(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)

We are an OC Bleach RP looking for people who enjoy easy-going role playing, but we do enjoy a bit of excitement here and there.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Tuxedo Ruk & Kitty's Otome Adventures
Driftwood. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2023 8:27 pm by Rukuya

» Science Rules
Driftwood. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 5:34 pm by Potatoes O'Brien

» Box of Nerds
Driftwood. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 11:12 am by Yes

» Lost and Found... Hopefully? [Open]
Driftwood. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 9:24 pm by Rukuya

» Much Ado About Eating
Driftwood. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 11:27 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Saintly Territory
Driftwood. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 10:22 pm by The ArchKitty

» tl;dr—The Philosophy of Knowledge and Sand Castles
Driftwood. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 11:13 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Colors of the Heart
Driftwood. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 1:52 am by The ArchKitty

» Double Face [Shinya]
Driftwood. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 4:56 pm by Rukuya

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Driftwood.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

Driftwood. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 5:43 pm

Selena headed into the kitchen, trying to blink away her wish to touch the formerly water hobo. It was distracting having him around now, when before she didn't give any fucks before.

Moving to the fridge, she pulled down take out menus and set them on the large island in the middle of the kitchen with its barstools. "Its a rather big city so... Pizza, chinese, thai, indian, a sandwich shop... There's even a noodle shop that delivers. As for food I can make, um, mostly pasta dishes though those would take a lot longer than delivery. Here, I like all of these so I'll be fine with whatever you pick, get however much you want too. Its not like I can't afford to feed you."

The cats at least had wandered off with their ball toy, though the two dogs and the fox were hovering around. CC nudged Selena's leg as she pushed over the pile of menus, getting a pet for her troubles while the fox hopped up on a barstool and then to the woman's shoulder. Boris was content to stare soulfully up at Isaac. He was preparing for when the man had food, preparing his sad feed me gaze.
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 2:33 am

Isaac followed her into the kitchen, sitting down on one of the barstools. He looked over the menus, the hunger in his stomach already urging him to choose. It all sounded good... Man... He hadn't had good old fashioned pizza in forever. He gestured to it. "Pizza sounds delightful." He said, pursing his lips to stop from doing something unseemly like drool.

The animals helped distract him from his hunger, however, noticing in particular the fox hop up, following it with his eyes to its perch on Selena's shoulder before he looked down and smiled at Boris, leaning down to pet him. "Good boy."
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 10:09 pm

Selena slid a fancy cell phone over, moving the menu closed to Isaac with a roll of her eyes. It was an amused one moreso than actually annoyed, he was the guest he got to order what he wanted...

"Here, pick what you want, my number is on file. Just tell them the usual for me." Her hand went up to steady the fox, petting its ears carefully. Such a fluffy little annoyance, yet she still cooed at it as she pulled it into her arms. It snuggled up, its plot successful. "Let me get you something to drink... I have like five kinds of juices, milk, water?"

She had alcohol too but he probably needed liquids too, so she moved over to the large fridge and cocked her head.
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 1:46 am

He glanced over the menu, not taking long to figure out what he wanted. He dialed the number and, while it was ringing, looked up with a hand over the mic. "Water would be fine." He put the phone back to his ear as someone answered. He stood up and began pacing in a small path while ordering a supreme pizza, clumsily adding on that Selena would like her usual. He could practically feel the raised eyebrows on the other end. He felt silly.

Once the call was done, he walked over to her to politely hand it to her. "Thank you very much. For the shower and the food. For everything." He said with a reserved, but genuine smile.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 2:44 am

Selena nodded as Isaac paid attention to the phone, moving to grab two glasses as the fox left her arms unwillingly with a grumble. Filling one with water from the fridge, she set it on the counter while Isaac paced and ordered. She tried not to snort as he added on her order at the end, rolling her eyes as she pulled out juice for herself. He seemed a bit unsure of doing that? Why? Its not like they didn't have her number on file and order generally. She ate there enough...

Taking the phone back, she gave Isaac a grin and slipped it into her pocket. "You're very welcome, I was hungry anyways. Though I'm not in the habit of picking up secretly handsome strangers who wash up on shore."

She laughed lightly and gave Isaac an appreciative look. He looked much better cleaned up.
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 2:54 am

He glanced over to her once or twice while ordering, trying to figure out why she kept rolling her eyes. Was he that ridiculous? Hrm. "I...ah.." He glanced aside, something between a cringe and a genuine smile on his face, before turning to her again. "Well... I don't know about the handsome... or secret or..." He cut himself off, not wanting to ramble. He never did know how to take compliments. Did he return it? She was certainly attractive enough.

"Uh... Thank you." He finished rather simply. "So..." He was merely speaking to change the subject. "What would you like to do till the food arrives?"
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 3:06 am

"Welcome again. You aren't good at compliments or social stuff are you?" Selena noted before taking a drink of her juice, she liked white grape even if it was really sweet. Isaac seemed ill at ease with compliments and well the whole situation in fact.

"Uh lets see. Things I'd like to do... Read a bit? Relax, there's not enough time to go swimming but I doubt you want to take a dip after your latest adventure..." She held in a snort at that, shaking her loose orange hair as she ran a hand through it and brushed it over her shoulder. "You seem like you have a ton of stories, how about you share some with me?"

Slipping from the stool, she grabbed her drink and raised an eyebrow. "I have comfy couches and seats. I like to hear stories."
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 3:11 am

"Ah.." He gave a dismissive wave, turning to walk across the kitchen, drink in hand. She deserved more of an answer than that though. "Just compliments." He clarified. He could socialize fine, he just... no idea about the compliments. Her list of ideas sounded good. Reading seemed odd to do with company. She was right that he wouldn't enjoy swimming after all that time in the ocean...

"Huh. I've had enough time in the water. At least cold water. I assume your pool isn't hot." She wanted him to share stories? He supposed he could, though he'd have to be careful about what he shared. "Well, I suppose I have a few stories to tell."
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 3:30 am

"Just compliments? I'll keep that in mind." Selena grinned, well she wasn't going to compliment him too much. He'd been through a lot, it would be weird to jump in his pants or flirt heavily... Speaking of which... He probably wouldn't be here for a long period of time at that.

"After food gets here, you want to call someone to come get you? Or would you want to now?" Leading him into the living room, she stepped down into the depressed area and she set the glass on the coffee table pulled up close for such things. Crawling onto the couch, she tucked her legs under her as a sweater covered hand pushed up her glasses. She patted the cushion next to hers. "Its heated a bit since swimming in cold water isn't fun, its indoor so its not like summer or winter matters."

She waved to the large wall nearby with glass windows out into the pool. "A few stories are fine. Leave out what you want, I have a big imagination so I can pretend on parts if you want."
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 4:06 am

He nodded at her grin, following her to the living room. He glanced at the seat opposite of the couch, before she patted the seat next to her. Ah. He took the seat and shrugged. "I.." He... wait, how did he call them? He didn't even have soul butterflies! Shit! Quick! Lie, damn you, lie! "This is embarrassing." He said with a sheepish laugh. "But I don't even know any of the numbers in my phone." He 'admitted'.

He took note of the pool being heated. He had no intention of swimming in it though. Now a hot tub... The relaxing nature of the hot baths seemed extra soothing in comparison to the arctic sea. "Uh... I'll.. I dunno... stay in town and figure something out." With... what money? Shit...

"Well... Alright, I suppose I've got a few good stories... " He glanced at her, suddenly reminded of a few. So... one time I may have become... entangled... in a mob feud... and accidentally married to the don's daughter." He felt like that would grab her attention.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 3:55 pm

Selena looked over at Isaac in disbelief and shook her head. "Really? Well is there an embassy you could call? Address? I guess you can stay here for a few days if you need to. I've got work though, so you'd be here alone with the animals for most of the days."

It wasn't as if she didn't have room... And there wasn't much he could steal that was worth anything. Well the whole place was, but he couldn't just take the house. He didn't seem like the stupid type either, angering the Quincies would be not the greatest plan ever especially when she was offering him shelter and food while he got home.

As Isaac began his story, a large dog snuck closer before hopping up onto the couch and crawling over. She settled onto his lap, while the fox snuck onto Selena's. Two of the cats joined them, padding over quietly before hopping up and curling on the back of the couch but well within petting range...

Boris and Ace were playing a game of tag, too busy to get cuddles at the moment.

Selena for her part was shocked, trying to hold in laughter that she hid behind her sweatered hand. "You're MARRIED?! I need the rest now! You can't stop there!"

She was leaning forward, curiosity shining in her eyes even as she hid her mouth from view.
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 12:09 am

"Not... that I know off hand, no... but I'll figure something out, no worries." He said, considering her offer. "I suppose... I could stay here for ONE night at least... I don't want to become a burdensome guest though..." He made room for the dog that now occupied his lap and pet the kitty within reach.

"Well... It all started when I wandered into Vegas. I didn't intend to see much. But I figured I should at least do some cursory gambling. I put a small amount into chips and start. Well, I'm sitting there playing poker when I notice the craziest bastard thing. There's a hollow going around... looking at everyone's cards." He gestured the holding cards and then the hollow traipsing about.

"The hollow's looking at everyone's cards and whispering to the dealer who knows what we have but hardly knows how he knows it. The hollow's messing with machines, rigging slots. Running this racket. Well, I investigate... It turns out that the head of this little crime group is another high spec who can talk to Hollows and this hollow is running the gang with him."

He sat back some. "Naturally, this had to be dealt with."
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 12:41 am

"I don't guests enough for you to wear out the welcome in a few days time. If you need a few days, take it." Selena was nonchalant, she liked having people around really even if she valued her alone time and privacy. This man seemed quiet, so he wouldn't be too much of a problem.

Cuddling the fox to her, Cora snuggling with happy little grumbles, Selena listened with wide eyed attention. She had a lopsided grin on her face, nodding a bit. Of course you had to gamble a bit in Vegas, even if just to say you did. Though a hollow? She raised an eyebrow but kept silent, her eyes following his gestures.

The dealer must have had a sixth sense to hear that... Rolling her eyes at such a team up though, betrayer, she narrowed her eyes before a laugh escaped her at the obvious stop. Playing the part, in all honesty because she wanted to know. "Naturally. How did you deal with this then, great stopper of cheating hollow gangs?"
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 12:18 am

Isaac glanced from her to the fox, reaching out to pet it while he spoke. He, of course, had some old fashioned storytelling methods in terms of suspense buildup, but Selena seemed to be playing along with it and that made him smile, if only slightly. "Well, I stuck around for a while. I wasn't sure what had lured the hollow or was working with it so I wanted to be careful. But! I eventually managed to get into a private gambling room. Once there..."

He pressed his fist into his other palm. "Took out the hollow. Had to incapacitate the house man and two other gamblers, but we were to be playing russian roulette so I wasn't concerned TOO much about their safety." He mentioned offhandedly.

"Well, that upset the guy in charge who... well, I may have underestimated how tough he'd be. During all this, the guy's daughter has been talking to me. Not sure why, but maybe she was picking up on latent spiritual pressure readings? I'm not really sure." The most baffling part of his explanation seemed to be that he believed it.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 12:38 am

Selena shifted so Isaac could pet Cora easier while smiling. She was definitely enjoying the story, laughs escaping as the man slammed his fist together. Her eyes shone in a bit of awe, she didn't feel this man was the embellishing type and it just sounded like a story from a detective novel. She didn't seem bothered by Isaac's incapacitation of the others in the least, nodding as she waited for more. Comments could wait...

No comments could not wait! Selena burst into laughter at the oblivious man, an eyebrow raising. "I am sure it was your looks and the whole... dangerous men are sexy vibe. How did you take out the man in charge then? By marrying his daughter?"
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 12:59 am

"W-well. I don't know about that..." He cleared his throat, glancing away for a second, finding a nearby kitty that seemed like it needed affection at the moment. Once he'd let a suitable few seconds pass between that awkward comment, he decided to continue. "Ah... not.. not quite... See, we were on the run from some of his goons and... ah.." He seemed almost hesitant to continue.

"Well, we wound up maybe hiding in a show? Like a stage performance. However... Unbeknownst to us... it was something of a... stage...theater...wedding combination... monstrosity.." He sighed. "Which was how we wound up accidentally married."
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 1:20 am

Selena didn't comment on his looks again, instead she reached over and picked up her drink and took a few sips as she looked over the glass at him. Isaac seemed either oblivious or entirely uncomfortable when things like that were brought up. Waiting for Isaac to continue, she gave a small encouraging nod before she had to set the glass back down.

That hand was needed to cover her mouth, because she felt the laughter would overtake her if she didn't stuff a sweaterpaw against it. She managed slightly before just utterly shocked words tumbled from behind her hand. "H-How does that even happen!? You ended up... stage theater marriage... I hope your married life was... happy until you could divorce."

Oh god she was trying to imagine an awkward honeymoon and was succeeding too much. The fox on her lap grumbled and hopped off the moving woman to curl up near her dog buddy.
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 1:27 am

He smirked, the closest he was willing to give to a laugh about the whole situation. "Hell if I know, but it happened. And ah... You could say it was uh.." He scratched his head, not entirely sure how to phrase it. "Well... I.. wound up having to leave in.. something of a hurry after the whole debacle and I wasn't too hyped about married life with a newly orphaned mob daughter so uh..." He cleared his throat again awkwardly.

"Well, I guess I'm still technically married? I didn't exactly go back." Of course this was somewhere over 60 years ago, but he could hardly mention THAT. He didn't expect his one time bride was still alive, or figured he was either. "Ta-daa?"
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 7:45 pm

"...I can't imagine a life where that is just a story you have. Still married? Sheesh!" Selena shook her head, trying to wrap her mind around him having fled and the newly orphaned mob daughter. She felt a small twinge for the woman, but the story itself was a bit too funny and weird to feel too bad for now.

She laughed lightly, setting her glass back down and smiling though her hands hid it as she tried to stop laughing now. Just really who does that? Runs away from it... He should have gotten a divorce then and there! Leaning against the cushions, she finally stopped laughing at the rather ridiculous set of circumstances that were too absurd for her to doubt.

Shooting Isaac a small grin, she looked up at the ceiling after a moment. "I'm sorry, I don't have fun or interesting stories to tell you and make you laugh. I'm really boring in comparison, just a quincy 'princess'."
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 11:23 pm

"Well, I mean... Vegas married... That doesn't even count, right?" He asked, chuckling softly. He was pretty sure he'd heard that on a TV show of some sort before. "Besides, I think she was as mortified at the marriage as I was... Though she showed some interest in consummating it..." He made a small awkward growl. "I was more interested in escaping the horde of armed thugs who were displeased with the chain of events that had occurred."

He shook his head at her self deprecation. "Don't be silly. I've never met anyone who owns a fox, much less this many animals. At least not this many happy animals. I especially don't think princesses normally care for their animals this well." He said, petting the few he could reach one after another.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 12:07 am

"I think it counts in the whole United States legally, even if not culturally." Selena pointed out, not helpful at all as she smiled. Laughing as he finished that, she also pointed out while leaning slightly closer to Isaac. "I can definitely see why she did. All cleaned up you are very attractive..."

Of course he would be more concerned with not dying, she bet the woman had nothing to worry over with those thugs. They were her fathers men and now hers... So they more than likely wouldn't hurt her at least.

"Hah! I can have a nice life and have it be perfectly boring in comparison to someone who married a Mob Princess and was on the run from them." Turning her nose up at Isaac, she appreciated that very sweet and kind words... But was playing the part she had given herself, while hiding the pleased little jolt that ran through her at such an honest pronouncement. "Why I never! A Princess can be kind and adore her animals, what about the ones who sing to them and get them to help clean? If she was mean to them and they didn't adore her, why would they help?"

She pulled Fiddlesticks from the back of the couch into her arms, the cat giving a confused sound before purring up a storm as she snuggled to Selena.
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 12:34 am

"Well.." He shrugged. Nothing he could really do about it. Not that he thought she was taking the issue that seriously. And then she leaned forward with that... look. "Ah.." He opened his mouth for a second before shutting it tight, looking away. Why did she have to keep complimenting him? Was she.. really attracted to him? That.. He was glad she kept talking, giving him something to get off the subject with.

"Are you saying you're a disney princess?" He asked, fighting back the urge to start laughing outright. It WAS what she was describing, after all. "Well..." He was going to say that she at least looked the part, even in what seemed to amount to her PJs... He chose to just remain quiet and pet the nearest available kitty. It was only the most stone faced stoicness that kept him from blushing.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 1:00 am

Isaac was definitely not okay with compliments, but he wasn't reacting badly. Just he was rather shy it seemed, to her at least. Had he never thought about his looks? She wanted to laugh and tease him more, but was distracted by the laughter in his tone at his next words.

"...No. I am not. Not by a long shot. I don't sing for one! For two, I don't exactly need a prince." Selena scoffed lightly, waving her hand that Fiddlesticks batted at to be returned to pets. The quincy obliged the cat with an eyeroll and sigh, though she had a soft smile on her face as she did so. Her purple eyes lifted from the cat up to Isaac once more and she raised a curious brow. "Well...? Well what?"

Had he been about to say something? Now she wanted to know what he was thinking!
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 1:09 am

He had really hoped she would have dropped it. Or at least not look him so straightly in the eyes when asking. He was pretty good at dodging questions, but that was when it was for a purpose. Espionage was simple. You were trying to deceive this person... And he WAS deceiving Selena but.. only to the point necessary... For things like this it was... harder...

"Well... I suppose... I was going to say.." Just... think of anything. Compliment her animals? Her... uh... Even his train of thought seemed to grind to a halt. "Well you sort of LOOK like someone Disney would come up with, don't you think?"
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 1:27 am

"I do?" Selena thought about it for a moment and let Fiddlesticks escape the hold as she moved to the back of the couch with a hop once more. She knew her looks were desirable, she definitely knew that. But a Disney Princess? That seemed more wholesome than she felt she gave off...

Looking down, she pulled her sweater out, the hole that was sliding down her shoulder moving as she glanced down at her body. "I... suppose in a way. Soft white skin, blondish hair and european traits... But the rest of me is definitely not built like a Disney princess."

She let the sweater fall again, this time the throat hole hanging down her chest a bit and revealing a distinct lack of shirt under it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Driftwood.   Driftwood. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Driftwood.
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜) :: The World of the Living :: Human World General-
Jump to: