(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)

We are an OC Bleach RP looking for people who enjoy easy-going role playing, but we do enjoy a bit of excitement here and there.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Tuxedo Ruk & Kitty's Otome Adventures
Hueco Mundo Geography I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2023 8:27 pm by Rukuya

» Science Rules
Hueco Mundo Geography I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 5:34 pm by Potatoes O'Brien

» Box of Nerds
Hueco Mundo Geography I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 11:12 am by Yes

» Lost and Found... Hopefully? [Open]
Hueco Mundo Geography I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 9:24 pm by Rukuya

» Much Ado About Eating
Hueco Mundo Geography I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 11:27 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Saintly Territory
Hueco Mundo Geography I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 10:22 pm by The ArchKitty

» tl;dr—The Philosophy of Knowledge and Sand Castles
Hueco Mundo Geography I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 11:13 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Colors of the Heart
Hueco Mundo Geography I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 1:52 am by The ArchKitty

» Double Face [Shinya]
Hueco Mundo Geography I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 4:56 pm by Rukuya

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Hueco Mundo Geography

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

Hueco Mundo Geography Empty
PostSubject: Hueco Mundo Geography   Hueco Mundo Geography I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 12:47 am

:: Geography ::

The Geography of Hueco Mundo can seem bland to outsiders, what with its endless night, cool temperatures at times and desert features but it isn't all sands and dunes really. There are many different features of the Endless Desert that most might not be privy to or even have experienced really due to how immense the place is. Even one such as Sarai could have spent her entire existence mapping it out and still be missing large sections or features really. On top of that, as the place is the missing bits between the world, it isn't always physically in the same spots.

Going 'West' from Sarai's Tower for several thousand miles might have once lead you to the salt like flats where no hollows at all live but where deep tunnels and cave systems dwell under, but now it instead leads to the Arch Scrubs. Temporal distortions are common in a world that isn't always entirely set on where things are. However Gargantas will always set one where one wants to be set, which is a major boon for those with access. The parts that seem to shift though area always seemingly 'set' sections. An example would be a scrub desert section vs a sand dune section, a scrub desert section surrounded on all sides by sand desert would be easy to tell the lines of where it might shift eventually... But anything in those lines will shift with it, and the sizes for the sections are immense in and of themselves as well, though there are minor size variations really...

Mirages are common in the desert, despite the lack of real heat, due to this fact. You could be seeing something in the distance, yes, and it would be a real place or thing... But walking there might not lead you to it.

The Forest of Menos exists below sections of Hueco Mundo's sand dune deserts areas, and much like the rest of it is seemingly moves around the further you walk in from where you enter. Other areas have the Caves, large areas of underground cave systems that aren't always connected to the surface or each other.

There are several different types of areas that make up Hueco Mundo's confusing upper landscape.

♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛

• Scrub desert type areas, where there is less sand sand and more solid land and small dead looking plants that somehow exist in the desert. They are common flat lands where hollows tend to congregate at times and form colonies due to the lack of  sand just pouring in over top of them. Hard rock like materials can be mined from such sections to be used to build things, much more easily.
  • Sand dune type areas are the typical face of Hueco Mundo, typically where many beings show up and seem to see, due to them being the most prolific areas really. They are generally filled with the white sands that
  • Salt flat areas are areas no hollow or arrancar like to stay, due to that caustic substance that causes annoyances and pain even to these regenerating beings, however the places are generally riddled with holes and caverns that lead deep into the desert where one of the few sources of water can be found. These sections are fairly rare really, so not many encounter them.
  • Plateau areas are large areas with huge cracks running through them, mostly just rocky messes with jagged spikes. A drop down will lead into sections of the Menos forest.
  • On top of these fairly 'normal' areas, there are quite a few weird or even dangerous places. A desert made entirely of glass with plants that grow while also being weird glass, a scrub land with sand that flows like water... A huge land of weird black and cold mud pits that any who fall in never return, a land where there seems to be some sort of black-plant surrounded oasis but the water when touched by any seems to erode or devour them.

♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛

Other than these section types, there are some major geographical features. Some areas have large mountains found in them, generally no more than a few really but still there. Large cracks down to the Menos Forest can be found in some areas or even cliffs. Springs or Oasis are very very rare and are fought over by hollows. Normally such rarities are settled by some Leader and then fights occur as someone else tries to take it over.

No one land is more settled than any other, other than the salt flats where only hollows/arrancar with special abilities to resist that awful place exist.

--
Back to top Go down

Hueco Mundo Geography
Page 1 of 1