(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)

We are an OC Bleach RP looking for people who enjoy easy-going role playing, but we do enjoy a bit of excitement here and there.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Tuxedo Ruk & Kitty's Otome Adventures
Downtime Frowntime - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2023 8:27 pm by Rukuya

» Science Rules
Downtime Frowntime - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 5:34 pm by Potatoes O'Brien

» Box of Nerds
Downtime Frowntime - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 11:12 am by Yes

» Lost and Found... Hopefully? [Open]
Downtime Frowntime - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 9:24 pm by Rukuya

» Much Ado About Eating
Downtime Frowntime - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 11:27 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Saintly Territory
Downtime Frowntime - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 10:22 pm by The ArchKitty

» tl;dr—The Philosophy of Knowledge and Sand Castles
Downtime Frowntime - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 11:13 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Colors of the Heart
Downtime Frowntime - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 1:52 am by The ArchKitty

» Double Face [Shinya]
Downtime Frowntime - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 4:56 pm by Rukuya

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Downtime Frowntime

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Yes

Downtime Frowntime - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Downtime Frowntime   Downtime Frowntime - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 1:58 am

"Yeah, robot armor. Exo-skeletal stuff. Humans are downright fascinated with the stuff, and I really can't blame them. Like things for medical rehab, and just for making people perform better. Just in terms of mission statement, we have the whole 'be the best shinigami that you can be!' and this is one way to help out with that!"

Of course, there was a big thing about performance versus efficiency trade-off and they were a while off from what was feasible on a manufacturing and performance scale. But all of that was nitty-gritty that would probably put Yukari to sleep, what with all that sake in her system.

"The humans are doing really cool stuff with computers. The last time I had a free day to visit,"—and oh, what a long time ago that was!—"I went to some symposium about some cutting-edge human stuff. They're doing a lot of awesome things with computers, but you know, they don't have the head-start we do, or live nearly as long."

He chuckled slightly.

"I dunno. I feel like a lot of young inventors I've talk to from 12 have gone through a phase where they wanted to work on robots in some fashion."
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Downtime Frowntime   Downtime Frowntime - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 11:22 am

“Huh.” It was definitely the first time Yukari had heard about these sorts of things, especially about the human world being just as fascinated with them as well. And here she thought the only things their robots were good for were blowing things up with such admirable efficiency… But nonetheless, she could still sense the passion that Hisao had for his hobby through his words, even if she wasn’t as much of a fan of it to begin with.

But medical exo-skeleton stuff? Sounds like more of that ‘cross-division’ research stuff he was talking about earlier. Not sure anyone in the Fourth has the same kinda interests in that kinda stuff, but I bet he’ll find somebody who’d be for it. ‘For the good of Seireitei’ and everything, right?

“Ah… See, I really don’t spend too much time around actual humans, so I guess that kinda explains me not knowing all that. If I gotta be perfectly honest, I really head there just for their movies and fireworks. Lots of cultures have lots of festivals, and that means lots of firework displays as well.” She said with a grin. Especially those Americans… Now they know how to have a good firework party… She sighed softly and poured the rest of her second sake bottle into her cup as she nodded at Hisao.

“But hey! You got yourself a hobby you like doing, so good for you. Even if I don’t really get it, your passion is pretty plain to see.” She gave her fellow Lieutenant a small thumbs up with her right hand as she drained the cup with her left hand. When finished, the cup and bottle were pushed to the side as she once again propped her head up on the bar with her hands. “I’m sure you’re gonna do just fine with your robot stuff, Hisao.”
Back to top Go down
Yes

PostSubject: Re: Downtime Frowntime   Downtime Frowntime - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 9:10 pm

"Well, I mean, that's fair. I guess they do like their fireworks a lot!" Isao nodded. It was one of those informed qualities of human culture, since he hadn't actually been to them. Honestly, he was usually content just sticking around their tech conventions and big research meetings.

"But uh, thanks. It's always good to hear encouragement! One thing I bet humans have a lot of trouble with is their whole lifespan thing. It really sucks that their research can outlive them by orders of decades and centuries."
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Downtime Frowntime   Downtime Frowntime - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 6:45 pm

"They sure like celebrating things, that's for sure. I can't fault them for something like that, I just wish they weren't so... well I guess boring when they weren't having them and everything." She added with a soft sigh. "I mean, the only thing I have to look forward with them is the occasional loud explosive movie or something, and those can be pretty hit and miss at times." There were plenty of days when Yukari had to leave a showing mid-movie simply because they didn't live up to her lofty standards.

And also one time when she tried to bring her own explosions to the movie. Humans did not appreciate that one bit, that's for sure. Michael Bay would have understood though, if only he would have been there...

"Heeeey, don't mention it. It's a scientist's job to encourage more science, don't you know? Also occasionally put other scientists down when their stuff doesn't work, but it's all part of the process." She added with a slight chuckle. "But yeah, not living for hundreds of years can really put a damper on your work. Nothing like having to wait a few generations just to make one breakthrough in a field, I tell you..."

Yukari leaned back in her seat and stretched her arms for a bit, stifling a yawn behind one hand as she finished. "But who knows? Some people say that them having shorter life spans helps drive them to make stuff faster. I can kinda see it both ways, really."
Back to top Go down
Yes

PostSubject: Re: Downtime Frowntime   Downtime Frowntime - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 2:09 pm

"Oh, yeah, I mean, I guess so. I wouldn't call our scientists slow, though." If anything, a lot of the ones he knew made use of the fact that there were practically immortal to just plug at it day after day after day after day. Hisao had heard of humans dying from just sheer exhaustion. He silently thanked himself for being made of sterner stuff.

"Hm... But yeah, I mean, they do work with the time they have pretty well. I guess that I can see it." And it was probably the case that humans were built to think within their time-span too. They only had so much time even without going out and doing things that might compromise their well-being.

"Yeah, I don't know if there's anything profound in there." He laughed lightly. "For now, I guess I'll just need to focus on getting some of that research started. I'll leave those questions for the philosopher bunch."
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Downtime Frowntime   Downtime Frowntime - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 6:59 am

"Well I mean... maybe not all of our scientists, sure. No disrespect to anyone of course, but y'know some scientists are more qualified than others. Some just need a little... headstart." It wasn't an opinion entirely based around explosions this time either! Even though Yukari did put forth all her effort to that particular field of study, she still gave her all for the good of science. Just the explosion-based one more. All thanks to the magical invention of coffee.

She nodded lazily along with Hisao's line of thought as she traced a slow circle on the bar counter with her finger. "I mean, I'll give the humans some credit after all, they've made a lot of stuff that even we use now. Like that one Chinese guy about a thousand years ago or so that found the use for gunpowder. Good for him!"

She seemed to offer the entire human race a small thumbs up before stifling another big yawn behind the same hand. Welp, looks like I might have reach my limit for tonight... Oh well, at least little Hisao here's been able to make it not dull and stuff. She chuckled softly and began lifting herself off her chair. "You got that right, if there's one thing we scientists aren't really cut out for, it's the philosopher business. I think it's fair to just say that we scientists are just pretty smart ourselves, eh?"

She offered him a small smile as she reached into a small bag on her waist and pulled out a few bits of money and laid them on the table. "Thanks for the booze, chef! And for not kicking me out yet either, I suppose." She said as she waved at the stoically silent restaurant owner still cleaning his dishes. "And Hisao? Good talk. Hope you enjoy your pricey fish and everything, but I think I'm gonna cut our little meeting short. Got to get my sleep so I can fast-forward to tomorrow, right?" She gave the fellow Lieutenant a small nod and walked out to begin making her way home.
Back to top Go down
Yes

PostSubject: Re: Downtime Frowntime   Downtime Frowntime - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 4:43 pm

"Yeah. The philosopher bunch can do their thing. Well, uh, didn't mean to keep you. Hope you sleep well, Bom- er..." Hisao's farewell petered out as he realized that he had forgotten something that might have been important. He asked with all the subtlety of a brick: "Hey! What was your name again?"
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Downtime Frowntime   Downtime Frowntime - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 2:09 pm

'Nah, don't worry about Gadget-Boy." Yukari called out as she walked, waving behind her as she made her way back towards the 12th. "Honestly, you kept the night from being totally boring, so you've got nothing to apologize for!" Otherwise she would have just been drinking alone in the sushi bar for the night, alone. How boring would that have been?

Wait, hold on. Did he... forget my name? Hahahah... Yukari stopped in her tracks and turned around to face Hisao, a big grin on her face. "It's Mutou. Yukari Mutou. Pretty slick of you to at least catch my name before meeting me again. I'll give you that, Hisao." She flashed him a pair of finger guns before turning back around and starting back on her path.

"You ever want to bring your stuff around, just come on by the Twelfth!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Downtime Frowntime   Downtime Frowntime - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Downtime Frowntime
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜) :: Soul Society :: Seireitei-
Jump to: