(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)

We are an OC Bleach RP looking for people who enjoy easy-going role playing, but we do enjoy a bit of excitement here and there.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Tuxedo Ruk & Kitty's Otome Adventures
Any Spooky is Too Spooky I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2023 8:27 pm by Rukuya

» Science Rules
Any Spooky is Too Spooky I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 5:34 pm by Potatoes O'Brien

» Box of Nerds
Any Spooky is Too Spooky I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 11:12 am by Yes

» Lost and Found... Hopefully? [Open]
Any Spooky is Too Spooky I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 9:24 pm by Rukuya

» Much Ado About Eating
Any Spooky is Too Spooky I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 11:27 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Saintly Territory
Any Spooky is Too Spooky I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 10:22 pm by The ArchKitty

» tl;dr—The Philosophy of Knowledge and Sand Castles
Any Spooky is Too Spooky I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 11:13 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Colors of the Heart
Any Spooky is Too Spooky I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 1:52 am by The ArchKitty

» Double Face [Shinya]
Any Spooky is Too Spooky I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 4:56 pm by Rukuya

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Any Spooky is Too Spooky

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

Any Spooky is Too Spooky Empty
PostSubject: Any Spooky is Too Spooky   Any Spooky is Too Spooky I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 10:53 pm

"This... is it? I think? Oh dear..." Obie said quietly as he desperately held on to a slip of paper in front of him. Ever since Yysara's visit, things changed super a lot for the poor Shinigami. Captain Lakshmi Ma'am up and left, leaving Daiji as the acting Captain... and Obie as the new Lieutenant. It was a very, well, scary day for the albino man once he found that out. Mainly involving burying himself under all of his pillows ever as his poor mind adjusted to this new information.

Eventually, he found his way out of his room, and with it the Lieutenant's emblem to attach to his uniform. Now he had so many more people to have to talk to in order to keep the Division going, but luckily his whiteboard system still managed to help keep track of everything. He only needed to buy more.

Once he had a brief moment to clear his head, Obie thought back to the conversation he had with the Snakey Arrancar about how the Human World wasn't actually always a horrible terror pit all the time except when it TOTALLY WAS sometimes!. His first thought was to use her suggestion and go to the library to research all the spookiness that was the land of the living, but in the time it took him to dig himself out of his pillows it turned out he wasn't the only one that got a promotion.

Turned out his contact at the Library (IE: Mia) was now in charge of the Human World Division! Which was terrifying and good at the same time! Good because 'hey who else to ask about the Human World', but Bad because 'OH GOD HOW SCARY IS SHE NOW THAT SHE CONTROLS IT ALL" It took him several more days to actually ask for directions to the place, and another two in order to finally make his way there. But he finally made his way to the front door of the 6th Division's front gate, thumbs twirling around and his sunhat pulled tightly down on his head.

"O-Oh dear... I just hope I didn't read anything wrong and then knock on the wrong Division and then they'd get mad at me and everything and I'M ALREADY THE WORST LIEUTENANT I JUST KNOW IT" The scared man trembled in front of the door for several minutes before eventually raising a hand to knock on the door. Pleasebetherightonepleaseplease...
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Any Spooky is Too Spooky   Any Spooky is Too Spooky I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 4:44 am

Mia needed a breath of fresh air, the confines of the Sixth Division driving her batty at times. There were no secret hidey holes, no special rooms that were way larger than they should be, no special secret hidden areas... It was oddly boring and she felt like the paperwork was easier that managing a half living, probably sentient in some way, impossibly labyrinthine building that extended far underground and out. There was just a lot of it, though analyzing information and pin pointing problem areas while looking for major patterns was her specialty!

So... she was adapting well enough and with Ueno's help things were going swimmingly! Just... It was so boring sometimes. No lunch breaks over weird pipe waterfalls that fell into an abyss or sitting out in her courtyard all alone so she could sing.

At least the office was a labyrinth now~ She'd made some major modifications to feel more like home after all! So leaving that impossibly packed, horribly unchanging office she'd gone for a walk. A cringing, shy walk that had her blushing and hiding her face in her scarf as she held it up over her mouth in a form of comfort. At least everyone was nice so far...

Hearing a knock as she neared the front gate of the division, Mia found herself confused by that. Who...just knocked? It was a large division, normally people just entered it and found what or who they needed?

Not sure what the appropriate response to this was, and almost positive it might be a hazing trick, she slinked closer to the closed gate before giving a quick look around.

No one was watching... good! Her newly modified uniform was good for something, even if it drew all the looks, and that was quick movements! Pushing off of the ground with her right foot, she hopped almost silently against the wall and then springboarded back to a nearby tree. She finished by landing on the sloped roof leading into the division with merely a soft swooshing sound while peeking over the peak.

Violet eyes saw the sunhat and blinked before a soft, nervous voice could be heard. "O-Obie? Is that... you? U-Uh you can come in..."
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Any Spooky is Too Spooky   Any Spooky is Too Spooky I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 4:09 pm

The door didn’t immediately explode when he knocked on it, a good not-spooky start! It didn’t suddenly turn into humans or shadows or bats or anything, this was already not the worst thing he’s done that involved the human world in any shape or form. A-At least so far, yeah… But, what am I supposed to do now?

There was a few seconds of silence that passed as he knocked. Tense, terrifying seconds that crawled into the fearful darkness that was the horrors he imagined in his mind. Countless, unthinkable possibilities of unending horror that-

"O-Obie? Is that... you? U-Uh you can come in..."

“Ahhh!” Obie cried out, crouching down immediately as the sudden voice called for him from up above. Voices don’t’ come from up! Spooky bats and shadow things come from up above! This was a terrible idea and noW I’M GOING TO BE DEAD AND- “Nooooooo…” the Lieutenant cried out pathetically from his curled-up ball of terror on the ground. It hadn’t been ten minutes near the Sixth Division of Spooky Humaness and he was already about to be destroyed. All those positive things he had thought of before? Dashed right before his eyes as he awaited his impending doo-

Wait was that Mia?

Obie slowly, carefully lifted his head up towards the source of the voice, the rest of his body too terrified to move lest anything else try and spook him. But as it turned out, it was indeed his friend Mia calling to him from on top of the Division! Whyyyyyyyyyy is she on top of the roof??? “H-Hi Miss Captain Mia Ma’am… Fourth Division L-Lieutenant Obie Hogosha requesting permission to- Oh okay I can go in thankyou.” The terrified man slowly crawled across the ground and slipped into the Division, his straw hat slightly askew after all his panicking. Ohgodi’malreadytheworstguesteveeeerrrrrr
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Any Spooky is Too Spooky   Any Spooky is Too Spooky I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 3:40 pm

She really should have expected that reaction. When the man cried out, she flinched slightly but kept her position as he fell to the ground. If she hopped down and attempted to soothe him it would only terrify him more, she felt, and thus the new Captain didn't move an inch while the man freaked out.

Mia blinked and watched Obie's panic attack, waiting and waiting for his recovery... Which came shortly thereafter.

Lifting her own head up a bit, she smiled and then let go of the roof to slide back. She fell with nary a sound before landing with a small whisper and bounce on the ground near the crawling man. "Is this...O-Official...? I-If not... I don't think... long... titles... are needed..."

Really, Miss Captain Mia Ma'am was way too long... They were friends, but they were on duty at least on her end so he might not be allowed to get away without some formality. She wasn't sure protocol or that, but there was a soft smile on her lips as she held out of her hand for him to take if he wanted help up.
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Any Spooky is Too Spooky   Any Spooky is Too Spooky I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 8:45 pm

“O-Official? I don’t think… maybe? I mean, sorry for all the titles but… J-Just wanted to be sure and everything causeyou’reacaptainnowokaysorry.” Wasn’t it proper to address the higher ups by every name ever? It was like… maximum respect or something, right? Or wait, didn’t Captain Lakshmi Ma’am tell me not to use all the names? Awwwww I’ve done gone and goofed already and I’ll probably explode an-Nonono Miss Captain Mia Ma’am wouldn’t do that to me, right? Obie carefully looked at her outstretched hand before slowly taking it and allowing her to help him to his feet.

S-She said we were… right? “I um, just wanted to visit and ask if maybe y-you could help me with a thing I wanted to learn about stuff and everything… It’s about the,” Obie’s head dropped slightly as his voice became a whisper Human World Those two simple words were spoken with such fear and uncertainty it was like he was afraid of saying it too loud, lest the actual location somehow hear him and poof him away to be afraid of things forever.

But he didn’t think too hard about that possibility, or else he’d start up an entirely new panic attack in front of his friend the Captain. It was best to try and strike at the heart of the matter while he was still able to string sentences together, really.  “I-I was told by a… guest that there are some parts of… there that have flowers and greens and nice calm things and could be quiet and relaxing. But I um, didn’t study them back in the Academy because it made me pass out and stuff and I didn’t do well and aww…” Obie’s thumbs began their slow circling once more as his tragic academic career was explained to Mia. Luckily his biology and chemistry classes more than made up for his failure to participate in the other classes.

“I-If you’re too busy to help I understand I just… thought that maybe I should ask you because you’re in charge of it and stuff Miss Captain Mia Ma’am- I m-mean Miss Mia… ma’am?” Oh no how many titles am I supposed to drop? Are they in the wrong order? IS THERE A SECRET TITLE I DON’T EVEN KNOW ABOUT?!?
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Any Spooky is Too Spooky   Any Spooky is Too Spooky I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 1:49 pm

"A-Ah... I don't know either, b-but its okay you don't have to apologize. I-If its allowed you can just... call me Mia. Mia is nice... I-I don't know protocol as well yet either but... I-I definitely think C-Captain and then a name is the...best way to go instead of just... everything." Way nicer than being reminded of her Captainship, but she had rules to follow and if he had to call her by some title she'd rather not cause trouble.

At least he'd allowed her to help him though she was glad for the now sanctioned hand glovey things she was allowed to wear. So nice, so amazingly nice... It helped to have things covered up as much as she could, with her new uniform being ruinous.

As Obie gave his request though, she thought for a moment at his extreme fear and hesitance before giving a nod. "It's very very large, there are all sorts of places that have plants and very little people. O-Or just gardens where people don't go often, or if they do they are quiet and just want to see the flowers too... Or parks with that stuff too..."

There were so many places! She should soothe him and tell him about them, because she knew first hand where to go... The Living World must have terrified him to such an extent, who had sent the poor dear to the Cities alone!?

"U-Um I can definitely help! I-I have a few books in my office-" More like a metric ton, "that might help and... even i-if I have reports and stuff to read... Y-You can stay in there with me. I-Its all hidden and quiet, so it should be fine..."

She didn't seem to mind his academic failing either, just letting it pass by because it wasn't important... He was doing his best so she'd help him and with a soft smile she meant to be reassuring, Mia adjusted the scarf on her neck a bit before turning and nodding towards the building. "I-If you'll follow me, Lieutenant Obie?"
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Any Spooky is Too Spooky   Any Spooky is Too Spooky I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 3:31 pm

Obie nodded slowly at Mia as he took the opportunity to calm down a little bit. “O-Okay, Captain Mia… That’s good, r-right?” Seeing as how he wasn’t immediately stricken down after he said it, the frightened lieutenant took that as a pretty clear indicator. Or his impending destruction was on a delay, either one. “I know that um, Miss Captain Lakshmi Ma’am didn’t want all the titles either, but I wasn’t sure t-that it was that way for other people as well, so… I guess I wanted t-to be sure.” And respectful, and helpful and SUPER SCARED OF CAPTAINS and polite

It seemed that Obie’s initial thought of Mia being a super good in-charge person of Human World was pretty spot-on as she immediately began listing possible nice, green, calming places off the top of her head. He let out a small sigh of relief that was followed by a nod in her direction as he began twiddling his thumbs again. “W-Well I wouldn’t really want to intrude on anyone else’s garden without asking, a-and parks generally have… have other humans there, so I don’t think I want to start there. But um, I heard there were forests and jungles and stuff? I don’t think many things would mess with me there…”

The further and more secluded as he could get from the rest of their spooky cities and people, the better. Also spooky Arrancars. At least ones like a certain spooktacular shadow lady… “Oh um, books would be nice! I-I mean as long as me being there doesn’t distract you or get you in trouble or get ME in trouble or anyone in trouble or any trouble ever. Trouble is troublesome...”

Wise words spoken by the terrified albino Shinigami.

Obie nodded once more and began following behind Mia, nervously looking to the sides as he walked to make sure he didn’t inconvenience anyone else with his presence alone. “I like the quiet too” he added softly, his arms pulled tight against himself. “You… wouldn’t happen to have any tea, would you? It’s… good for quiet reading times. Yeah.”
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Any Spooky is Too Spooky   Any Spooky is Too Spooky I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 5:55 pm

"I think that works... I-Its the most appropriate I think to call someone Captain and then their title. M-Maybe if they are a senior Captain call them Senior Captain... L-Like Lakshmi used to." Captain Mia... That would work fine, even if Mia hated being called Captain. Everyone called her that... Captain, Captain Mia, Captain Nezo... Captain Shirakawa at times too to tease! Mia just smiled at Obie though, not wanting to worry him more.

"Um... Well somewhere... not too far out. There's lots of dangerous animals sometimes, the wild is... well wild. I mean we can't get hurt too badly, not in gigai and definitely not out of it but..." But that would ruin the whole experience she felt, to not be able to feel or smell it all properly. Leading him towards an entrance, she slid open a door and headed down a hallway once she was sure he was following. The halls had a few people in it, but this time of day most were out on patrols or working in offices, only a few scurrying around with arms full of boxes or paperwork.

"Maybe someplace nice at night..." Mia mused softly, thinking on this problem... That would be his best bet, a large garden at night... Glancing back over her shoulder though, she gave Obie another small smile and shook her head. "I-Its no trouble. O-Or won't be, no trouble for anyone. No trouble to me... nothing wrong at all for rules either..."

"I-I have some... There's a water heating thing in my office with...water... and tea and stuff for guests. F-Feel free to use it all you wish. Oh! And snacks... I have cookies and treats too." She had so many treats, so many many treats. Considering how much she stress baked lately it was a wonder Sixth wasn't drowning in cookies and cakes and cupcakes and literally everything that could be considered sweet. She personally had things like beef jerky and dark chocolates for herself.

Ducking her head down nervously, she felt heat rising to her own cheeks as she brought up the other sweets she had... "I have... wagashi as well. Amanatto, Manju... Daifuku. I-I've been practicing those more if you wish to try those..."
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Any Spooky is Too Spooky   Any Spooky is Too Spooky I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 12:01 pm

Senior Captain? There’s a level of Captain above Captain?! Oh god have I been giving the wrong titles to everyone all this time and not realize it? What have I done?! What do I do?! How could I be so stup-Did Miss Captain Mia Ma’am just say dangerous animals? Obie’s eyes grew wider as that terrifying realization soon crept into his mind. “A-Animals? I didn’t… I didn’t think about that, oh no… W-Why would mean animals be in such nice-sounding quiet places if all they want to do is be mean?” Obie shook slightly as he followed behind Mia, his desire to visit the Human World slowly seeming more and more like a Bad Idea.

Only her talk of night briefly tore him away from another panic attack, the idea of less Sun in the sky beating down on his poor nervous self a welcome relief. “O-oh, night is… nice. At least that way the weather won’t um, affect me as much. Yeah.” On top of super pale skin, Obie also had sensitive eyes as well. It was just another reason why him having his giant sunhat during work was super important to the poor Lieutenant every day.

“I mean I can kinda… s-see better at night and everything to so I might um, be able to enjoy it more or something. Maybe? Hopefully…” Not to mention it was the reason he kept his room so dark all the time as well. He understood that it sometimes was… not quite as helpful for anyone else that wanted to visit him in his quarters, but he also didn’t really have guests that much either. The more pillows to himself! Especially since he moved to bigger quarters on becoming Lieutenant… He had to buy so many more pillows to cover up the extra space. It was a rough first few days.

The reassurance of no sun coupled with Mia’s reassurance that he wouldn’t be any trouble helped Obie calm down a little bit more, even enough to have him smile a little bit once she told him how many sweets she actually had. “Oh that sounds… nice. Cookies are…good. Yeah. A-And I kinda like M-Manju as well… if it’s not too much trouble.” At the very least I could… make some tea to make up for stuff. Ohhhh I should have brought my own tea kit why didn’t I.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Any Spooky is Too Spooky   Any Spooky is Too Spooky I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 1:55 pm

"Because that is their home and you are the invader. They aren't being mean, they are protecting themselves and potentially their families. You just can't talk to them and explain you are there to look at the pretty stuff, not bother them is all." Mia's tone took on that of a mother chiding a child softly, or that of a teacher correcting a student as her arm wrapped around her body partially. Her other hand settled against her cheek as she tilted her head, sighing softly at Obie's thoughts of terror. The whole world did not revolve around scaring him, he really had to learn that. It was quite a selfish way of thinking.

They were quickly nearing her office and she gave a nod as he seemed to calm down after a quick glance back gave her information. Really, her own nerves were settling trying to mother the poor dear. "Mhm, some flowers only bloom at night too. You could go on a full moon and see so much more and in different ways than you would at night. Masa and I do that sometimes, sit in his gardens."

She wasn't sure if she had brought Masaru up or not before, but really the gardens at night were so ethereal that she enjoyed it... Reaching the door to her office, she slid it open slowly due to the weight of the shelves on its back and revealed a darker room fill with shelves. They were in an open area with a small couch and reading nook of cushions, a desk with all her paperwork and shelves with books and more paperwork and reports lining the walls behind it. But if one turned to the right there was a veritable maze of shelves filling the rest of the large office. All were filled with books on the human world... And no other sounds inside, it was empty but for the two of them.

Turning towards the small counter, more like a fancy little table than anything. However it had all they needed. Tins of several types of green and white teas, even a few black were there along with a basket of carefully sorted and separated cookies. Sugar and honey could be found next to that, followed by carefully stacked porcelain flower cups and matching pot... Finally there was a water heater, next to it filled with fresh water.

Underneath the table was a small fridge as well where more snacks could be found as well as creamer if one desired. Mia just stepped inside and held the heavy door open for Obie, waving him towards the tea and snacks. "Here you go, please come inside. You can help yourself to whatever you wish, if you pick out a tea I can make it for you? I-It's hard to do proper ceremony here, but I can do the shorter version for you if you want Lieutenant Obie."
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Any Spooky is Too Spooky   Any Spooky is Too Spooky I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 9:52 am

“I… I hadn’t thought about it like that…” Obie said dejectedly, hanging his head. Oh no, have I been the mean one this entire time?! B-But I don’t want to be mean, b-but if I just show up there I’m just a mean spooky person who doesn’t belong, and… awwww. “I wish I could talk to them, though.” He said softly, disappointment in himself for being a mean spooky invader settling into his voice as he walked alongside Mia. That means I can’t even apologize to them either, this is just awful. Perhaps going to jungles is just as bad as going to Human places, oh nooooo

The idea of nightly garden visits did sound kinda inviting though, even to the panicky Lieutenant. “I don’t usually… go out at night that often, but I’m kinda interested in um, seeing flowers under the moon and stuff, yeah…” It was almost a shame that he wasn’t more active at night, actually; less sunlight to bother him, less people around to probably spook him, and a lot quieter to boot. Then again, there was also the inherent spookiness of things around him that he couldn’t see because of the night, and it was one of the main things keeping him from venturing out of his quarters once the night arrived.

Granted he could just have a candle on him at all times, but that’d just be a lot more extra work for the poor man.

When they finally reached Mia’s office, Obie let himself relax a little bit once he saw how secluded and peaceful everything seemed to be. Other than the fact that there seemed to be a loooooot of paperwork (which was something he realized he’d probably have to deal with now being the Lieutenant and such), the room looked comfortable, quiet, and above all: safe. He allowed himself a small sigh of relief as he timidly stepped inside the room, his eye immediately catching the rows and rows and rows and rows of shelves of books that littered the place.

“You have… a lot of books C-Captain Mia. Are they all about the Human World a-and stuff?” And if so, just how many of them were spooky? Probably a lot! Her offer for tea received a grateful nod from the frightened man, but his eyes grew slightly wide once she mentioned the ceremony. “N-Nonono! You don’t have to worry about the c-ceremony or anything, I’ll just… drink some green tea normally, thank you. I didn’t even bring my hat or anything…”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Spooky is Too Spooky   Any Spooky is Too Spooky I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Spooky is Too Spooky
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜) :: Soul Society :: Seireitei :: Division Six-
Jump to: