(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)

We are an OC Bleach RP looking for people who enjoy easy-going role playing, but we do enjoy a bit of excitement here and there.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Tuxedo Ruk & Kitty's Otome Adventures
Driftwood. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2023 8:27 pm by Rukuya

» Science Rules
Driftwood. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 5:34 pm by Potatoes O'Brien

» Box of Nerds
Driftwood. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 11:12 am by Yes

» Lost and Found... Hopefully? [Open]
Driftwood. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 9:24 pm by Rukuya

» Much Ado About Eating
Driftwood. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 11:27 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Saintly Territory
Driftwood. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 10:22 pm by The ArchKitty

» tl;dr—The Philosophy of Knowledge and Sand Castles
Driftwood. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 11:13 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Colors of the Heart
Driftwood. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 1:52 am by The ArchKitty

» Double Face [Shinya]
Driftwood. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 4:56 pm by Rukuya

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Driftwood.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Shnaks

Shnaks

Driftwood. Empty
PostSubject: Driftwood.   Driftwood. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 1:07 am

Canadian beaches weren't one of the world's most highlight tour spots, but they existed, albeit hardly used due to the cold.  However, in addition to what few people were there today, there was an additional beach occupant.  Less of a tourist, this visitor was more along the lines of... well, sea salvage.

Isaac groaned, rolling onto his back, still mostly unconscious .  His eyes fluttered open only for a moment to see the sun above him before closing them and feeling the sand beneath him.  Wherever he was... he wasn't going to drown here.  Okay.  He could die now.

Isaac drifted off into unconsciousness, out cold again.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

Driftwood. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 1:23 am

"Boris NO! Don't eat that!" Selena rushed over to her ill-behaved mutt of a dog, who was licking something or someone that had washed ashore. Who washed ashore so late in the day? Why did they wash ashore?

Why did she caaare? Boris though seemed to like the man, so Selena decided to help him out of the water. Dragging the limp body up this apparently almost empty shore, she strained and groaned as she did so. With a thud, she dropped the body out of the high tide mark and plopped to her butt as the ever useless Boris just wagged his tail and licked the naked man's face. "Wow now to just call an ambulance or something. He doesn't look too good. Boris stop, you might catch something."
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

Driftwood. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 1:28 am

Isaac was slightly roused from his sleep by some licking sensation. Mmm.. Yysara, stop. Stop, we're on a beach. You can't do that here, think of the children. Plus there's so much sand and why are you dragging me? When did you get so crazy, holy hell.

"Ehwhrhgh?" He made a small garbly noise, trying and failing to speak. "Whamdnhe" He muttered again before a tongue dragged across his face again. He suddenly sat up like a shot his hand rearing back and forming a fist. Something was accosting him and... he looked. It was a dog? He put his hand down quickly and looked up... And... who was that?

What the hell?
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

Driftwood. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 1:34 am

About to pull her phone out, she heard a sound from the half drowned man. Scrambling to her knees, she was about to crawl over as her dog scooted back but was stopped as she saw the fist forming. Throwing herself at Boris, she put herself in the line of fire instead of her precious doggy, not even noticing that the man had stopped. "Hey what are you doing you crazy water hobo!?"

"See if I call an ambulance for you now." Selena was a bit angry, pulling her happy dog back even after noticing the fist was gone.
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

Driftwood. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 1:39 am

He blinked, suddenly confused and suddenly confronted with a... woman. Yes, that was all the further description needed here. A woman. "I. I uh.. N-no.." He felt some water rise and began coughing, some of it coming up on the sand. "N-no.. sorry. I didn't... um.. I.." He looked out at the ocean then back to her. No fucking way she was going to believe him...

But his brain was too addled to say anything but the truth. "I was in the ocean. I think I washed ashore..." He looked around. "Um... What continent is this?"
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

Driftwood. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 1:51 am

Okay so he was half drowned and Selena still didn't care as she pulled her precious and adoring puppy back a bit more. He had apologized though...so she stopped her slow movements away, staring at him still wary while Boris just wagged his tail at top speed and whined at his new friend.

"...Its North America? Canada. How...how do you not.. Is your brain okay? I think I'll just call the ambulance now." This man was obviously delusional or having issues with mental damage. Ambulances were good for that.
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

Driftwood. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 2:15 am

He looked up at her. No, she didn't need to... Okay... You've been a drifter before Isaac. Just... demonstrate Sanity. He shook his head, partially to say no and partially trying to clear it. "P..Please don't do that... I really.. don't need an ambulance. I'm not dying... Just... very... very tired. I really DID get stranded in the arctic ocean and swam here. Honest." He said as calmly as possible. People always tried frantically to convince someone of something crazy. Which was what crazy people would do.

The trick was to explain it totally calmly and to recognize that yes. It sounds fucknuts.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

Driftwood. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 2:23 am

"...Nope! Today is a day off, it is not my day to continue to deal with more insane people." Selena popped up, dusted the sand off of her body and held onto her leashed whining pet who dug into the sand futiley. "You can do fine without your ambulance? Good, have a nice day!"

"Come on Boris. Its time for puppy treats." Selena tempted her dog with thoughts of food, knowing the dog's stomach was larger than his heart. Boris, though, sensed the man's need and would not come. He whined and pulled against her with all his strength as she grew frustrated. She looked at the hobo, back at her dog, back at the hobo... "I can do one good deed for the month. Come on Mr Water Hobo, I guess I'm taking you to my place. You can wash up and call whoever you need to from there, however you ended up in the water."

If he tried anything she could just stab him and get rid of the body. Shooting too, guns were nice...
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

Driftwood. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 2:27 am

Isaac wasn't going to question this. He reached up and petted the dog. "Good boy. I'll pay you back." He said with a little weary smile before getting up and scrambling over. "Uh.. D..Do you maybe... have a towel?" He said, looking down and realizing for the first time he was, in fact, buck naked. "I think I lost my clothes at some point.." He blushed a little, only somewhat visible behind the...

The beard? When did he... Ahhh, shit. He always knew his family were epic beard growers. It's why he shaved every day. Well... She said he could get cleaned up? Still he didn't want to get into her car naked. It felt rude.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

Driftwood. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 2:38 am

Boris was pleased with his new best friend, happy to have found another. He was happy with pats and any debt the man had had towards the dog was forgotten. Selena for her part just frowned and looked slightly peeved, her head shaking. "No I don't and...yes. You are missing quite a bit, including what looks like a large chunk of healthy skin. Here, take this and come on before someone calls the police for public indecency."

Was he blushing? Wow. A shy water hobo? Selena was a bit curious as to how a shy water hobo came about, tossing him her sun hat to cover with. There were a few parked cars in a lot nearby and she pulled her keys and beeped a sleek blue one. Their sandy walk would have to wait, Selena and Boris not minding for now. "...How did you end up stranded in the arctic, if I am to pretend to believe your tale?"
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

Driftwood. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 2:46 am

Isaac looked at the hat. Well... Whatever. He put it over his lap. That was entirely ineffective, but it would have to do. He still felt bad about going bare back on her car seats though. He walked over to the car with her, looking back and giving the dog another smile. He glanced around, remembering some mention of skin. "I.... have no idea how that happened... It's not too bad. Might leave a scar." He said, wondering if gigai wounds even could leave scars. Not that he could tell a human anything about gigais.

"Shipwreck." He said rather simply. Best to leave it simple.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

Driftwood. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 2:56 am

"I don't even know where to begin in explaining how impossible your story is. The tiny bit I heard is already impossible enough." Selena almost felt pain as she opened the door to the rear drivers side, letting Boris hop in and making sure his leash didn't get caught before she closed the door. A headache, she was going to get a headache dealing with this water hobo. She should call Julian tonight and fix that.

Popping into the drivers side, they hadn't been out of the car long enough for it to heat up too much and she started it with a sigh. "It's not far, you can do whatever... I'll even feed you since Boris seems attached."

The dog was waiting for Isaac to get in, plotting to lick his face when he did.
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

Driftwood. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 3:09 am

He sighed. He supposed he didn't care if she believed him. What was he going to do, tell her the truth? She'd think he was even crazier. She might even spray him with mace or something. That stuff burned. "That'll be fine." He said, climbing into the passenger's seat, taking a moment before adding "Thank you." He glanced over, before his eyes narrowed a little. Huh. That was interesting.

"You know, I take it back. There wasn't a shipwreck." He said, slowly breathing in, composing his story. "I'm what you'd call a high spec human and it turns out some Arrancar aren't fans of being noticed. Ass thought it'd be fun to toss me through a garganta into the ocean." He tilted his head trying to crack his neck. "But the fun part of being a high spec is being hard to drown I guess."

He glanced over at her. He wasn't about to tell a quincy that he was a shinigami. Even if they weren't actively warring, it might cut him out of a free meal. He gestured at her wrist. "I recognized your quincy uh... thing."
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

Driftwood. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 3:18 am

"Welcome." Selena didn't need his thanks, she was doing it for her precious dog who was too kind hearted for his own good. She was backing out as he spoke, finally admitting the truth. Luckily Selena had one hell of a poker face and an ability to multitask because she did not slam them into another vehicle at the story. That sort of thing happened?!

Purple eyes glanced over for a moment as she smiled and laughed, feeling a bit more at ease now. She relaxed perceptibly as she got the car onto the road and they headed for her home. "Hah! That sounds about right. Well... I still don't believe you came from the arctic, but a high spec washing up on the shore? No wonder Boris liked you, he seems to grow attached to other spiritually aware people it seems."

Kostya, Jack... The other quincies who showed up sometimes or said hi he liked especially. Lifting her left hand up, she jingled it and smiled with her eyes still on the road. "I see, it gave me away? I suppose I can do a bit more for you then... I'd feel bad tossing you out with nothing now."
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

Driftwood. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 3:24 am

He was quiet for a moment before she laughed. Well... That helped a lot. "I suppose... I don't know WHICH ocean... but I know I was in the water for... more than a day, at least." He supposed toning DOWN the truth would help some. Even for a high spec, what he did was stretching it. Hell, he knew plenty of shinigami who wouldn't have fared so well.

He looked over and gave her a smile. "Thank you. That means a lot. I've already been introduced to Boris." He said, reaching back to pet the dog. "My name's Isaac." He said, going to shake her hand before thinking better. "Sorry... I smell like seawater."
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

Driftwood. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 3:44 am

"Wow..." Selena gave an appreciative whistle and another smile, glancing over briefly again. To have survived that sort of experience? Amazing and pretty cool she had to admit. "Welcome! Ah, sorry I'm Selena, Selena Archiagott. You are fine, it really doesn't bother me as much as seawatered dog does."

Her house wasn't that far, it was why she came to this beach a lot and she walked most of the time so it was a rather short drive to the walled and gated entrance. Stopping, she rolled the window down and entered the code for the gate. Once it was opened enough, she drove through and headed up the drive to her large almost mansion. It took her a moment to park the car in its spot before she killed the engine. "Come along Isaac, we'll get you fixed up in no time."

Opening the door for Boris, who had done nothing but adore Isaac the whole time, the dog hopped out and moved towards the front door. There were already animals waiting in windows...
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

Driftwood. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 3:53 am

Isaac smiled but said nothing else for the car ride as they approached the house.  He glanced once or twice at the bangle, but found himself looking away quickly.  After why he'd jumped INTO the arctic ocean to start with, he wasn't about to start staring... Even though she really could have worn a shirt... and those jeans didn't look any looser on her than that top...

When they finally got there, he gave his own appreciative whistle before getting out of the car, keeping the hat covering himself as all the animals came running.  His grinned.  "Wow.  Someone's an animal lover."  He said appreciatively, trying not to walk in front of Selena. He really missed having clothes right now...
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

Driftwood. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 6:01 pm

"Yes. My pets are my life." Selena glanced back with a small smile, pleased he had noticed her adoration of animals but hiding a bit of it. Moving to the door, she pushed aside the excited Boris with a leg and unlocked the door. Pushing it open, the bigger dog pushed a path through the others as a chorus of greetings sounded.

Selena moved inside, the horde following her for a brief moment that would hopefully be long enough for Isaac to sneak in. She knelt down and scooped up the whining fox, while the rest mobbed her lightly. "I was only gone a short time, you act like I was gone forever. Even the cats! What has gotten into you all recently?"

Probably the vacation to be honest... Despite her complaints, she was smiling as she petted and snuggled the animals.
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

Driftwood. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 9:40 pm

"I like that." He said simply with a curt smile. He didn't voice his opinion on people frequently but he had to respect an animal lover. Isaac blinked in surprise at the cacophony that erupted from inside the house before darting in, making sure to close the door behind him. He knelt down and pet any that approached him, before standing up, his face suddenly a little red.

"Ah... N-not that I don't want to get to know your pets better but... You did mention I could get cleaned up? I didn't assume, but I was hoping maybe you had something to wear I could borrow?" He said before glancing down. "Although your clothes would hardly fit me."
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

Driftwood. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 10:47 pm

"Oh! My apologies. This way!" Selena had the grace to look a little sheepish as she set her fox back on the floor. The others were too busy attempting to get the new person's attention, except for Boris who was acting as if he was King of the Household for having greeted the other person before the rest. He walked at her side at a trot after she had unhooked his leash and wrapped it around her hand. Selena hid all response to the 'I like that' but it did please her a bit to hear...

"I have a few guest rooms that no one uses, I probably have some bathrobes in your size... I know I probably have a swimsuit in it if that is fine? I really don't have much male clothing here to be honest, just bits and pieces people have left." She spoke as she led him to a nearby room, opening it to reveal a bedroom and another door on the other side. She walked inside, moving to a closet and opening it as the animals rushed in to examine the room. Pulling out a large bathrobe, it seemed she used this closet as storage.

"Out! All of you, let him shower. Everything you'll need is in the bathroom. I keep it stocked, don't know why personally..." Selena grumble a bit, rubbing her eyes as the contacts were slightly irritating them.
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

Driftwood. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 10:55 pm

Isaac followed her quietly, already feeling odd since he was a guest in her house. Triply so because he was naked. The more time passed between him and his near-drowning, the more he started to notice her beach attire. Or try not to notice it would be more accurate. The point is, he remained quiet. Although he did take note of how outlandishly nice her house was. "That will be fine." He said in response to the swimsuit or the bathrobe. He wasn't picky about what he wore, though he did wish there'd at least been a T-shirt laying around. But a swimsuit at least would hide his shame and the bathrobe might help.

He smiled as the dogs left. "Thank you, Miss Archiagott. I appreciate this all very much. I'd be happy to talk or go on my way once I've cleaned up, though I would like to learn more about these animals." He admitted. He picked up the bathrobe and the swimtrunks and gave another small smile and a nod before heading into the bathroom.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

Driftwood. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 12:12 am

Isaac seemed at least accepting of the selection offered so Selena had no real upset feelings at her lack of options. It wasn't as if she could prepare for everything despite her attempts to! Giving him a small smile, Selena waved her hand. "If you would really like you can hang around for a bit. I like company sometimes and you can call me Selena. Ah, don't ask about them I will talk for hours..."

She murmured that last part a bit sheepishly as he walked off, returning the nod as she turned to leave the bedroom.

Closing the door, some of the herd of hers followed her as she made her way up stairs to change. Back into her soft and thin house leggings, her large oversized soft sweater and remove those annoying contacts. With her glasses back on, her comfort levels were ultimate! It didn't take her too long so she was back downstairs within a short time, where she ended up playing with all the animals who needed love. Ball throwing was the favored pastime even for the cats...
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

Driftwood. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 12:30 am

Isaac gave her a polite smile as she left before locking the door and quickly heading into the bathroom. He got a look at himself in the mirror and made a small "eugh" noise. The sea had left its grime on him. No wonder she'd thought he was a hobo. How could she have let him into the car like that? Then again, as rich as she seemed to be, she could probably have it cleaned easily enough. He put the clothes she gave him and the hat he'd been using to the side and started up the shower, checking out her inventory of cleaning supplies available.

A warm and rather thorough shower later, he stepped out feeling like a new man. Glancing in the mirror, he looked it too, with the exception of his face. Though if there were robes... maybe... He checked under the counter. Aha. There WAS a razor down here! He got out the shaving supplies and the bathroom garbage, not wanting to make a mess. It took a bit of work but soon his face was baby fresh to match the rest of him. Excellent. He finally looked like himself again.

Once he'd toweled off, he put the swimtrunks on and closed the bathrobe tightly over that. Finally. Clean, shaven and dressed. He was ready to face the world again. Stepping out of the bathroom, he noticed a ball and a horde go flying by. He made a small "woah." And looked in the direction the ball came from.

"Thank you. I feel much better." He said with another polite smile.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

Driftwood. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 12:36 am

Selena heard the sound of a door opening but couldn't turn until the ball was successfully thrown. Hearing the thanks, she turned around with a small smile. "You're very wel-"

And choked. Water Hobo Hi-Spec was in fact not a water hobo at all. Water...hottie more like. Touches... touches... No! He was recovered from his recent trial by water, do not molest the poor man.

Blinking as she attempted to recover, she reached up with one sweater sleeve covered hand and pushed her glasses up. Covering her reaction with a smile, she waved her other hand. "This way to the kitchen, I have take out menus and snacks so you can help yourself or I can order you food."

Why did she have to get back into lounge clothing?! Something...anything but her stupid soft sweaters...
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

Driftwood. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 11:31 am

He frowned at the odd way she'd trailed off and looked like she was going to fall over. What was the matter? Did he look that different without the beard? He supposed he was a LOT cleaner... He had his own surprised reaction when she suddenly called him to the kitchen. Well, he WAS hungry... "Uh.. Absolutely." He said with a bit of a smile.

He walked over towards where she'd gestured. The kitchen was lovely in this place too. He also noticed she'd changed out of her beach clothes. Her glasses looked nice but he wasn't about to comment on that. "So... What are my options? I'm afraid I don't know this area well."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Driftwood. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Driftwood.
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜) :: The World of the Living :: Human World General-
Jump to: