he worked calmly with a smile on his face.

"When it came to friends and such, I wasn't really sure how to go about making them myself a long time ago. I hardly ever spoke and I always had business to attend to at home so I hardly ever had the time. Now I do though and it makes me happy."
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 1:23 am

It took a minute for Aoi to figure out which were which. But she was double checking and being so very careful. Her Captain didn't need her to mess up in helping! Grabbing the baking powder, salt and baking soda, Aoi mock saluted as she set them down.

It was good he was handling measuring. Aoi had no idea what those weird numbers had meant in the books, so she just put them in. Wrappings, covers, everything. It all went in. Or had.

"Oh that sounds sad! I am sorry amai-kun." The shinigami put her hand on Masaru's shoulder soothingly. "I didn't know how to make friends and still don't have many. What would you recommend? Since you are the master friend maker."

Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 1:38 am

"There's nothing much to it really, just be yourself." He replied as he continued with the cake, "just by doing that you're sure to make plenty."

Other than that he really had no other advice to give. He'd just gone with the flow of things, while he'd never actually sought friends out he'd managed to make a few as life went on just by being himself. Truthfully as head of a noble clan he shouldn't act as...carefree and such like he did; but if he put on that noble mask so many others wore he wouldn't be himself. He'd be nothing more than a fake. He didn't want to go around making friendships or connections by being fake.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 4:27 am

"I see! What if I don't know who I am or what myself means?" Aoi was watching Masaru as he measured out ingredients. His hand motions were enough for her to realize after a bit what he'd need her to grab. She could read the book too and help. Her captain was so wise and smart though, so maybe he'd know... and maybe this would be a good time to tell him.

"Would you also know about relationships, amai-kun? You know everything else it seems. Like... intimate relationships. Not friend ones."
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 4:47 am

"Well, you were nice and friendly when we first met, even if you were a bit nervous. That's a good start, that happiness seems natural on you and with an attitude like that it's easy to make companions."

He hoped what he'd said made sense, as it was the best explanation he could come up with to help her. The suddenly question about relationships though caught him by surprise. He cleared his throat, his face a bit tinted at the sudden topic change and well...the topic.

"Well, I don't...I've never been in a relationship like, but from what I can gather...hmm..." He thought for a moment, while not being skilled in romantic love relationships he did have familial ones. "Hmm, does the person mean a lot to you? Would you be able to put their happiness above your own? If so, then that seems like a good start to me."
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 4:56 am

"Oh! I suppose that makes sense... Happiness on me being natural... Hm.. Its cause I am grateful. But I suppose it is more natural than other things..." Aoi mumbled a bit to herself as she thought about Masaru's words. It was her turn to stir, so as she stir she thought and listened. She did not see the tint on Masaru's face and thought some more about his words before speaking.

"Well... neither have I. But I have no experience with... any sorts of things like this..." Aoi was blushing and she finished her words and set the bowl down so she could cover her face. "He... yes. I do. I mean, he does? He means a lot... and I want him happy above all else... But I'm so selfish Captain. He's a human, I am so bad for him! That... is kind of a major problem. I'm sorry if I've...failed you. I can't hide it from you though... Aaaah."
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 5:27 am

A human? It was certainly a surprise, and something he had never thought of happening before, but it's not like there was any laws against it.

"I see, I see why you'd question it then. If he truly means a lot to you, and you're both happy then I say it's good enough. Even if you don't think you're good for him, what do you think he feels? Don't you believe he'd be very sad if you were to stop the relationship just because of that? If you're happy together then that should be enough, even if there's sadness and pain, that's something that comes with things like love, they're unavoidable, but in a way getting through them only strengthens your bonds. You haven't failed me in the slightest and it's alright that you hid it until now, you were unsure but you've spoken up and that's something to be proud of."

He knew one of her fears had to be him dying, as he was a human. He wondered if finding him after passing on had crossed her mind though, the Rukon was big but there was still hope.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 5:37 am

"He...said he wants me to stay with him... I just... don't want to lead him to his death or cause him worries... and..h-huh?!" Masaru had such wise words and had given her much to think over and she was smiling, the red gone, when Aoi's whole brain skidded to a halt and crashed. Love. Love. Reboot please.

Anything after that word was stored in her mind as she turned beat red, and just stared up at Masaru in some sort of shock or... horror. "L-LOVE?! Love?! L-L-Love?! no... I thought... just...I liked... but LOVE?! That...can't be.... I barely know... I DON'T...."
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 5:42 am

Masaru was quite surprised by how flustered she became at the simple mention of it, in a way that made him think that perhaps even if her and her human weren't at that stage yet...if she reacted this way it could very well lead to it. Thinking that, he voiced his thoughts.

"If you're reacting like that, perhaps...even if you don't think you feel that now it's quite possible it will develop into that soon enough. I've been told love is rather mysterious and can sneak up on a person so perhaps your situation is like that...or perhaps I'm just a romantic, who knows?"

He gave a chuckle, "If he says he wants you to stay, then I think it'd benefit the both of you to do so, if that's what you want as well. If he's fine with the risks, then that's that."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cooking by the Book   Cooking by the Book I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cooking by the Book
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next