(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)

We are an OC Bleach RP looking for people who enjoy easy-going role playing, but we do enjoy a bit of excitement here and there.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Tuxedo Ruk & Kitty's Otome Adventures
Better Late than... Later? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2023 8:27 pm by Rukuya

» Science Rules
Better Late than... Later? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 5:34 pm by Potatoes O'Brien

» Box of Nerds
Better Late than... Later? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 11:12 am by Yes

» Lost and Found... Hopefully? [Open]
Better Late than... Later? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 9:24 pm by Rukuya

» Much Ado About Eating
Better Late than... Later? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 11:27 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Saintly Territory
Better Late than... Later? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 10:22 pm by The ArchKitty

» tl;dr—The Philosophy of Knowledge and Sand Castles
Better Late than... Later? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 11:13 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Colors of the Heart
Better Late than... Later? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 1:52 am by The ArchKitty

» Double Face [Shinya]
Better Late than... Later? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 4:56 pm by Rukuya

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Better Late than... Later?

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

Better Late than... Later? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better Late than... Later?   Better Late than... Later? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 12:25 pm

Lacking the ability to read minds, Aoi was confused and it showed in her expression of just befuddlement. Was he apologizing to the floor for hitting it? Flailing like that probably wasn't helping the floor's potential feelings she bet... Aoi's arms were held out a bit as if to help him roll over, but he didn't seem to need or want her help for the moment. Instead she tried to soothe him with words, joining him as he stood up. "Its okay Obie, I'm sure the floor knows you are sorry... And welcome too. It's good you are okay... Hm?"

Curious eyes watched as touched his nose and winced, wondering if he'd heal it since it was obviously hurt. Her hands twitched a bit, she wanted to do so but he seemed to have it well in hand with something from his robes. Recognizing it, she gave him a grin and nodded. "Good thinking! Wow you didn't miss a spot at all, that's amazing skill. I'd need a mirror myself."

"So I guess you are the one that makes it? Good work if so! We go through a looot of it." People in her division tended to fight a lot to keep themselves honed. There wasn't much call for them at times so they had to do something and most were fight and stir crazy. Her eyes followed his hand as she gave a nod, intending to follow him wherever he led. "I'm cooooming! ...I guess you do a lot of work then with the salves these since you seem to know this place by heart. I definitely wouldn't remember any of this."

Her eyes took in all the shelves of the dim storeroom, looking around in a bit of awe as she followed the bunny into his den.
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Better Late than... Later?   Better Late than... Later? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 2:33 pm

The… ground? What does she me-Oooooh. Okay, maybe she can’t read minds, but that doesn’t mean any of the other Captains can’t! Oh geez I hope Captain Lakshmi can’t… Oh god. Oh Geez. Obie nervously led Captain Aoi through the 4th Division storeroom, taking time to point out where bags or other objects were lying on the ground so she wouldn’t trip (and accidentally(?) stab him) several times throughout the journey. His eyes were crap during the day, but at least he made up for it here in his bunny de-home turf. When the conversation turned to that of balms, Obie twiddled his thumbs absentmindedly.

“I mean, yeah… I make them. It’s kinda my job and stuff, n-not that I don’t like it or anything! I just mainly tend to the 4th Division garden and grow all the herbs and stuff we need. And grow vegetables for our meals at times too. A-And some flowers with the leftover soil we have. But I’ve uh, noticed that your division does order a lot of them too. You’re all probably really busy fighting and training, right? Definitely need healing balms for that, aha. Haha.” And keep me veeeeeeeeeery far awaaaaaaaaaaay from that part of the city. An entire division full of people who fight all the time? Nopenopenopenope! No thank you nuh uh no way. I’ll just heal them up and send them on their way and hope they don’t try to fight me oh god. The twiddling of Obie’s thumbs sped up the more he thought about it, his eyes frantically searching shelf to shelf for the right one as he and Aoi walked.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Better Late than... Later?   Better Late than... Later? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 3:32 pm

Aoi hopped over the pointed out objects, arms behind her back as she followed the bunny deeper into the bunny den of bunny stores. Bun bun. She shook lightly as those thoughts made her want to squee... Hold it in Aoi! If you squee he'll hop and probably run into something and break it and himself and then die of bloodloss before you can save him.

It was a hard thing to do, but she did it. She kept her squees in and avoided the messes with light steps and barely attention paid to them. Instead she focused on his words, nodding with a bit of an awed expression. "So you like it and are good at it. Your balms work really-do you grow carrots?"

Garden...garden...carrots. He must grow carrots, they were a vegetable. She had to know! But also reply to his questions about her division! Aaah Aoi didn't know what to focus on and panicked for a moment. Carrots or...or her Division... Division won out if only because the man whose balm they used a lot deserved to know.

"O-Oh yeah we are. It's calmed down though since I started taking them down in groups for challenges. I don't get many contenders myself or bruises, but they end up really hurt for some reason. For being taller and more muscular...they sure don't pack any sort of punch really..." It was so hard finding anyone who was fun enough to spar with, though she tended to go for not fair fights so... The most listless sigh escaped her lips. Wasn't anything she could do about it.
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Better Late than... Later?   Better Late than... Later? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 4:25 pm

Obie looked back at Aoi, tilting his head inquisitively. “Hmm? Yeah, I grow carrots. I mean, I have a whole row of th-WAIT A MINUTE!” His eyes grew wide in realization as he spun around to face the Captain. “J-Just because I grow carrots doesn’t mean that I’m a bunny rabbit, Captain Aoi! I grow other kinds of vegetables too!” He pouted. “Like radishes, lettuce a-and potatoes and other stuff! Look!” He flailed his arms over his snow white hair. “I don’t have floppy ears, o-or a bushy tail or buck teeth or anything! I just… I just like to garden, oh…” Giving a defeated sigh, Obie lowered his arms and began trudging off further down the hallway.

Oh what’s the point? Everyone’s just gonna call be a rabbit anyway… Why can’t they just stick with calling me a coward like they usually do? At least that can’t bother me. Obie sighed again, and with one more turn around a stack of shelves the two found themselves in front of several candle-lit shelves with a large, leather-bound book sitting in the center. “Here we are, Captain… I’ll just, I’ll just get to counting inventory…” Sitting the backpack on the ground carefully, Obie began taking stacks of cylinders similar to the one he had inside his own robes out and stacking them on the shelves around them. “It should only take me a few minutes, aww…”
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Better Late than... Later?   Better Late than... Later? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 5:50 pm

Aoi startled up at the response, her eyes also widening as the man spoke rather firmly compared to before. He really didn't like being called a bunny and his defeated sigh made her cheek puff up in a pout as she crossed her arms. "Mmm!"

"Well no you don't have any of that! Rin sorta has bun ears, but they are hard to see now that his hair is bleached. Buuuut you are adorable, you like gardening. Your hair looks poofy soft, you are nervous and terrified of everything... you were running around late like the rabbit in the one story about a little girl..." Aoi just kept ticking off rabbit traits, her fingers filling up as she poked them. "Rabbits like other veggies like those too. Carrots are just stereotypical nonsense."

"Bunnies are amazing, amazing creatures who are the best! Being a bunny isn't bad!" The Captain was very very enthusiastic over bunnies and it showed as she stomped after the bun. He reached his own destination finally and she leaned against a shelf, arms still crossed and eyes closed as she turned her nose up in a stronger pout. She wasn't under a candle so she didn't mind, he could put away and fill out information all he wanted...

"Take all the time you need. Hmph."
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Better Late than... Later?   Better Late than... Later? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 7:54 pm

Obie let out yet another sigh as the numbers were filled out and "i"s dotted and so on and such-forth. How did today get so complicated? It was just a normal, running late day and then I just HAD to bump into Stab Captain and now she thinks I'm a bunny and now she's grumpy and just... whyyyyyyy He stared down at the inventory notebook for several seconds before glancing back at the pouting Aoi.

And what was that whole 'Bunnies are amazing' thing? Captain Aoi really... seems to like rabbits. AND WHY DID SHE CALL ME ADORABLE More numbers. More writing. After a few minutes of terse silence, Obie turned around and faced Aoi, twiddling his thumbs. "Captain I'm... sorry if I offended you, or something. It's just that you get called something for so long that you start to reaaaaaaaaaally not like it after a while, you know? And well, that's me with 'bunny'. Kinda heard it, well alot. And I'm not a bunny so I don't like being called a bunny but I didn't mean to make you mad if you're part bunny or something idon'tknow." Obie said the last part of that sentence hurriedly. Maybe she really was part rabbit how would he know?

"But I guess..." He sighed deeply "I guess if you wanted to call me a bunny if you wanted then go ahead andpleasedon'tkillme." His last sentence was almost whispered as he looked down at his feet, thumb twiddling revving up even faster. But I reaaaaaaaaally hope that she doesn't!
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Better Late than... Later?   Better Late than... Later? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 8:25 pm

Aoi stood there, pouting up a storm that she was sure could be felt to the depths of her squad. They would know her pout was coming and they had learned to fear it. The bun had no worries, but they...they did.

She refused to look at the bun, the grumpy bun who disregarded her carefully thought out and spoken bonuses to being a bun. Even his explanation made her shake her head. "I get called cute constantly! But I ignore it and move on with my life. Its not even remotely true so there is that. And you are a Bunny and thats perfect since bunnies are perfect!"

It took a moment for his final words to sink in though... before the pout disappeared in a flash of pure happy!

"Thaaaaaaanks!" Aoi dove for Bunny Man, wrapping her arms around his neck as she jumped up regardless of anything he was holding. She was laughing and sparkling just a bit, her smile the widest she had shown. "I would never kill a bunny they are my favorite animals they are the best in the whole world and people who are bunnies are the greatest I love a man just like a bunny too so you are a good person!"

She had not taken one breath during her run-on ramble sentence.
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Better Late than... Later?   Better Late than... Later? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 9:22 pm

"AAAAAAAA" Obie wasn't prepared for the sudden jumping Captain. Who would be? NOT OBIE! He went down like a sack of potatoes. Being hugged by a Captain. Hey it's a weird metaphor but it works. OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD "OHGODOHGODOHGOD" He fell down flailing as several papers flew up into the air, none of them luckily landing on the several candles strewn around the place.

WHAT HAVE I DONE SHE'S GOING TO SMOTHER ME NOW OH GOOOOOOOOD I DON'T WANT TO DIE BEING CALLED A BUNNY! "Captain I'm real glad that you're not mad at my anymore but oh god I wasn't prepared for this and I'd really like it if you didn't kill me by not trying to kill me today oh god oh geez please let me get up!" Obie half screamed, half pleaded, his eyes wide.

I need to get back! I need to get back to my room, blow out all the candles and then make some tea and then have quiet time. Maybe not exactly in that order but it needs to happen!
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Better Late than... Later?   Better Late than... Later? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 1:56 pm

Poor Obie had the worst balance and panicked as he fell over, she wasn't that heavy sheesh! Papers flew and Aoi cared not as he screamed a bit, enjoying the happy bunny who let her call him a bunny now. Who wouldn't enjoy that?

"No no Obie-Bun! Its okay, I'm not scary to yooou!" Aoi snuggled up just a bit before realizing his screams of terror would only cease once she was off of him. She sat up a bit, her arms moving to the floor instead of holding him as she tilted her head to the side just slightly. A bit of confusion shone in her eyes as she blinked very slowly. "Shhh, its okay. Its just a hug it won't kill you. Hugs are nice and happy things, they don't kill."

Still the bun wanted up and so Aoi slipped off of him to the side, moving to sit on her legs as she watched him with her head still tilted in that ever present confusion. Why did he scream so much? She didn't understand this one bit.
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Better Late than... Later?   Better Late than... Later? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 5:07 pm

Obie rolled over and sat up on his knees, catching his breath. "But hugs... can be scary! Like bear hugs! Hugs from a bear? How terrifying would that be?!" What if... Captain Aoi is a bear?! But like... a bear cub! That's why she's so small, a-and her hugs are so powerful! Oh god oh geez OH GOD Obie quickly fumbled with his glasses (why didn't I put these on earlier I mean c'mon) And scooted over towards the fallen papers. Luckily they had scattered close to him, so he was able to quickly pick them up and sort them in a mostly neat manner.

"A-A-Anyway! Supplies! You um, *ahem* said that you needed some more supplies for your Division, r-right? How uh... How much do you need?" Looking down at the book he had been checking before the hugpocalypse, he had noted that once again this storeroom had an abundance of supplies. Why? Obie didn't know. Obie only made the salves. But in running the numbers Obie saw that he could spare a pretty good amount of a bruise balm. Not quite as many bandages where freed up, but he could spare a few for Bear Cub Stab Captain.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Better Late than... Later?   Better Late than... Later? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 5:27 pm

"I have hugged bears before! They didn't really like it but they were reaaally fluffy looking. They aren't that soft actually, the fur is pokey." Aoi nodded with utter solemnity and also a bit of disappointment. Bears really made for bad hugs, she noted to herself as the bunny finally got his glasses on and went to work. She would have moved to help him pick up the papers but any sudden movements on her part might kill him.

Instead she stretched lightly and slowly moved to stand, her skirt needed adjusting too so she fixed as she reached her full height of five feet. That kept her busy while he finished, before her eyes glanced down as he spoke. A finger was brought to her lips as she thought for a moment before replying.

"Well I can also put in a request order officially while I'm here to be filled within the next few days, so just a bit now to tide them all over until then." She specifically noted them and not herself, very specifically noted that. Aoi didn't need bruise balm and bandages often anymore! Hollow regen was niiiice. Her eyes attempted to take in the storeroom information numbers as she peered down but her mind skittered it into jumbled incoherency. She was never really good with all that stuff, so she smiled sweetly at the bunny who could.
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Better Late than... Later?   Better Late than... Later? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 11:00 pm

OF COURSE SHE'S HUGGED BEARS. WHY WOULD STAB CAPTAIN NOT HAVE HUGGED BEARS. WHERE DOES SHE FIND BEARS TO HUG. "I-I see... Um, okay. That's... well. Medicine?" Yes, medicine, the one thing Obie knew. Definitely not bears. WHY BEARS "If you going to fill out an official request, I could a-also take a look at it as well. I mean, I kinda handle the requests anyway, a-after Captain Lakshmi approves of them, that is." More reading numbers, more scribbling down notes. This place was in serious need of stricter bookkeeping. But Obie would never suggest that because the person in charge might get mad and oh god please don't.

Oh god I have so many forms to fill out after all this. Oh geez will I even have time after I take this inventory oh geez will the Captain be mad at me for not filling them out oh god... "Umm, does your division really use that much though? I mean... I understand that your division is all about f-fighting and such, but um... Do you not have your own designated healer or something?"
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Better Late than... Later?   Better Late than... Later? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 7:44 pm

"Medicine." A sharp nod, yes medicine. Aoi needed medicine for her weak and flimsy and easily broken Division members. Obie would take a look at her form? Awesome! She gave him another grin and nodded. "Well then I'll fill it out right away and hand it to you. Do you have one on ya?"

If he did that would save so much time! He had lots of papers here so it would be useful, especially with all his scribbles like that that meant he had pens too! Everything here and one quick stop...

The question caused a bit of a thoughtful look to appear on her features before she shrugged it off. "Mm, most of em won't go in for healing unless they have bad injuries. Its a sign of weakness to em and also they get used to the pain. It'll help em later on, being less susceptible to distracting pain. Still no reason to NOT properly care for the wounds at least."
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Better Late than... Later?   Better Late than... Later? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 11:15 pm

"Umm... Hold on. There should be, I think it's somewhere around here..." Obie began searching through stacks and stacks of papers furiously, his glasses glinting in the candlelight. "Requisition form, requisition form, there's got to be at least one of the- oh, here we go." He peeked his head up from behind a large stack of medical textbooks and looked over at Aoi. "Umm, here you are Captain. Just... fill out the stuff you need and I can bring it to Captain Lakshmi after, well after all of this." He bowed and saluted once again after taking the form to her just to be sure and went back to his books.

Don't go in unless serious injuries? Getting used to pain? But... Pain was nature's way of saying NO DON'T DO THAT THING IT'S BAD FOR YOU DUMMY. Aoi's division sounded insane in the membrane to poor Obie. But hey, they did keep him working on his salve making. So the scary people could stay faaaaaaar away from him and Obie would patch up their booboos when they came over.

"O-Oh, I see... Okay then." He decided to stare really hard at the pen he was writing with to avoid thinking about what in the world their training session must be like to watch. ...PENS, PENS YOU FOOL! "AAAAAAAA I'M SORRY CAPTAIN AOI!" Obie immediately ran over to the smaller Captain and held out several pens to her. "Please take one I'm so sorry I didn't bring one earlier oh god oh geez."
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Better Late than... Later?   Better Late than... Later? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 7:44 pm

"Kay!" Aoi waited patiently, watching with curious eyes as the light gleamed from his glasses. Was it magic of some sort? Well no, it was candlelight but it seemed more magical so Aoi would think it was magical for now.

It only took him a bit longer and she gave him a grin as he looked around the books. Hopefully her smiles would soothe him more... Taking the sheet, she began looking it over to see what she'd need to fill out while waiting for a pen. "Thanks, you're super helpful. You can stop saluting and stuff now, I mean its probably bad to be disrespectful to a Captain in public but really we are friends now!"

Glancing up as Obie panicked once more, she was becoming far to accustomed to it now, she just tilted her head before taking a pen and smiling. "Thanks again, really its okay! I woulda asked in a minute for one, no need to panic so much."

She just had to shake her head and smile at the bun bun, patting his shoulder with the hand holding the pen before moving to fill out the form. Aoi was used to paperwork, despite her other skills...
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Better Late than... Later?   Better Late than... Later? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 9:21 pm

Stop saluting? Is that... allowed? Was this all some sort of test for the newly minted 3rd seat? This and many more questions raced through Obie's terrified mind as he delivered the pens to Aoi. We're friends now? Does it just happen like that? He eyed Aoi carefully as she took the pen, eyes moving rapidly from the pen to Aoi to back to the pen. I... guess maybe she doesn't want to kill me? Maybe Stab Captain isn't always stabb- And then that's when she patted her shoulder with the pen hand. OOOOOOOOOOH GOOOOOOOOOD SHE'S GONNA STAB ME WITH THE PEN I GAVE HER FOR EXTRA DEATH IRONY WHYYYYYYY

Where normal jumping back, cowering in fear and screaming would have taken place, Obie instead held his ground as Aoi patted him. The tiniest spark of reason went of in his mind as he resisted the urge to immediately hide himself in the nearest... well anything. Wait... Maybe she doesn't want to kill me... I mean everyone did see her walk in with me, so if I didn't come back they'd get suspicious, right? S-So I should be safe! ...Right? Oh geez why do I have to rationalize things like this awwwwww

"R-R-Right... No need to p-panic, ahahaa..." His eyes still wide in a sort of terror, Obie slowly backed away from Aoi's shoulder pats. "You um just, f-fill those out and I'll... be over here!" With a quick step, he brought himself behind a safe barricade of past inventory reports and other boring things like it. "Have fun, Captain!" Have fun? HAVE FUN?! Aaaaaaaaa what was that why did I say that I sound like such and idioooooooot
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Better Late than... Later?   Better Late than... Later? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 4:11 pm

Unaware of the thoughts that would force Obie to sit though many soothing (not for him) patpats and hugs of reassurance, Aoi continued her attempt to fill out the needed paperwork. So many questions, so many exact answers needed. Was the line big enough to put 'a ton' on it? Well maybe if she wrote smaller characters...

"Yep. No panic...definitely will be fun..." Aoi's voice was distracted as she worked her way through the paperwork, giving a tiny nod and entirely unaware of the Bun's unease even still.

What did they need it for? Bruises... Lots of bruises and pain. Maybe she should request a few more weak painkillers as well? Naaah they'd be fiiine.

Humming a happy little tune, she finished filling out the sheets only to find her bun friend hiding. Her tun halted as she hmmed and peered around the barricade. "I'm all done, Obie-bun! Anything else I'll need to do?
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Better Late than... Later?   Better Late than... Later? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 9:15 am

Numbers, numbers, numbers. Getting lost in numbers~ Numbers are safe, numbers are quiet.Obie’s eyes rapidly scanned the pages of records as corrections and confirmations flowed from the pen in his hand. Now safely hidden (at least to him) behind a barricade of dusty old books, Obie had calmed down considerably as he resumed the more relaxing, if not a little boring, part of his Third Seat duties. Numbers can never hurt me, numbers are my frie-OH COME ON, THAT’S NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING RIGHT! He frowned as he noticed a glaring error in the past week’s inventory report, furious scribbles accompanying his attempt to set right what had been wronged.

Oh, why couldn’t they have been more careful with this? One misplaced zero makes all the difference, people! …N-Not that it’s a problem, though! A shot of panic ran up his spine as he suddenly looked up from his books , eyes scanning the storeroom. Just because Captain Aoi couldn’t read minds didn’t mean there wasn’t anyone in here that could! R-Right! It’s no problem at all, really! I love correcting books mmhmm! Obie hunched over the reports as he started his work again, eyes now cautiously looking up and watching the room from time to time. Must. Take. Effort to notmakethepsychicsmad

Lost in his newest paranoid fantasy, Obie jumped at Aoi’s declaration of finished work and accidentally threw his pen across the darkened storeroom in panic. “I’M SORRY I DIDN’T MEAN TO MAKE YOU ANGRY PSYCHIC PEOPLE PLEASE DON’T EAT MY BRAIN!” He grabbed the inventory book he had been writing in and used it to cover his head, cowering for several seconds before peeking up at Aoi. “O-Oh… Umm, thank you, Captain. I’ll just… take your form a-and give it to Captain Lakshmi after all this.” Obie-bun? Awwwwwww why did I agree for her to call me a bunny… Oh right, Stab Captain. A-And maybe something about being a friend? Oh dear does that mean I have to let all my friends call me a bunny? Whyyyyy
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Better Late than... Later?   Better Late than... Later? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 1:54 pm

"You sure are twitchy. Much like a bunny... a bunny in the wild at least, pet bunnies are really calm once they trust you! Also I'm pretty sure there's no psychics around at all. I don't think the soul society has many of those... They definitely wouldn't be reading your mind either. You're a third seat, they wouldn't care." Aoi was attempting to be more and more helpful as Obie cowered under the inventory book, giving him a happy smile when he peeked out.

"Welcome Obie-bun. Thank yooou for your help, once you get me the items I need I can leave you to your work too." She offered the paper again, shaking it lightly in his cowering direction with another reassuring smile. The red head hoped it was reassuring, he seemed so flighty... Maybe her smiles were scaring him?

She adopted a pensive look, unsure of what to do in regards to the bunny. How did one reassure him of things when one could not patpat and cuddle?
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Better Late than... Later?   Better Late than... Later? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 4:22 pm

Oh thank god there’s not any psychics in Soul Society… I don’t know what I’d do if there was the chance that someone could read my min-Wait. What was that about not caring about reading my mind? Well why not?! “H-Hey! We don’t know that they wouldn’t want to read my mind! What if… What if they wanted really good gardening tips! Or the best way to stack pillows to be the most comfortable!” Obie pouted. He wasn’t exactly quite sure why he was pouting. But it was apparently enough for him to take the book off of his head and stand back up. “Or um, maybe what if they could only talk by reading minds, w-what then!?”

Oh my god what am I saying. I sound like an absolute CRAZY PERSON. Why would I even want them to read my mind in the first place oh god oh god, deflect, deflect! Um… What else did she say? Papers! Yes, that’s it! “I-I mean… Yes! Your order!” Obie carefully took the paper out of Aoi’s hands and readjusted his glasses as he peered down at her list. “Yeah, this uh… This shouldn’t take too long to fill. They’re right about,” Obie looked up from his paper for a few moments and began walking towards a set of shelves “Somewhere over here, Captain Aoi. If you um, wouldn’t mind coming with me I’d be glad to get you your stuff.” He looked back at her with fidgety hands clasping onto her paper.

Wild bunnies, pet bunnies, why does it matter? I am so very much not a bunny that it’s not funny! Oh god now I rhyme. I think her bunny affirmations are starting to get to me… Wait are rabbits known for their rhyming abilities?
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Better Late than... Later?   Better Late than... Later? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 10:52 pm

"Well then they could ask and not risk getting all weird thoughts. What if you accidentally remembered something gross midway through? I don't think any mind reader would want to catch stray thoughts for something they could just ask." Obie was pouting? This was new and Aoi enjoyed it a lot so she smiled and decided to humor him! Besides she had theories too! "Well I hope not, cause they'd see a lot of naked Rin. Besides voices in heads aren't that bad I mean filtering all the weird stuff out would be hard right, you get used to em after a bit and sometimes they are helpful."

I always love to be helpful. Totally what I'm here for.

"When they aren't being sarcastic that is." She nodded with the force of one long used to voices and thoughts that weren't hers. She wasn't crazy, there really was something else living in her head but it didn't matter.

As Obie took the papers, Aoi yawned and then lifted her hands above her head in a stretch as he glanced it over and gave her an affirmative response. The Captain began following the twitchy third seat with a lopsided grin. "Okie doke, I'll follow you. You can calm down Obie-bun, I prooomise. I haven't killed anyone in a really long time, if that's what you are worried about!...Okay that one doesn't count since he was totally evil. But other than that I've been kill free for decades! Well unsanctioned kills."

He had nothing to worry about! No worries ever!
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Better Late than... Later?   Better Late than... Later? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 4:19 pm

Voices in your head? What was… What was Captain Aoi talking about? Does she mean like her zanpakuto talking to her? Or was it something more sinister? Did Captain Aoi have spooky head voices?! Does that mean psychics really do exist? Would they be after me ne-What about naked people? Distracted by his impending panic attack, Obie bumped facefirst into the stack of shelves that housed the supplies Captain Aoi was asking for.

“AAAAAAAAAAA-Oh here we are.” He wrinkled his nose to dismiss the slight pain of running into the shelving and then began taking several vials and containers down. “Okay, a few of these… Some of this, but not too many…” Must not think about psychics must not think about psychics “Uh, Captain? I really appreciate your um, reassurance that you’re not going to kill me really I do. But I’m afraid it’s uh, not working so well if you keep talking about it? A-And about how there’s something about unsanctioned kills (What does that even meaaaaaaaaaan) and everything. So u-um… Do you have any hobbies that aren’t, you know, stab related?”

Yes! Good plan Obie! Maybe there’s some common ground with Spooky Head Voice Stab Captain! …Or you just end up making her upset and then you become the next unsanctioned kill orwhateverthatmeans
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Better Late than... Later?   Better Late than... Later? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 5:40 pm

"Uh, Obie-bun? Do you need help?" Aoi's concern radiated from her as she watched the bunny-man run straight into a shelf, her arms going out as if to catch him in case he fell again. His panicked cry and wrinkled nose only distracted her a moment before she grinned. They had reached their destination!

"Ah thanks! Wow there's a lot of things here, you must work a lot..." Her mouth an o of awe, the captain's blue eyes took in everything on the shelf as she examined it curiously. How much stuff did he have here? Wooow burn creams too? Anyone with burns was sent to this division though so it wasn't like they needed it.

She was drawn from her examinations with a small sound as she turned back to Obie. "Mm? Well you seem to worry about it, its only natural to reassure someone you aren't gonna do something if they think you are. Hobbies though..."

Aoi crossed her arms and looked thoughtful for a moment. Hobbies not stab related...she supposed that also would count training... And those things... After a few long, her lips pursing and getting bit while her eyes closed and opened as she went through all the ideas in her head, she finally found SOMETHING! "Aha! Hobbies are things you do for fun in your spare time... I have a lover and I go visit him in the living world! Is that a hobby?"

Her eyes glittered with hope and excitement, had she found something Obie would count?
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Better Late than... Later?   Better Late than... Later? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 1:39 pm

“Y-Yeah… We keep a lot of stuff in here. It um, helps to be prepared for… Well anything, really. Gotta keep everyone in fighting shape ahahah…” And thank god I’ll never have to fight too. The only shape I would be in would be a target. “But Captain I uh, believe you about the not-stabbing now, so bringing it up again just gets me nervous a-again and it might just be better if we justnottalkaboutstabbing.” Please don’t be mad please don’t be mad pleasedon’tbemad

Hobbies! Yes, change of subject (thank god!). Wait… The human world? That’s like, even scarier! It’s crazy town! So much noise, a-and cities that never sleep! What’s wrong with them? OH GOD DON’T THINK BAD THINGS ABOUT HUMANS HER SPOOKY HEAD VOICE MIGHT HEAR YOU “T-That can count as a hobby, yeah. I um, have never been to the Human World before. It’s good that you uh, h-have someone to meet there, I guess… But uh I never saw a reason to visit.” Nope nope nope too scary never going to visit.

Thankfully the supply gathering continued unhindered. Obie had to pick up a small crate to begin piling up the growing pile of medical salves and ointments. “I um, hope that it’s not a problem that you’ll have to carry all of this. I-I mean I guess you could use my backpack if you want but it um, is my only backpack. So… I mean I guess you could use it if you want I suppose…”
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Better Late than... Later?   Better Late than... Later? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 10:18 pm

"That sounds about right, we prepare in our way too!" Aoi left off that it involved stabbing and punching, Obie did have a point since he did panic whenever she reminded him. Instead she nodded rather seriously, and did not say a word in response to his nervousness about stabbing. The nod would have to do for agreement, since she had no other choice. He didn't want it spoken of...

She was rather pleased to have his affirmation of a hobby though! Yes! She had one! Her eyes lit up and she smiled. "Its really nice! It has all these really delicious things like pizza and these drinks with coffee in it that you can get that are sweet. You should go! They have really big...um... open spaces. And fields!"

He was a bunny, the cities might be nerve wracking for the poor dear. She bet they had lots of places for him to scurry around though... Seeing though that he had gathered most of what she needed, she bent over and gave it a few careful looks. All seemed to be in order!

"I can carry it all easy. You should really get more backpacks, it'd probably help. They have ones with bunnies and moons on em in a really nice shop near Shiro-usa's house~ Maybe I'll get you one next time I'm there!" Aoi's face lit up more as she picked up the items she had come for, grinning at the bunny who she would definitely visit...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Better Late than... Later?   Better Late than... Later? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Better Late than... Later?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next