(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)

We are an OC Bleach RP looking for people who enjoy easy-going role playing, but we do enjoy a bit of excitement here and there.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Tuxedo Ruk & Kitty's Otome Adventures
Setsuna's Mansion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2023 8:27 pm by Rukuya

» Science Rules
Setsuna's Mansion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 5:34 pm by Potatoes O'Brien

» Box of Nerds
Setsuna's Mansion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 11:12 am by Yes

» Lost and Found... Hopefully? [Open]
Setsuna's Mansion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 9:24 pm by Rukuya

» Much Ado About Eating
Setsuna's Mansion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 11:27 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Saintly Territory
Setsuna's Mansion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 10:22 pm by The ArchKitty

» tl;dr—The Philosophy of Knowledge and Sand Castles
Setsuna's Mansion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 11:13 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Colors of the Heart
Setsuna's Mansion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 1:52 am by The ArchKitty

» Double Face [Shinya]
Setsuna's Mansion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 4:56 pm by Rukuya

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Setsuna's Mansion

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zaraki

Zaraki

Setsuna's Mansion  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setsuna's Mansion    Setsuna's Mansion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 8:34 pm

Zeraphin had been playing with the thought of simply picking his 3rd seat up and making her fly over the garden. Just in case one had a device that suppressed reiatsu completely and they tried to run from him. Not, that he would bother to run after them. But he liked to know who was present and who not.

He was though, not one of the strongest when it came to brute strength and therefore could do the math. He'd never manage to make her fly that far.

"If you see any spying devices of other Divisions... ruin them." He glanced down at her. "Only we hold information."

Then, as those wide metal gates finally started to open did he walk inside, easily finding his way around. He had been third seat for the longest time... and had other ways to find the layouts and structures of buildings.

They were still present even though they probably already felt him coming. He gave them the moment to change the topic, if they had not done so already, before he walked out into the garden also.

Exactly the people he had expected. Minus their Fukutaichous. Not, that he minded. Neither did he bother with greeting them. He was not one to waste words on greetings. Instead he silently headed over to them, not even glancing at the lousy 2nd and 12th Division captains. He made sure to pick the chair closest to Setsuna. She was a one after all.

He pulled the chair out and dropped down on it, immediately nonchalantly lounging on it the air he was giving off one of him owning this place and them already. He liked to own things and had no problems with wealth. After all, the rich one had something to eat and access to knowledge. The poor ones died stupid.

The crimson haired Shinigami waved a hand as he glanced at his 3rd Seat. "Take a seat." He did not care if they wanted a Fukutaichou at the table or not. She was his and he was here. She would stay.
Back to top Go down
Emayecue

Emayecue

PostSubject: Re: Setsuna's Mansion    Setsuna's Mansion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 10:46 pm

Miruki nodded happily, at the brief but clear explanation of how Setsuna and her met. Certainly was not in any great fashion, but just for the fact that Setsuna mentioned that she was a <damn good student> put her right back up in happy giddy mood. Her smile was wide to her ear as she was just waving her head around, with pride, in agreement to Setsuna.

As soon as Setsuna mentioned some people were coming, she pressed a button on her glasses, it gave her a clear digital description of who was coming, it could reach a long distance. She did not have the reiatsu sensibility that Setsuna or other captain had, so these glasses came quite handy, it could also monitor the level of reiatsu emmanating from a person.

"Fifth. It's the fifth division on there ways here" she said softly before they got close enough for them to hear her.

As they arrived, Miruki felt suddenly out of place, but yet, she should not. She has been offered a seat by Setsuna, she was a captain, why did she felt so low all of a sudden... Perhaps it was simply, the intimidating look that the fifth had with her. Although her relation was on fairly good term with the previous captain, there has always been some friction between the two. The fifth tend to always want to <know it all>, mostly justifiable, but rarely could they understand that some projects that Miruki and 12th are involved are completely confidential, even for the most informative division of all.

The lieutenant and her had never really have a full conversation, they cross path and nodded to each other was the extent of it. Usually Miruki gets along pretty well with everyone, but it just seemed like that ice was thicker to break than usual. Perhaps now would be a good time to lighten up the mood she thought.

But then... before she could say anything, the captain, Zeraphin it was, simply walked past her, not even taking one second to look at her, and at least nod at her. She has seen him before of course, never seemed like the talkative type of guy, but for some reason, she decided to stay put... Guess that ice will have to stay thick for now.

Thinking back at how she got scolded for her bad manners, she wondered... Was shooting at Setsuna's roof more or less improper than butting in right over, sitting right next to her, without proper greetings? Yes... probably shooting at her roof was worse, and she did butt in too... Who is she to even think of repremending someone for manners. She should just shut up, was her last toughts.

Whether they cared or not, she still looked at both of them, and gave them a nod, at least out of respect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Setsuna's Mansion    Setsuna's Mansion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 2:33 pm

Such un-pretty language, Liberator.

Now Sestuna's laugh was airy, and at least his ego was only chipped. When Setsuna called him 'darling', however, Jurobei was confused.

Is that what you want me to feel, Setsuna, confusion?

When Jurobei felt familiar reitsu, his suspicions were confirmed by Setsuna, Miruki, and his runed signet ring. His loyal men, including one in the garden had a similar acting rune on his hand, to send and recieve simple messages by activating nerves in the hand, untouchable on the surface, the sensation similar to morse code. It was fifth division, the division he had been assigned to investigate. That's when Jurobei started to laugh, hard.

Jurobei wagged his finger at Setsuna. "It was all a test from the beginning, wasn't it, to see how well I would react to the stresses of unexpected guests, but you didn't have to invite Norma, Miruki and Fifth Division." Jurobei honestly did not believe Setsuna would actually allow unexpected guests on purpose, but did believe he had been briefed that the fifth division was suspected of being crazy in a weak attempt to make the conversation more awkward. Jurobei paused, reflecting on what had passed. "I had been getting too comfortable though; I even forgot to ask if I could sit down. My apologies, Setsuna."

He thought about inscribing a orientation rune of the sides of the teacups to make them moo to startle the new guests when they were tipped sideways. However, he knew he didn't have enough time. Jurobei admitted that the idea was childish, but he was also bored. If he had the time, he would winked at both Setsuna and Miruki and as a ploy to get the Fifth Division to think that he hadn't tampered the teacups, pour himself another cup from the serving tray before returning the cups to their original position. Still, Jurobei doubted that Zeraphin drank tea, though it might have pissed Pandora off.

Jurobei wondered what exactly Fifth Division's ploy was, even if they were invited here by Setsuna beforehand without his knowledge. Zeraphin, at least to Jurobei, always seemed to act rude and intimidating. Intimidation lacked finesse; Jurobei considered his methods of subterfuge an art. It was rumored for quite some time that Fifth even had the audacity to claim themselves as the sole holders of information.

You should know by now that as Captain of Stealth Division, you'll only see what I want you to see, know what I want you to know.

He had sent a new simple message though his ring, to be relayed to the higher ranking members of his division. Roughly it was '5 C OUT VC IN? 3 OUT -- OK to sabotage -- exercise caution, could be trap.' Through all this, he appeared to quite natural. When the ring was activated, the ring did not change in appearance. [ooc: if any rune seems too OP, I can change it on request]

"Zeraphin, what's the matter?" Jurobei mocked, still on about falsely believing that this was Setsuna's plan all along, unaffected by Zeraphin's attempt to blatantly ignore him. "You can't look an old man in the eye anymore?"

Jurobei then addressed Setsuna again. "I didn't know that this tea party was going to be this informal, what with the Earth wear that everyone else has on." Jurobei added in good humor "I should have worn my pajamas."
Back to top Go down
Sunny
Admin
Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Setsuna's Mansion    Setsuna's Mansion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 6:20 pm

"Of course it is."

Setsuna mentally rolled her eyes. She already knew who it was. She wasn't annoyed with Miruki, but with the two on their merry little ways here. So they were going to play this game? Setsuna didn't feel like playing these pre-school games.

"This is no test Jurobei. We simply have visitors."

Setsuna hated rudeness, but Zeraphin was one you had to handle a certain way. He didn't react the same to certain forms of punishment as others did. Such a shame. He made her job so difficult.

Setsuna smiled at the two fifth divisioners as they arrived and helped themselves to seats. How rude. Setsuna made no move to act as she she were upset, but rather acted warm and inviting.

"What a pleasant surprise to have you two join us. Please help yourselves to some refreshments."

Setsuna motioned to the tea and cookies with her hand. Good thing she had brought out a full set of tea cups, otherwise there wouldn't have been enough. Setsuna looked at Jurobei, and with a smiled warned.

"Darling Jurobei, it would be ill advised of you to show up at my home in your pajamas. Please don't confuse dress wear for the lack of a uniform."

She chuckled airily again. Taking a sip of her tea and smiling at the shinigami sitting around her little tea table.

-----

Pandora sat as instructed, but didn't take any tea when offered. She didn't drink her tea this early in the afternoon, and it would just throw off her schedule if she did.

"Thank you Captain Commander, but I must decline."

Pandora crossed her ankles and bowed her head in recognition of Setsuna. Although she didn't agree with her ways, she'd still show the elderly captain respect.
Back to top Go down
https://withinmemories.rpg-board.net
Zaraki

Zaraki

PostSubject: Re: Setsuna's Mansion    Setsuna's Mansion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 7:17 pm

Zeraphin could almost smell just how unwelcome he was at the table. It lingered in his nose just like the smell of brimstone and ash. It was good the way it was. With their blind hatred and prejudices they could not bother with him and only saw what they wanted to see. He though, approached everybody without judging... even those belonging to even numbers. He just did not bother to talk with those.

They though, loved to chat with him.
Pale orange eyes set onto Jurobei, though not a single sound escaped his thin lips. Nothing at all. Neither did he bother to say anything as the older male addressed Setsuna once more. Instead his eyes settled on Miruki. No, her eyes were far too different. For now far too honest in their surprise. Jurobei's though seemed just likes his mother's when... It made his alarm bells ring, though nothing at all showed on his blank expression.

And finally, after Pandora finished addressing Setsuna, did he also look at her. Oh how she hated it. So much chuckling. It was so... off. He could almost taste the tension in the air. She was close to unleashing her wrath on all of them. While he did not care. A glace to Jurobei who wore a slightly far off expression. He did not notice... or underestimated it. He'd have to figure that out. A glance at Miruki. And she seemed to want to slide out of this mess as the golden girl.

Funny, what a little visit of him could do.

And so he nonchalantly leaned back and continued to watch them all in silence. Well, almost completely silent.

"I rather have scotch."
Back to top Go down
Emayecue

Emayecue

PostSubject: Re: Setsuna's Mansion    Setsuna's Mansion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 7:38 pm

Miruki's heartbeat quickly started racing... Why? There should not be any reason for it. They were just other shinigami's coming and sitting down, just like she was, why was she feeling so uneasy.

She felt bad, she felt weak, she should be at least at the same level. It's true that she has a certain lack of power in comparaison to most other captains, could her low reiatsu level as a captain has that much of an influence on being around others? It could not be, she felt fine with Setsuna, perhaps it was simply her warm presence that eased it on her. But Zeraphin, he felt colder than his, so cold, that it went right through her bones.

Her bottom lip even started to wiggle a bit, like someone that is shivering. It took all of her will power to try and stop it and make it look like she was comfortable, and that this was just one like many others captain meetings, gathering, or what not.

She wanted to talk, she wanted to say something. The strenght required at this moment, even for the slightest ammount of speech was tremendous. Most of the time she can easily over talk any shinigami, or even any crowd, something felt different this time. Was it really the situation, or was it just her that was completely stunnned, out of control of herself. She had to break through it, otherwise, she would eventually break down.

"Aheum... so... Wh'what bring y'you g'guys here on this a'afternoon" was all she could manage to say, in a very uncomfortable and choppy voice, she did her best to sound natural, but it failed miserabely.

After talking, her heartbeat raced up even faster, probably everyone could feel her pulse at this moment just from the friction in the air, she was completely embarassed, she showed pure weakness, in her mind at this moment, being dismissed as a captain would be understandable punishment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Setsuna's Mansion    Setsuna's Mansion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 8:35 pm

Quote :
"This is no test Jurobei. We simply have visitors."

Something is definitely wrong then.

Quote :
"What a pleasant surprise to have you two join us. Please help yourselves to some refreshments."

and I thought I knew how to spin a good yarn. If they weren't invited, she would have no reason to be so friendly. I guess in order to be a good liar, you have to learn from the best.

Quote :
"Darling Jurobei, it would be ill advised of you to show up at my home in your pajamas. Please don't confuse dress wear for the lack of a uniform."

Again with addressing me with that word. We're not a couple.
"Of course." Jurobei replied, without skipping a beat, nodding his head in full acknowledgment. She wanted him to lighten up, but he couldn't make light of a situation? What she expected from him was impossible with that warning smile of hers; it was regular ol' Setsuna, alright.

Jurobei still really did not much care for Zeraphin who couldn't even respond with words to so simple of light provocations Jurobei offered. Why go to a tea party if you weren't going to say anything?

Quote :
"I rather have scotch."
"Scotch, but it's the middle of the day."

Then Jurobei heard the squeaking of Miruki as she asked why they were here. Jurobei supposed that Miruki was still new at being a captain, and in a way pitied her. It was not an easy game to play, to interact with people in this world of politics. The way that she responded so meekly, however natural, was detrimental. It gave Zeraphin the impression that his intimidation tactics were working. Jurobei knew that he had to keep on the offensive despite Setsuna's warning, to make quiet clear that he was not intimidated by Zeraphin, a brute with a mask and a business suit or Pandora, with a personality tighter than a clam with a lockjaw. He had reason to do it anyway; his division was working to make Zeraphin regret leaving his division to go to a tea party he wasn't invited to.

"A better question, I think, is why have you come all the way here just to interrupt my conversation with Setsuna? If you wanted to remain silent, groveling over - whatever, over scotch, I'm sure your office would do just as well." Jurobei took another sip of his tea before he made his next comment an obviously sarcastic one. "but please, if there's something that you need to say or do that was so urgent that you couldn't wait, don't let me stop you."
Back to top Go down
Sunny
Admin
Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Setsuna's Mansion    Setsuna's Mansion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 9:09 pm

"Well then."

Setsuna grabbed a brass bell that sat next to her on the table. She rang it three times and a shinigami dressed in a black three piece suit appeared next to her.

"Please bring a scotch glass, a bucket of ice, and a bottle of scotch from the cellar."

The man bowed and walked back to the house. Setsuna smiled at him and turned her attention back to the group of people before her. Setsuna looked at Miruki and smiled. The poor sod.

"Miruki dear, there's no need to be nervous. Not where you're here at my home."

The man reappeared with the items Setsuna asked for on a silver tray. His gloved hands set them down on the table next to Setsuna.

"Please serve Captain Zeraphin."

Setsuna turned her attention to Jurobei as he began to question the two. Well, she had to agree with him. She just knew confronting Zeraphin was like talking to a wall. It was best to let Jurobei discover this on his own.

---

"Please forgive me captain, but you speak of our manners, but here you sit in hypocrisy accosting us with your battery of rude and accusing questions and tone. When we arrived, the captain commander greeted us and invited us to stay. Had she not wanted us here badly enough she, more than you could have forced our leave. So please, remember your surrounding for you have no empirical standing here."

Pandora said without ever changing her expression or tone. She looked at Setsuna and bowed her head once again.

"I apologize Commander if I am out of line."
Back to top Go down
Zaraki

Zaraki

PostSubject: Re: Setsuna's Mansion    Setsuna's Mansion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 2:27 am

Zeraphin shortly glanced back at Setsuna upon hearing the soft chime of the bell before his attention simply returned to the table. He could see in how their jaws worked, how their shoulders tensed at just how uncomfortable he was making them. And he did not even try. Not once in his life had he tried to intimidate anybody with his body, though it always worked... and it always happened.
Hilarious.
If he'd had any kind of humor.

Quote :
"Scotch, but it's the middle of the day."

Another mysterious had been lifted. Now he knew just why Jurobei was captain of the stealth Division. He knew what time it was without having to use a clock or a watch.
Amazing.
Not really, but the way the man tried to shove himself into his business while still sounding superior, slimy little boy.

Quote :
"Aheum... so... Wh'what bring y'you g'guys here on this a'afternoon"

Finally, and only because of her appearance, did he speak up once more.

"Our feet."
He thought it would have been more obvious.

Quote :

A shame Setsuna had to speak up again. He rather liked seeing Miruki like that. Not, because it was his intention to scare people - that just happened, but the way her nerves danced, her heartbeat quickened together with her breathing... Right now she was the only one being honest with them.

Quote :
"Please serve Captain Zeraphin."

The barest form of distaste spread on his features, but was gone immediately again. After all those many years people made scotch... some still made the error of serving it wrong.

And so, while his 3rd Seat talked with the captain commander, did he hold out his hand in a stopping gesture before glancing at the Shinigami.

He lifted his finger.

"Scotch always is supposed to stay warm. Only Americans make the error of adding ice to it." They made the same error with whiskey.

And therefore, with a nod, he took hold of the glass and filled it himself. He did not see himself as rude though. He had merely taught somebody else something. People should be happy gaining more information, instead of feeling insulted.

Funny world.

"Do not apologize so easily."
He glanced at his 3rd Seat.
"Apologize when it really matters and not after you gave away information or set something straight."
People.. they were so wasteful with their 'sorry's and 'thank you's. As if those words had no meaning any longer and could be flung around.

He took a sip of his scotch, allowing the taste to linger on his tongue before he swallowed. Again his expression stayed just the same. He was unable to feel the burn of alcohol.

Then he finally glanced back at Jurobei. He let their eyes lock while he lifted his glass back to his mouth and took another sip. And he continued to stare as he set it back down again. All that finesse the captain of 2nd tried to have and yet he ruined so much with his impatience.

Zeraphin, stayed silent.
Back to top Go down
Emayecue

Emayecue

PostSubject: Re: Setsuna's Mansion    Setsuna's Mansion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 12:30 pm

As things seemed to get even less pleasant for everyone, aside Setsuna who seemed to be able to handle Zer just fine, Miruki gave a brief look of despair to Jurobei. For some reason, he seemed to be the one most bothered by their presence, just like she was.

Zeraphin wrote:
"Our feet."

What in the world did he try to do. Was he just making fun of her? That ticked her off at some level, she could not believe that he would give such a blatant unexplicative response as that. There was two possibilities, either he was extremely dumb and truly did not understand the meaning of the question, or he was one of those sarcastic fellow that whatever you ask them, they will give you the stupidest answer in the book instead of ignoring you at all. Heck at least he talked to her, that's better than ignoring her at this moment.

Setsuna wrote:

After people started arguing with each other, Miruki started to relax a tiny bit. Although the situation was still somewhat uncomfortable, she got used to it a little bit and calmed down her temper. Whatever she said now would probably come back at her to bite her. It did not seem that there was much to do at this point. Let those people argue it out, see where it leads, and only act when it will be necessary by any mean.

For now, she decided to simply have some more tea, and munch slowly on a cookie studying the situation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Setsuna's Mansion    Setsuna's Mansion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 2:20 pm

Quote :

The Liberator's comment actually served to bolster Jurobei's spirits; either he was being ignored, or she thought that he was carrying himself well enough to warrant no observation. Either way he wasn't getting her negative attention. He also appreciated that despite being a most generous host, she had chosen to take Miruki's side. It was the nicest thing that Setsuna did all day.

Quote :
"Scotch always is supposed to stay warm. Only Americans make the error of adding ice to it."

Jurobei couldn't even agree with the man's snobbishness when it came liquor. People can enjoy their scotch any way they like.

Quote :
"Please forgive me captain, but you speak of our manners, but here you sit in hypocrisy accosting us with your battery of rude and accusing questions and tone. When we arrived, the captain commander greeted us and invited us to stay. Had she not wanted us here badly enough she, more than you could have forced our leave. So please, remember your surrounding for you have no empirical standing here."
Quote :
"Do not apologize so easily. Apologize when it really matters and not after you gave away information or set something straight."

He felt the resonance through his hand by his ring. The message was 'Preperations are complete. Proceed?' to which Jurobei transmitted, with emphasis, 'Abort.' Unfortunately he saw a mirror of himself through the third seat, whose manner was stupid enough that she got shot down by her own Captain. Jurobei knew that he wasn't perfect, but especially given his old age, he was more prone to be impatient. He realized that he wasn't trying to be perfect because he wanted to make a situation more than it was. He left himself open by trying to coax a response from Zeraphin. Imperfection was something that allowed for something different to happen, but there seemed to be nothing for fifth division to offer him other than empty platitudes about scotch, manners and apologies.

Jurobei looked at Pandora, his expression and tone indicted that he still felt he was on the high ground, but now more relaxed and calm as ever. "I don't remember asking you for an answer, but if Zeraphin would rather hide behind you as a proxy, I suppose I'll have to make do. I don't believe it is hypocritical of me to ask about the intentions of unexpected guests in the tone that your mannerisms deserve. On the other hand, Setsuna being our most generous host, allowed you both to stay, but I contest that is not the same as being invited. Irregardless of the tone I chose, I offered Captain Zeraphin the basic courtesy to speak his mind as an equal. As for your inane comment about my standing, I know well enough my boundaries. Perhaps you should do the same."

Quote :
Then he finally glanced back at Jurobei. He let their eyes lock while he lifted his glass back to his mouth and took another sip. And he continued to stare as he set it back down again.
Jurobei's eyes met with Zeraphin's, but without even the feeling of apprehension. It was pure boredom that filled Jurobei's eyes, mixed with genuine disappointment. His eyes seemed to widen just a little, as though trying to see more than what Zeraphin really was, a mere stoic wall waiting to be smashed. The expression was almost like that of an old man just wanting some good company before he died. Jurobei knew that his days were numbered. The reflecting in Pandora reminded him of his mental degradation, of making more mistakes than he should like a novice, because boredom allowed it, and against nothing for that matter. Jurobei wondered if that was just necessity now, to invent enemies and plots just to be entertained. Finally after that most depressing thought, Jurobei's eyes reverted to another but more familiar natural state. They started to wander again, receptive and curious, dreaming of what might be. Jurobei resolved that Zeraphin was just a mere eyesore and ignored him in kind.

"Ah, so what we were talking about again?" The transition to Jurobei felt so natural it was as though fifth was no longer there, once again making light conversation with his host, the great Liberator. "Yes, we were talking about how you met with the Captain of 12th Divison. You say that it was a simple matter because she was a very good student, but I'm not entirely convinced that's all that happened. There are many good students at the Academy, but then again you always did have an eye for true talent. Perhaps Captain Miruki would like to fill us in on some of the highlights of her Academy days?"

He failed at making Zeraphin an enemy, but he could at least continue to try in earnest to make Miruki his ally. He had looked at Miruki with a look of serenity and confidence, that even though he made a mistake in engaging the trolls, he had the courage to stand back up.
Back to top Go down
Sunny
Admin
Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Setsuna's Mansion    Setsuna's Mansion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 2:55 pm

"How can someone who runs the second division be such a moron? You missed my whole point. You're not worth my breath."

Pandora said flatly. Why was she here again? Right, because Zer was a moron who needed her to hold his hand. She trusted him to do nothing on his own.

Setsuna turned her glance at Pandora and Jurobei. They were getting a little too heated for her likes. Why, if they started fighting in her garden they'd rip the place up. Then she'd have to kill them.

"Now now you two. That's enough. Vice captain Ozera, I urge you to remember that even though Captian Jurobei isn't on duty, you are. He is still a captain and you are to respect that. Even if you don't agree with him. There is no need for name calling."

Setsuna smiled before taking another sip of her tea. Just as quickly as the two began bickering, it ended when Jurobei changed the subject. Her interjecting wasn't needed after all. Jurobei could verbally hold his own against a vice captain, no matter how smart they are.

"Perhaps."

Setsuna said with a chuckle. She'd let Miruki tell the story.

(this post sucks. Sorry. I had to get something out.)
Back to top Go down
Zaraki

Zaraki

PostSubject: Re: Setsuna's Mansion    Setsuna's Mansion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 3:55 pm

Quote :
"I don't remember asking you for an answer, but if Zeraphin would rather hide behind you as a proxy, I suppose I'll have to make do. I don't believe it is hypocritical of me to ask about the intentions of unexpected guests in the tone that your mannerisms deserve. On the other hand, Setsuna being our most generous host, allowed you both to stay, but I contest that is not the same as being invited. Irregardless of the tone I chose, I offered Captain Zeraphin the basic courtesy to speak his mind as an equal. As for your inane comment about my standing, I know well enough my boundaries. Perhaps you should do the same."

Hiding? He was not too sure if somebody like him ever would manage to hide, though if the captain of the ninja Division wanted to think so... Zeraphin frankly did not care what others thought about him. And if they liked to believe that? Well, it only played into his hands in the end. The mindless brute and the coward who hid. And that from the person whose eyes drifted far too often down to his lap.
Without any trace of shyness.

Yes, their prejudices might just be his strongest weapon.

Quote :
"How can someone who runs the second division be such a moron? You missed my whole point. You're not worth my breath."

He shortly glanced at Pandora while he pushed his hand into the pocket of his suit pants. He did not speak up though. It was her opinion. He saw no reason to stop her. Instead he fetched out a silver box and zippo. The box was opened quickly before he pulled out a black cigarette which was promptly placed between his lips. Zeraphin's cheeks hollowed as he took a long drag while lighting his cigarette. Then he pushed box and zippo back into his pocket while he reached up to unplug his cigarette. The crimson haired man blew out the thick, black smoke.
Though stayed silent.

Quote :
"Now now you two. That's enough. Vice captain Ozera, I urge you to remember that even though Captian Jurobei isn't on duty, you are. He is still a captain and you are to respect that. Even if you don't agree with him. There is no need for name calling."

Another deep drag of his cigarette. This time he did not blow the smoke back out though. Instead he lifted his refilled glass and swallowed it together with the scotch.
His expression stayed as blank as usual as he continued to stare at Jubobei, who stared bored back at him.
He did not mind.

Quote :
"Ah, so what we were talking about again?" ... "Yes, we were talking about how you met with the Captain of 12th Divison. You say that it was a simple matter because she was a very good student, but I'm not entirely convinced that's all that happened. There are many good students at the Academy, but then again you always did have an eye for true talent. Perhaps Captain Miruki would like to fill us in on some of the highlights of her Academy days?"

He did not mind at all.

He had come here to sit with them without being there. Expressions always told one more than just listening to a device.
He took another drag of his cigarette, his eyes a moment longer on Jurobei before he leaned back further in his chair.

Everything was going according to plan.
Back to top Go down
Emayecue

Emayecue

PostSubject: Re: Setsuna's Mansion    Setsuna's Mansion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 10:57 pm

For now on, aside the simili skirmish that was going through between Jurobei and Pandora, Miruki felt a little more at ease. Perhaps there was really nothing more than just them showing up to sit with them. Although it did felt awkward, Jurobei gave her a huge opportunity to go back to her root and just talk about random things. Yes, talking about random things was certainly a thing that Miruki excelled at. Even tho she believed that her academy days are not something to make huge stories about, she just felt the urge to reply.

She straigtened up a bit as she started speaking relatively fast.

"Well there it really is nothing too too spectacular, but yea. I did receive some good grades in my class, but I think what really peaked Fujihana-soutaicho at the time, was my awkward drawings. You see I like to draw, but I always draw with a meaning. I was not drawing stuff like the sun and a house on a little hill with all kind of happily people or whatever child do draw, but I enjoy drawing DNA patterns of any kind that I've studied, and then I take the chemical components of anything that I could find and draw a pattern that coincide with whatever they are made of and when you combine two of more of these components and try to decipher something out of them, find similarities or difference or ways to fuse them together that's really the base of creating something truly different. So although I was always doing well in the classes that I was going through, my mind was always adrift from those drawings, and those components that I struggled to make something out of. Eventually I managed to realize that combining neonuclear particles with symbiotic mass of reiatsu could really have some interesting outcome"

Now Miruki was on a roll, she kept talking about a bunch of other scientific stuff using detailed terms for each and everyone of them, although a lot of the stuff she was saying was relatively bogus, she just kept on going and going.

At some point, she realised that she had drifted the subject off quite a bit, and presumed that people were most likely getting somewhat bored by all of her endless talking.

"Sorry about that, I guess you did not want to hear all of my scientific background" she said with a chuckle.

Taking a sip of her tea, she figured there was just one more thing to say.

"Do you know, Zeraphin-Taicho that smoking is really bad for you? I know you probably know, I know you are smart enough, but why?" she asked actually plainly concerned about his future health.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Setsuna's Mansion    Setsuna's Mansion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 2:48 pm

Jurobei knew he won as soon as Pandora resorted to name-calling to try and win her argument. She didn't even defend the fact that Zeraphin did not choose to speak up for himself; maybe she agreed on that point. Their division was stubborn; stubborn was hella boring. Setsuna calling to attention of his Captain status didn't make him feel better. Zeraphin and Pandora didn't even seem to be the type that were even worth killing anymore, despite his inclination to erase people that he didn't like from his presence. Zeraphin would probably remain expressionless even if his intestines were pulled out by metal hooks so he could see them, and Pandora would probably insult him no matter how many times she was struck repeatedly by a cast iron rod.

Thankfully, Miruki took the opportunity to take his question and divert his attention. It was interesting to hear such a story, and was surprised by the similarity of her story with his own history. She saw patterns, but in more complex things like DNA and scientific terms that he couldn't begin to understand. Though Jurobei felt a bit more confident that he would be able to better relate with her now, a new question plagued his mind. Was that what Setsuna had seen in Miruki during her academy days and now, a better Jurobei?

Jurobei continued to enjoy himself with the tea and cookies, however. His expression was clear that he was genuinely interested in what Miruki had to say. Whether or not it was true Setsuna had found his replacement, Miruki proved to be a very interesting person. It was somewhat ruined when she told Zeraphin to stop smoking, because Jurobei had forgotten about Zeraphin during Miruki's speech. He decided to add nothing this time around. If Zeraphin didn't want to talk like equals, they didn't need to talk at all.
Back to top Go down
Sunny
Admin
Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Setsuna's Mansion    Setsuna's Mansion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 1:25 am

Setsuna and Pandora just sat there. Neither of them really having anything to add to the current conversation. Setsuna had finally finished her cup of tea, and she wasn't really interested in having another. At her age it'd just make her pee a lot.

Pandora wondered why'd she even came in the first place. All she did was speak on Zer's behalf. She had no faith in his ability to defend himself in a battle of words. Truthfully he was probably very intelligent, but to Pandora that meant nothing.

A shinigami woman with long black hair pulled back with clips walked up the little path to the gazebo where everyone sat. The young woman's name was Lillyko, and she was the new third seat of squad one, which meant she was Setsuna's personal assistant.

The young woman bowed to the higher ranking officers before addressing Setsuna.

"Pardon me Captain Commander, but it is nearly three o'clock. I believe you have a meeting in a few moments with the faculty at the academy."

Setsuna looked at bit surprised at this. She had completely forgotten the meeting with the teachers. She hated these meetings, but they were necessary to make sure the academy ran properly.

"Thank you Lillyko. Everyone, this is my new third seat Lillyko Unomoto. Now, I really hate to run, but I mustn't be late. Please feel free to finish up here."

Setsuna smiled and stood up, smoothing her skirt suit as she did. She nodded to everyone there and then turned to Lillyko.

"Lillyko, when the captains and vice captain are done here, please make sure this gets brought into the kitchen so that it can be cleaned and put away."

Setsuna smiled at the group one more time before she turned and walked away from the gazebo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Setsuna's Mansion    Setsuna's Mansion  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Setsuna's Mansion
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2