(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)

We are an OC Bleach RP looking for people who enjoy easy-going role playing, but we do enjoy a bit of excitement here and there.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Tuxedo Ruk & Kitty's Otome Adventures
Bored and Defused I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2023 8:27 pm by Rukuya

» Science Rules
Bored and Defused I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 5:34 pm by Potatoes O'Brien

» Box of Nerds
Bored and Defused I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 11:12 am by Yes

» Lost and Found... Hopefully? [Open]
Bored and Defused I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 9:24 pm by Rukuya

» Much Ado About Eating
Bored and Defused I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 11:27 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Saintly Territory
Bored and Defused I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 10:22 pm by The ArchKitty

» tl;dr—The Philosophy of Knowledge and Sand Castles
Bored and Defused I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 11:13 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Colors of the Heart
Bored and Defused I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 1:52 am by The ArchKitty

» Double Face [Shinya]
Bored and Defused I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 4:56 pm by Rukuya

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Bored and Defused

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

Bored and Defused Empty
PostSubject: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 1:23 pm

“Booooooooored…” Yukari groaned, stretching out across a café table lazily. She was currently sitting a little coffee place near the side of the street in Japan, feeling all grumpy and restless now that the showing of “Explosions: The Movie” had ended at a nearby theatre. Okay, so that wasn’t actually the name of the movie; it was another one of the big American movies that had been brought overseas to make a few more million dollars or whatever. All that Yukari knew was that it was advertised as having spent nearly half of its budget on pyrotechnic effects, and that was the only reason that she had shown up in the Human world today.

But just like a beautiful explosion, it had come and gone, leaving Yukari a bored, miserable Shinigami in the human world. She played half-heartedly with the straw in her drink as she let out another long sigh. “Well now what do I do? Work’s done for the day at the Division, the next showing isn’t for another hour and a half, and I can’t even shoot off a few firecrackers to pass the time… Silly human laws.”

Yukari sat back in her seat and adjusted one of the straps that had fallen a little loose on her tank top while she moped. It was a pleasant enough day, so her normal Gigai of a top and shorts worked just well for her. But it still didn’t help her from being boooooooooored. “Why can’t it just be some kinda holiday or something so there could have been a fireworks show? Or anything, please?” She let out another long sigh and flopped back in her chair, pouting slightly. What’s a girl have to do for a little excitement in this town, huh?
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

Bored and Defused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 10:30 pm

All stocked!

Narue made her way happily through the streets, a shopping bag in hand with Hato-kun's plush wings tied around the back of her neck as she walked along, humming a happy tune to herself. She was all stocked on thread, and sewing supplies!

The World of the Living had a lot of quality fabrics, and thread to choose from, so she'd decided to shop for it here today instead of the Rukon.

It was her day off, so she had all the time~!

It was nearing time for food though, well...for her at least; she had had breakfast this morning and a snack shortly after, but that had been awhile ago!

While on the thought of food, a cafe caught her eye; it was the closest thing, and she could get one of those frappes she'd had last time she'd been in the human world! That and a piece of cake, maybe!

Her thoughts of food, shifted to the items she'd thought about getting, already excited about the snack as she headed to order, not yet noticing the other signature that signified another shinigami very close by in the area.
Back to top Go down
http://rukuya.tumblr.com/
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

Bored and Defused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 12:14 pm

Yukari spent the next several minutes at her table sighing over and over again, biting lazily on her straw as she kept checking the clock constantly. “I don’t know why they just can’t keep showing movies right after they end, honestly. It’s more efficient, humans. More efficient!” She half-heartedly shouted from her slumped state in her chair. Maybe if there was some way to just… make the movies that are here appear in Soul Society without having to cross over. I should probably bug Alex about it.

She was still moping about when Narue walked by her towards the interior of the café. The recognition of a fellow Shinigami in the human world was nearly impossible to ignore, but also nothing for her to also freak out about either. “Hi there, soul-sister…” Yukari sighed listlessly as she passed, waving slightly with one hand.

Wonder what she’s here for… She’s got plenty of bags, must have been a shopping trip or something? I dunno. But then again, she’d be the only person I could really talk to here while I wait as well… Yukari sat up a big straighter in her chair and looked back over to Narue, propping her head up on the table with one arm. “Man, I guess I’d do anything to keep my mind out of the mind-numbing boredom of today.”
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

Bored and Defused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 1:12 pm

Soul sis-

Hearing that, Narue turned towards the sound of the voice after she'd ordered, seeing another woman nearby sitting down at one of the tables. She... She was a shinigami! Now that she wasn't focused on getting her food, the signature wasn't something she could ignore.

A large smile was given, happy to see another person here; just when she was about to go over and talk with the woman, her order was called. Turning she quickly grabbed her drink and cake slice before heading over to the table.

Mmm? Bored, she was bored?

"What's got you bored?" She asked, assuming it was a polite enough question as she sat down across from the other shinigami. That wasn't good, boredom that was! There were plenty of things to do in the Human World!
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

Bored and Defused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 5:05 pm

Oh, it looked like the other woman wanted to talk. Well that’s good, probably. Right? Eh… “Just, everything’s kinda boring, really. I mean people are just walking around without a care in the world doing… Nothing. And I don’t know I just find it kinda dull or whatever.” Yukari sighed and slumped forward a little in her seat. “I mean, where are the festivals? The parades and everything? I’d probably go for a riot or something just to shake things up.”

Yukari waved her hand around her head lazily as she talked. The Twelfth Division Lieutenant was far from her usually cheery self at the lab, and now just sat slumped in her chair as she talked with Narue. She at least seemed to make an effort into being interested enough during her conversation. Yukari may have been bored out of her head, but she wasn’t completely rude

“I mean, I came here today to watch a new movie that came out, but what kind of theatre makes people wait an hour and a half between different screenings, really?” She grumped. “They wouldn’t even let me wait in my seat until the next movie start either, hmmph…” Yukari puffed out her cheeks a little indignantly. Surely a fellow shinigami would understand how boooooooring the Human World was, right? “Oh yeah, the name’s Yukari Motou, nice to meet ya.”
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

Bored and Defused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 11:06 pm

Nothing was happening then? Nothing exciting anyway...

People were just going about their daily lives today from the looks of things, nothing particularly special... There were often festivals at certain points in the seasons, though they were much more frequent back in the Rukon...

Narue moved to take a sip from her drink as Yukari spoke, paying attention to what the woman had to say. "Aaa, a movie sounds fun! I came for sewing supplies, but yeah...normally there's festivals scheduled during the year... If you want frequent ones though, I know there's usually a lot held in the Rukon!"

Especially in the districts that had able firework handlers and craftsmen; game stalls, fireworks, just all around fun! Though...the ones in the Rukon were probably low quality in comparison to what humans had to offer in today's world... Things were so different here!

Narue didn't find the human world boring, really...but she hardly ever had the chance to really come here. The food was really good, that she knew!

"I hardly ever come here...but I know the food's delicious!" She replied, speaking her mind on that matter with a bright smile; "I'm Narue Ueno, Lieutenant of First! Nice to meet you too!"
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

Bored and Defused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 11:49 am

“Yeaaaaah, the Rukon…” Yukari started, looking off to the side for a moment. “I’m kinda not very welcome there anymore? I mean, yeah they have fireworks and stuff, but they didn’t really seem to appreciate my particular, well, methods in using them sometimes?” No matter if she was only trying to help, and she totally didn’t mean for that shop to explode, honest! Ahh, those were the days. Back before the Academy had given her the very strict “no testing unknown explosives outside of Academy grounds” rule.

“I guess the food’s not shabby here either.” Yukari span the straw in her drink around in a circle as she talked, nodding slightly in agreement. “Definitely got more of a selection too. And for someone like me who’s no cook by any stretch of the imagination a lot of choices sure is a good thing to have.” She said with a slight smirk. “I’ll give these boring ol’ humans something, they sure know how to spice up meal to make it just hot enough for me, that’s for sure.” Some places better than others, of course. But it’s not really all that bad here either. Extra Spicy Mega Beef Bowl I love you…

Yukari did perk up a little bit when Narue mentioned her rank, however. “Well if that isn’t just a happy coincidence then I don’t know what is; I’m the Lieutenant of the 12th myself!” She managed to break out into a small smile and nodded across the table. “Nice to meet you too, Narue. So, what brings little ol’ you out here to buy some fabrics? The 1st need some new fancy drapes or something?”
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

Bored and Defused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 2:11 pm

The Rukon districts didn't take kindly to her presence? The fireworks... She had different methods of using them... Well, if someone went and fired off too many she supposed some of the district residents might get angry.

The food definitely wasn't shabby! Narue gave a nod at Yukari's way of putting it before taking a sip from her drink. There were so many things to try out here, she didn't think she'd ever get to experience even half of the foods this world had to offer.

The food was great!

Yukari's assumption to her fabric purchasing earned a laugh; "Naah, I'm buying them to make plush toys with! I learned how when I was little and it's just a fun hobby!"

Sometimes she gave them away as gifts, sometimes she kept some for herself, she made lots so she felt fine giving them away as gifts!
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

Bored and Defused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 5:21 pm

“Aaaahh, okay then. Making plushies huh? That’s a new one.” It was definitely an… interesting sounding hobby, for sure. But then Yukari liked to spend her time making bombs, so she really didn’t have much room to talk about those sorts of things. Except my hobby is waaaaay more fun. Just saying.

Yukari stifled a yawn as she picked up her glass and drained the last few sips of liquid out of it, setting the now-empty cup down on the table. “You know, I have literally nothing to do for the next hour or so. Isn’t that a bit sad? This whole big city that these humans got and I can’t find a single thing to do in it.” She slumped further down in her seat and let out another sigh.

It really was sad. Poor, poor bored Yukari.

“You got any suggestions? Granted, I’d really prefer anything that involves something going boom, the bigger the better. But seeing as how this ‘modern society’ seems to disagree with me, I’m kinda stuck here for the moment…” She pouted, looking up at Narue with sad, bored puppy eyes.
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

Bored and Defused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 11:26 pm

Narue gave a small laugh as Yukari commented on her hobby, she enjoyed making plushies, so it was something fun to do when she had free time. It was...probably different from what you'd expect to hear from a shinigami pertaining their hobby.

"Hm... Well, I dunno about actual booms, but I know there's plenty of shooter games at the arcade, lots of games that involve exploding the enemy... Um...other than that..." What else was there... there were plenty of laws in the Human World that didn't really...allow for such things unless a festival or something was going on...so the boom supply was rather limited...

There had to be...be something though!

Narue seemed to be thinking hard on this...
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

Bored and Defused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 5:18 pm

"Naaah, I tried those already... Explosions in movies are one thing, but explosions in video games just can't seem to come anywhere close." Yukari shrugged sadly. "There's no sound of a real explosion at all, no feeling of the blast wave washing over you, not even the heat of all the fire to warm you either..." Another sigh.

The digital kabooms just weren't good enough, honestly. At least the theatre had the benefit of big, booming stereo systems to get some kind of closeness to the real thing. But movies weren't perfect either. But being that work at the Division was over and she couldn't just... test her explosives out, these small distractions were the best thing she had to capturing the heart-warming of setting off big bombs and watching them explode.

Yukari propped her head up with her hands as she tried to think of something... anything that would help pass the time. Japan probably doesn't have any shooting ranges... No festivals... Maybe there was a rock quarry or something? Nah, not this close to the city. Drat... "Argh... There's gotta be something to do in this city." She groaned, scratching her head. "Maybe I just need to find a bar or something..."
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

Bored and Defused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 6:26 pm

Fuuu...

So arcades were a no... Hm...

Narue attempted to think further on this, a good place for boom noises that wasn't the movies or festivals... Well, amusement parks had really loud noises, not necessarily boom...but...

Yukari wanted boom though.

Gun laws prevented a lot of booms... Even rarely coming here Narue knew that much, so what else was there... She doubted just cheap, store-bought fireworks would do any good...the Twelfth Lieutenant might even be a little insulted considering how much she seemed to enjoy explosions...

"Drinks might help pass time before your movie..." She mused as Yukari brought up a bar. "There would be the walk to one...and that should kill time!"

Yukari needed to kill time, and then she'd get her movie! "Plus, it's good to go to a movie a bit early so you can get snacks! So that's time to take up too!"
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

Bored and Defused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 9:08 pm

"Yeah... A walk would help me stretch out my arms and legs too. I guess that might be for the best." Yukari nodded, raising her arms above her head and letting the proper amount of blood-flow go back into them. "I mean, if you want to come with, Lieutenant." Hey, drinks with two is a lot more fun that drinkin' by yourself. Well, sometimes. Some people get punchy when drunk, and then you don't want to have them around anymore, really.

Not Yukari though! She's just a very... talky drunk. Loud talking. And occasionally some roaming hands. Yukari is sorry in advance. But as long as they're not trying to get plastered everything is great!

Yukari rose from her chair and took a few seconds to finish stretching her arms and back before moving to her legs. "Speaking of which, do you have any recommendations for bars?  I don't really know any of the names of them around here, I just kinda... go to whatever's closest. Drinks are drinks no matter where you go, right?"

Which was... probably true? All of the bars really weren't just as memorable as the ones back in Soul Society. Not to mention there weren't any of the regulars that she'd normally talk to either, so why bother trying to remember each individual place that you drink at for a just a temporary visit?
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

Bored and Defused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 12:20 am

"Sure! I don't mind!" Narue replied, her smile brightening again; she didn't mind going on a walk, though Yukari also seemed to imply going to a bar... Well, at least she had the ID that said she was of age, along with further (Soul Society written) documented proof if someone attempted to give her trouble about it...

She almost wanted to sigh, why did she have to look young!? She was over a hundred! Grow body, grow! No one would take her seriously if she looked like a teen...

"I don't really go to many bars...but there's probably bound to be one nearby!" She didn't really drink that much in general, but she was being invited to so she would! She had a high tolerance so she didn't really worry about drinking too much...

Overall, Narue hadn't really come to the human world all that much; she was in the First, so she mostly was kept in the Soul Society to do paperwork...
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

Bored and Defused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 8:42 pm

"Ahhh, kind of a mystery to you too, huh? Guess we're in the same boat then. The same not-knowing-where-bars-are boat." Yukari nodded lazily. That probably made a lot more sense in her head but really who has the time to think all that hard in the Human World I mean really? (Not Yukari when no explosions were happening.)

She and Narue set off down the street in search of a suitable beverage serving establishment among the slightly crowded streets of mid-day Japan, the two Shinigami looking and acting like ordinary run of the mill humans. One of them just really, really more bored than the other.

"So... This might be a little rude and everything but: What exactly do you do in the First? It's probably because I kinda... coop myself up in the Lab, but I haven't really the faintest what you guys do up there." She tried to recall her lessons during the Academy and such but... Nah. Nuthin'. Something about lots of filing or something? Definitely not something Yukari would want to be saddled with.

"I mean, you've probably heard my work during the past few days, hehehe..." Yukari chuckled softly, a small smile beginning to play its way across her face.
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

Bored and Defused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 8:54 pm

"Hehe, yeah; I don't really drink much so I just never...looked out for bars when I make runs here." Narue replied as she finished up her cake slice; she could bring her drink with her, it was half finished anyway so she'd throw it away once she was done with it!

Once finished, she followed Yukari through the streets of the city, her eyes occasionally looking around to see all the different shops and business about as they blended in with the everyday crowd of humans.

Hearing herself being addressed, she shook her head; "No, no; it's not rude at all! We work with administration... It's typically a lot of paperwork, but we do have training regimens to follow in case we're needed for combat. Mostly though...yeah, it's paperwork!"

She had heard somewhat of the lieutenant of Twelfth, she definitely liked explosives.
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

Bored and Defused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 4:00 pm

“Oh geez, it really is paperwork?” Yukari asked with a look of horror on her face. “I think I’d probably pick up some kind of hobby myself if I had to do paperwork all day…” Heck, it’s probably the reason that she spends time here in the Human World as well. I’d probably lose my mind the first day if I had to do that. Yukari shook her head rapidly as if the act could drive away the terrifying thoughts of a desk job from her mind.

The Twelfth Division had its fair share of paperwork as well, but it was the exciting kind, though! Writing down chemical formulas, predicting the results with some hard science and then getting to test them out later, and aaaaaall the research notes ever! Good research was just the delicious pre-explosive appetizer to a nice day out with some new bombs, after all.

“I mean, no disrespect of course!” She reassured Narue as they walked. “I’m sure what you guys do is super important to the rest of Soul Society and everything it’s just… Yeah that’s definitely not my kind of game there. I’ll stick to my bombs and unstable chemical formulas, thank you very much.” But hey, more power to Narue for being able to put up with that kinda stuff. She was apparently someone with a little more willpower than her concerning things like that.

After a few minutes of walking, the two women found themselves in front of a decent enough looking bar that happened to be open. The crowd inside was light, so there was plenty of room for the two of them to sit without having to bump into anyone either. “Well this looks like as good as a place as ever, how about it? First round’s on me.” Yukari flashed Narue a small thumbs up and walked inside, taking a seat at the bar.
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

Bored and Defused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 4:32 am

"Heheh, I've actually been doing this...the plush making anyway, since I was really little!" Narue smiled; "And it's not a problem! I'm not offended at all! It's definitely not everyone's cup of tea! It is mostly paperwork though, lots of it; as the lieutenant I get a lot...but I've learned to manage and keep things in check! I still even have free time!"

She was able to manage her schedules so she could get her work done and still be able to put some focus on her own hobbies as well!

A bar eventually came into view after a few minutes of walking, and Narue followed Yukari inside; she knew better than to look around and take in the sights of the building...that would make people think she was just some curious kid trying to buy alcohol!

She wasn't!

"Okay! This place seems fine!" Yukari was offering her the first drink, and she accepted as she moved to seat herself next to the woman after they'd entered the building. She would...get something sweet!
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

Bored and Defused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 3:41 pm

“Ohh, so you’ve been making these plushies for a while now, huh? Well that’s pretty cool.” Well, Yukari guessed Narue had been doing it for a while. Darn Shinigami and their weird aging abilities. Oh well, not like Yukari really cared how old she was anyway. Age is just a number, especially to them. “Well hey, good on you for finding something you like doing and sticking with it. A lot of people,” Yukari stifled a yawn behind her hand “A lot of people need a good hobby anyway. Good job, LT.”

She raised a slow thumbs up to Narue and nodded before propping her head back up on the bar counter. The bar itself was filled with the normal sights and sounds of a normal bar at this time of day. Few people in a booth, a couple others chatting at the far end of the counter, even the occasional loner apparently drinking his sorrows away in the corner or something. A jukebox in the back of the room filled the remaining silence with some kind of popular group’s ‘greatest hits’ album or whatever, Yukari couldn’t really find herself to care too much. Sigh.

Eventually, the bartender made his way over to the two women, a white towel thrown over his shoulder as he grinned professionally at them. “Well now, what can I get you two ladies this afternoon?”

“Just sake for me.” Yukari sighed, looking over at Narue. “How about you?”
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

Bored and Defused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 9:24 pm

"Mhm, it's fun and a nice way to pass time for me." Narue agreed; it was fun, and she was happy she knew how. She could only manage small stuffed animals right now still...nowhere near the size of Hato-kun whom was still hanging off of her back...

Thinking of that...

She made sure the plush wings of the large dove plush were wrapped securely around her neck; couldn't have him falling and getting dropped!

"Mhm, thanks!" She was glad Yukari agreed, it was good to have hobbies!

Narue sat idly, waiting with the other lieutenant before the bartender came up to them.

"I'll have something sweet!" As long as it was sweet she didn't mind!

Despite growing up in a bar...she had never actually memorized that many drinks, she was much too young back then!
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

Bored and Defused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 11:04 pm

"Hey, you find a way to enjoy yourself at your job and you never work a day in your life, know what I mean?" Yukari added, nodding slowly. Even if apparently it wasn't exactly your job to make stuff plushy things, at least Narue seemed to like it. Yukari was just lucky enough to love the crap out of her job, she guessed.

Which is why being off-duty suck so muuuuuuuuuch... Yukari really didn't have anything to do after she left the lad. And they wouldn't even let her text explosives in her spare time. Something about "Not being too safe" or some crazy stuff like that.

Well, okay. Explosive ordinance safety was very important and she knew that, but she was always super safe with her explosives anyway! It was all just one big bummer...

But even as Yukari moped in her boredom, the bartender still took their orders with a smile and walked over to  begin making their drinks. "So, Narue, how long have you been with the First? I hate to keep talking about work and everything seeing as how we're both off-duty, but I'm kinda pressed for topics otherwise."
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

Bored and Defused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 12:27 am

"Mhm!" Definitely! Narue didn't feel worked at all, she was happy with her job and therefore it didn't feel like work! She was fine with the paperwork, she was...much more suited for it anyway. She was trained to fight, but it wasn't something she was particularly fond of...

She had fun though! Her plush making, her work, her research! She had fun with it all!

At Yukari's questions, she had to take a moment to think; how long...she wasn't sure if she could give an exact number...but...

"Maybe...over a century? Yeah! That seems right! It's fine, I don't mind discussing work at all, Yukari!" She gave the woman another smile, hopefully reassuring her that it was fine to talk about these things.
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

Bored and Defused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 3:21 pm

Wow, she was certainly chipper. Almost a complete contrast to the increasingly bored and grumpy looking Yukari. But it’s not like it was something she held against Narue, though. Just because Yukari was bored out of her skull didn’t mean that everyone else around her had to be.

She let out a small whistle when she heard how long Narue had been working for the first, though. “Dang, so you’ve been at it quite a while, huh? You’ve got my appreciation for sure, LT.” She said plainly, giving Narue an appreciative nod. “You’ve certainly got a leg up over me on that accord. I mean, I’ve only been with the 12th for…” Yukari held her hand out over the table and began counting on her fingers. One by one she silently counted until she reached her fourth finger and stopped. “Wow, only four days. Sure doesn’t’ feel like it though…” She put her hands back down on the counter and sighed softly.

Well, not working feels like forever though… Sigh… So I guess I’ve been off work for four forevers now. She let out a disappointed little whimper and propped her head back up with her hand. I’ve got to convince Alex to let me work on my stuff after hours or something… Or at least be able to take my babies home to work on them!

The bartender soon returned and placed Yukari’s sake bottle and cup in front of her, followed by a raspberry margarita for Narue. He gave the two of them another smile before walking off to service his other customers.

“Alriiiiiight,” Yukari started, pouring herself a cup. “Bottom’s up, LT. Here’s to being bored out of your skull in the human world…” She said, giving the two of them a half-hearted toast.
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

Bored and Defused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 9:06 pm

"Hehe, yeah... I've been a shinigami for a long time; the job has given me a really nice life, it's easier in the Seireitei and helping them than living out in the Rukon..." Narue gave a small laugh, a bit of a sheepish one.

She had spent a few years of her life out in the Rukon...then she'd come to the Seireitei.

The Seireitei was safer...

Despite her vague thoughts, she continued smiling as if nothing was ailing her. Woow! Yukari hadn't been a lieutenant for very long then...just recently! "I'm sure you'll love the job! Being a lieutenant is fun!"

It wasn't long after she said that that their drinks got here, and Narue thought hers looked good! Raspberry probably, from its appearance!

Narue gave another small laugh at Yukari's toast, but accepting it nonetheless! "Right!"
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

Bored and Defused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 11:31 pm

"I know the feeling." Yukari nodded. "I'm no spring chicken either, well I guess compared to some shinigami, but I kinda spent a loooot of time back at the Academy before finally getting into the 12th. Didn't get a wing named in my honor or anything, but hey, beggars can't be choosers right?" She gave Narue a small smirk and took a sip of her sake, letting the fermented rice wine run through her system in a moderately refreshing way.

But c'mon, there was way better stuff in the Seireitei. The only real thing these humans could get right was their explosions. But damn if they don't do a good job of that...

"Oh believe me, I love my job! That's why having time off sucks so much though..." She sighed. "I just wanna get back into the lab and work on all the formulas and equations I got bumping around in my head, and then sit back and watch all my hard work go up in smoke." She added the last part with a dreamy look on her face as her finger traced a circle around the edge of her cup

"But oh well. I guess everyone's got to rest sometime, right?" But why does that that include meeeeeee?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bored and Defused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bored and Defused   Bored and Defused I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bored and Defused
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next