(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)

We are an OC Bleach RP looking for people who enjoy easy-going role playing, but we do enjoy a bit of excitement here and there.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Tuxedo Ruk & Kitty's Otome Adventures
A little coffee never killed anybody. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2023 8:27 pm by Rukuya

» Science Rules
A little coffee never killed anybody. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 5:34 pm by Potatoes O'Brien

» Box of Nerds
A little coffee never killed anybody. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 11:12 am by Yes

» Lost and Found... Hopefully? [Open]
A little coffee never killed anybody. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 9:24 pm by Rukuya

» Much Ado About Eating
A little coffee never killed anybody. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 11:27 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Saintly Territory
A little coffee never killed anybody. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 10:22 pm by The ArchKitty

» tl;dr—The Philosophy of Knowledge and Sand Castles
A little coffee never killed anybody. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 11:13 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Colors of the Heart
A little coffee never killed anybody. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 1:52 am by The ArchKitty

» Double Face [Shinya]
A little coffee never killed anybody. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 4:56 pm by Rukuya

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

A little coffee never killed anybody.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shnaks

Shnaks

A little coffee never killed anybody. Empty
PostSubject: A little coffee never killed anybody.   A little coffee never killed anybody. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 4:35 am

Julian slipped his hands around the cup of coffee, a thumb hooking through the handle of the mug for stability as he brought it up to his lips and took a long sip. He glanced up at the barista and gave him a little nod. Yes. Yes this was correct.

He was wearing a dark ensemble (his outfit had no gloves, however). He took another little sip of his coffee, frowning at it before setting it down and sitting still. It didn't help to fidget while waiting, now did it? She'd be along soon or she wouldn't be.

He'd sent an e-mail to Selena. It was a simple e-mail. avoiding too many time wasting pleasantries asking her simply if she'd like to join him for some socialization after work at this cafe. After a positive response, here he was..... Waiting. He sighed and uncrossed one leg before gently crossing the other.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: A little coffee never killed anybody.   A little coffee never killed anybody. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 5:14 am

The email had been somewhat expected, Selena was sure the new worker would want to get to know the other quincy. It was standard really, so sending him a positive reply they set a time. Heading home, she had showered and changed after addressing the horde of pets.

Wearing her usual off-work clothes, even if it was summer and a bit warm, she headed for the coffee shop. Sensible soft sandals clicked on the ground as she entered the shop, almost perfectly on time.

Her orange hair fell in soft waves, down for once and she pushed her glasses up as she glanced around. Purple eyes quickly found the handsome man and she gave him a very small smile and nod as she moved over there in a rather relaxed stride. "I didn't keep you waiting did I, Mr Valencia?"
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: A little coffee never killed anybody.   A little coffee never killed anybody. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 11:46 pm

Julian was mid sip of coffee when he heard footsteps. He opened one eye and glanced at the person out of his peripheral vision. That couldn't be her. Too relaxed compared to the woman he'd seen in the -oh my. He set his coffee down quickly, standing up and gesturing for her to take a seat, politely waiting.

"Not long, no, miss Archiagott. You may call me Julian if you prefer." He glanced around for a waitress. "May I get you something to drink? I'd feel fairly awful if I invited someone out then expected them to pay." Plus with how much Adam was paying them, he imagined it was a negligible amount for any employee of the business. But it was the thought that counted.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: A little coffee never killed anybody.   A little coffee never killed anybody. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 12:15 am

Apparently Julian hadn't expected her to come like this, Selena hiding a small amused grin deep inside of her. Nodding in acknowledgement, she slid into the chair and settled herself before allowing another small smile to escape. "That is good, I'd have hated to kept you waiting. You can call me Selena, Julian. Its off work."

A small laugh sounded as she waved off the formality, looking up at the list of drinks. "I think I'd like a hot cocoa, please."

She wondered what exactly the man wanted with her, other than the obvious. Not that she would be against that...but really he seemed like he wished to play polite and friendly bit first.

Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: A little coffee never killed anybody.   A little coffee never killed anybody. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 3:42 am

"Fair enough." He said, getting the waitress' attention and sitting down. "I try not to assume is all." The waitress made her way over and Julian ordered Selena's cocoa for her. "You look... much more relaxed then you did before. Although perhaps I was just being a bother. My apologies." He said with an apologetic look.

"Still, I figured I should get to know my fellow coworkers and you seemed like the person to start with." He lifted his coffee to sip at it. "And I had a feeling you were against socializing during work hours so I thought I'd get to know you off the clock."
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: A little coffee never killed anybody.   A little coffee never killed anybody. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 4:22 am

"Not too much of a bother. Just an annoyance to add to the list, though you made up for it. No apologies needed." Leaning forward on the table, one elbow rested as her head leaned on one hand. Selena looked across the table at Julian a bit curiously. He was amazingly easy on the eyes, especially his eyes.

His logic made a bit of sense, she had today free and felt slightly social so it was good of him. Nodding politely, she gave him another small smile. "I have too much to do during work hours, unless I want to spend all night awake as well. Most of the time off hours is the best for me... I have days I don't like to be bothered though."

"I'm rather simple to be honest. You want to get to know the others, they are the more complex ones. I just do my work and go home and relax, boring." Letting out a soft, a bit derogatory laugh, she waved her free hand. She quickly switched subjects though, getting to the main reason she had agreed to the meeting. "How about you, Julian? How did Adam find another Quincy such as yourself, enough to be trusted in the company immediately?"
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: A little coffee never killed anybody.   A little coffee never killed anybody. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 5:57 pm

"My apologies regardless." He said with a softer smile then before. Seeing her relax, he did so himself, sitting forward on the table, forearms resting on the edge, keeping his elbows off even when relaxing. He had more then his fair share of etiquette lodged into his brain. "Although who says I'm looking for complexity?" He asked rather pointedly. After all, his life was certainly complex enough as it is. Maybe he just wanted his socialization to be simple.

"But I digress. As for how Adam found me, well... A pair of unfortunate muggers accosted me in an alleyway. It was discreet enough that I dispatched them with my abilities. Adam was in the area and detected the reiatsu and came to find me. He set up a meeting to discuss employment and... here I am. I don't know how much he trusts me, but... well... Let's just say that he has certain items of sensitive information that he could promptly make my life more difficult if I were to betray his trust."
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: A little coffee never killed anybody.   A little coffee never killed anybody. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 12:26 am

Julian had a nice smile, she could appreciate it now that she had time to. Selena's eyes were approving of his looks, glancing over his face and then down to his lips and a slightly larger smile graced her lips. She chuckled and closed her eyes briefly, opening them against as her hot cocoa was set in front of her. Waving off the question of anything else wanted, she lifted the cup to her lips and took a small sip. Ah, yes. On the bitter side of things. Smiling more truly now, she set it back down and raised an eyebrow as he spoke.

"Well then I suppose I will have to do for now. I hope I don't bore you, I am a bit of a shut in." Selena was more than a bit interested in that story though, wondering how Adam had just stumbled across a Quincy like that... Though to be fair it was highly possible to be a quincy without being from the families.

Pushing aside her curiosity for now, she lifted a scoop of the whipped cream out of the cup and brought the spoon to her lips. "Now that sounds just like him. Color me intrigued on how he ran across a Quincy randomly but I'll chalk it up to fate for now, Julian."
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: A little coffee never killed anybody.   A little coffee never killed anybody. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 3:08 am

Julian's eyes seemed to take in every small action Selena made before him. It wasn't simply because she was beautiful either. Part of the unique skillset he'd been... he would use the term born for self esteem's sake. Part of the skillset he'd been born with included rather acute notice of little details, of reading people. He was made for espionage and paying attention was the biggest part of that. Then again he was also made for seduction and by the reactions she was having, Vera's handiwork was doing most of that job for him.

He smiled, his lips parting to reveal his pearly teeth. "I don't think that's so bad. Some of the people I care most about in the world are shut-ins." It was certainly true. "And really, it's all right. I hate to see such an eager look unfulfilled. My family was an... an offshoot Quincy family so to speak. My great great grandfather retired and hung up his bow, but he taught his son on a matter of personal protection. Then he taught his son and so on. All to be used in case they were ever attacked, but otherwise keeping the talent secret. So we sort of went entirely unnoticed in the war." He shrugged. "But fate is fat, I suppose."
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: A little coffee never killed anybody.   A little coffee never killed anybody. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 1:00 am

"I am glad someone appreciates that. It seems like most of the rest just... want me to be a social butterfly." Selena shot Julian a slightly grateful smile, a tiny one but it was there. She did appreciate her house, it was why she had it made that way. Having a pool meant not having to go to a gym. Such a nice smile, she really appreciated those even if she rarely showed hers.

Julian's story made a bit of sense and Selena shrugged, raising her lips to her cup before taking a small sip. "I suppose that makes you a lucky one then. Or unlucky, being blackmailed by the King into service? He's picking up dirty habits from Kostya again, but those are never too bad to have..."

Laughing lightly, she stirred the cocoa with a spoon to mix the now deflated whipped cream into it. "I should let you know my family at least was always loyal to his highness. Loyalty to him and his line is in my whole being from birth really, its always odd to me to see new quincy showing which is why I was curious. Thank you for satisfying that."
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: A little coffee never killed anybody.   A little coffee never killed anybody. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 4:35 am

"You're welcome." He said, giving a little dismissive wave only to follow it up with a bigger one with the other hand. "And frankly, I think socialization is overrated anyway. I only try to do it with people who already seem interesting." He said, giving her a brief toothy grin before sipping at his coffee. "I'd hardly say BLACKMAILED..." He said, opening his mouth to correct her.

"Well... There were some underlying implications of blackmail I suppose." The sensitive information that he'd mentioned was more about making sure Julian didn't betray him then to force him to work for Adam. That said, Vera HADN'T been presented with a great deal of security in her decision.. "But what can you do. You just keep going with whatever your life has decided to become, right?"
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: A little coffee never killed anybody.   A little coffee never killed anybody. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 5:35 pm

"Interesting? Is that what that was? I don't think interesting is the word you want. Attractive. You hit on me immediately after seeing me and then ask me on a social meeting and call me interesting?" Selena gave a toothy grin in response, her eyebrow raised in a playful tilt. Still it seemed like it was only partially blackmail.

She had to laugh more at that. Shrugging, Selena agreed. "Pretty much, you just keep moving ahead and hope for the best. Rarely get the best, but that's what cynicism is for~
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: A little coffee never killed anybody.   A little coffee never killed anybody. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 5:45 pm

He quickly gave a little smile at her... not quite accusation. So she thought he was basic? Well... THAT basic.. "While I appreciate your cynicism and agree with your outlook wholeheartedly, you can dial it back a little bit." He said, placing his coffee down and resting his head on one hand, leaning forward slightly. "I wouldn't lie about someone being interesting. You're simply both interesting AND attractive. If all I wanted was attractive I wouldn't bother flirting with a co-worker." It was true enough. There was an upper ceiling on how much attractive mattered and Selena was far enough past it that if all he cared for was looks he could have found a much easier person to speak to. "Besides. Innocent socialization and flirtatious advances aren't mutually exclusive."
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: A little coffee never killed anybody.   A little coffee never killed anybody. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 4:36 pm

"I just wanted it to be out in the open at least. Sorry if it came across a bit harsh, I can do playful and secretive flirting I suppose but today is just not a good day for me. My skills are a bit off at the moment and I wouldn't want to disappoint you." Selena's small smile was a bit sheepish as she looked down at her hot cocoa. She stirred it and took a sip before glancing up again.

He was without a doubt gorgeous. "Interesting and attractive fits you just as much Julian, since I am being so honest. My flirting abilities may be off today, but I can at least tell you the truth like this."
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: A little coffee never killed anybody.   A little coffee never killed anybody. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 5:11 am

"Understandable and no worries. I'd use the term 'direct' more than harsh." He said with a dismissive hand wave. It really was fine. He was happy to see her being amicable. "To be completely honest, I hate that kind of flirting as much as I excel at it. It makes simple socialization exhausting." He sat back with a sigh closing his eyes for a moment. "Of course, I think my talents with socialization may be part of what I was hired for.."

He opened one, giving her a slight smile. "But like I said. You're a coworker. An ally even. If someone talented at espionage can't be himself with his own teammates, it makes him sort of untrustworthy altogether." It was true. He could slip into any persona he needed to for a mission but... he just felt like there should be that anchor. If he couldn't be himself with his 'fellow' quincies then they weren't really his fellows to begin with. Of course there was the ultimate deception to him but... Adam knew about it and that would affect 'others' besides himself. "So I agree. Straightforward is the way to go."
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: A little coffee never killed anybody.   A little coffee never killed anybody. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 11:21 pm

"Its fun sometimes at least." Selena pointed this out, it was exhausting but she did enjoy it when she took the time to. What he was hired for eh? Probably to make up with her lack of tact at times, much like Jack. She liked to think Kostya was as bad as herself...but she knew better.

Okay ally? That made her giggle a bit, already an ally? Of all the people he could try to attach to and it was her? She guessed she was flattered. He had stated his reasons, just it still amused her even now. "Well then! Since we are being straightforward, anything in particular you wanted to bond over?"

She drained the last of her cocoa, relaxed and a pleasant smile on her face. Maybe he had something other than just coffee? A small date? This was a rather public place to be discussing secrets.
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: A little coffee never killed anybody.   A little coffee never killed anybody. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 10:13 pm

"There's... a certain art to it that can be entertaining if you're good at it, I suppose." Not that he was professing any mastery over it, but he WAS made with some proficiency at the ol' honeypot. He was sipping at the last of his coffee when she giggled and he looked up. "Hm?" Bond over? Well that was a silly way to phrase it. He chuckled himself.

"Hm. Bonding, huh? I suppose, though this is hardly the place for anything interesting either of us has to say. Too many secrets and too many ears." He set his coffee down. "Shall we adjourn then? I think our respective lives have probably been interesting enough we could find a more interesting venue to discuss them in." His apartment if everything went well. "Have you eaten?"
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: A little coffee never killed anybody.   A little coffee never killed anybody. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 1:51 am

Selena just smiled as Julian chuckled, nodding slowly. Yes bond. It would be what they were doing, in any event. Whether it was talking or other things she didn't care. Or well she did care, she'd prefer the latter but...

It wasn't as if he was boring. Moving to stand, she laughed just a bit as she raised an eyebrow. "Yes, we shall adjourn. As you said, secrets and ears."

Adjusting her sweater, she looked up thoughtfully and figured it should be fine to offer him. "I did eat, leftovers from mostaccioli I made last night. If you want I have enough to share or other things there that can be prepared easily. My home is rather secure from ears and I have a pool as well."
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: A little coffee never killed anybody.   A little coffee never killed anybody. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 11:32 pm

Secrets and ears. He had to admit, he liked the phrasing. He rose following her, pushing his chair in and placing some money on the table for the coffee plus a modestly healthy tip. He headed outside, glancing back to her as he held the door. "Oh? You cook? I was unaware. Well I'll have to try some. I'm sure it's excellent." Well he was more than a little curious to taste this now. But what... the hell... was mostaccioli... It was obviously pasta but what kind? None of the others had ever made that. Oh well. If it was good, it was good. And he didn't have any allergies... that he knew of....

"A pool? Interesting. Yet I have no swimsuit." He said with a little 'alas' motion with his hand.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: A little coffee never killed anybody.   A little coffee never killed anybody. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 3:37 am

Following Julian, Selena brushed her hair back from her face and nodded her thanks as he held the door. "I do a bit. I am not amazing, but I can make my favorites and most simple things. If it has directions or a recipe I can generally make it though."

Waiting for him to follow, she would have to lead him to her house, a small smile appeared. He wanted to try some then? That made her a bit happy, she wasn't going to lie. She rarely got a chance to cook for anyone else, so it was nice to share food. "I hope its up to your impeccable taste, though its a rather simple food. Despite being French I am rather fond of pasta."

"I have spares. I like to keep some handy on the odd chance I get guests, if you really wish to try swimming." Selena glanced back and gave a playful grin. Would he want to swim or play with her more? She'd be fine with either option.
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: A little coffee never killed anybody.   A little coffee never killed anybody. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 5:33 pm

Julian gave a dismissive wave, accompanied by a smile. "I'm sure your pasta is excellent." he reassured her. Generally, pasta was hard to mess up and she seemed like she probably had a sophisticated palette, so that added up to a good meal in his books.

And it sounded like it would be a good evening overall. Homemade pasta and swimming with his new friend, his new rather very sexy friend? "Well that is handy. And here I was afraid I would have to swim in the nude." He said with a very "woe was me" tone of voice. He walked up to the street's edge and hailed a cab further down in traffic before turning back to Selena.

"By the way, there's been something I've been meaning to see." He said before placing a hand on her shoulder and leaning in, rather abruptly placing his lips on hers in a firm kiss.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: A little coffee never killed anybody.   A little coffee never killed anybody. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 2:09 am

"Thank you." Appreciating the belief on her pasta despite no signs of her cooking skills show thus far (other than the ability to make drinkable work coffee), Selena gave Julian another warm smile. He was charming and polite and handsome. She could warm up to him just a bit.

"You still have that option. You won't hear objections from me if you choose." Teasing just slightly, she tried to keep the amusement in her tone to a minimum despite how much he was doing so. She almost yawned while watching him wave down a taxi, holding it in with a bit of effort though. Work was tiring but she was just pleased he had accepted her invitation to her house.

Selena glance up as Julian spoke of something he'd been meaning to see, just in time to get kissed. As his lips pressed to hers, she responded instinctively. A hand reached up and slipped behind his neck, not wanting him to stop right away as she moved just a bit closer to him.
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: A little coffee never killed anybody.   A little coffee never killed anybody. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 5:45 am

Julian was amused by the nudity option, but he had been too distracted by what he was about to do to properly respond. And he was far too distracted by her response. He had been hope-assuming she would accept the kiss. He hadn't expected her to respond so enthusiastically. He made a small pleased noise and slid his hand down her shoulder to her side and down to her hip before pulling her closer to him, deepening the kiss. Just before he'd break it off, he let just the very slightest bit of tingle go, touching her lips.

When he finally did break off, he smirked. "Under normal circumstances, I'd probably do something like turn and just stand there quietly, letting that hang. But seeing as how we're bonding and not playing mind games..." He lifted his hand, leaving a single finger on it and let a small trickle of charge tingle at her through her sweater, dragging his finger up her back. "You only have to wait for your house to see where this goes if you'd like to.."
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: A little coffee never killed anybody.   A little coffee never killed anybody. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 7:35 pm

Selena gave Julian a little laugh as they kissed in response to his own sound, though it quickly cut off once his hand had slide down her side. Her other hand went to his shirt, holding it as she was pulled against him fully. He was a good kisser, she was enjoying this too much to want to stop.

That tingle though made her eyes open in a bit of shock as he pulled back, a small pleased laugh sounding as she smiled. Julian was smirking and it was very attractive to her, but she just gave him a smile instead. It'd been nice, why not?

His words though shifted it to a smirk, her mouth opening to retort before the charge up her back made her gasp. He had such fine control over this... "If it goes somewhere that includes those...little tingles and shocks I think I can wait until then. I appreciate your forthrightness on this, bonding is much more fun than mindgames for me right now. Lots and lots of bonding..."
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: A little coffee never killed anybody.   A little coffee never killed anybody. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 4:03 am

Julian's smirk widened, opening his mouth to say something before the cab honked, not wanting to sit here for the whole show. Their loss. He rolled his eyes. "Oh, there's plenty more where those came from." he reassured her as he opened the cab door, waiting for her to get in before doing the same. Once they were in and the cab was on its way, he'd resume talking, in a hushed tone trying not to include the cabby TOO much.

"It's refreshing to know where the night's going ahead of time." He said with a smile. It was less pressure. Less effort hiding that there was any pressure. And it made her feel less like... someone he was trying to fence with and more... well... he supposed like a friend he was going to do things to/with. He placed a hand on her leg with a small glance. "Though the offer to show you what you're in for remains on the table." He said, inching his hand up exactly once, letting her know he could easily continue, but wouldn't without her say so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little coffee never killed anybody.   A little coffee never killed anybody. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A little coffee never killed anybody.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next