(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)

We are an OC Bleach RP looking for people who enjoy easy-going role playing, but we do enjoy a bit of excitement here and there.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Tuxedo Ruk & Kitty's Otome Adventures
Paying a Visit (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2023 8:27 pm by Rukuya

» Science Rules
Paying a Visit (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 5:34 pm by Potatoes O'Brien

» Box of Nerds
Paying a Visit (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 11:12 am by Yes

» Lost and Found... Hopefully? [Open]
Paying a Visit (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 9:24 pm by Rukuya

» Much Ado About Eating
Paying a Visit (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 11:27 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Saintly Territory
Paying a Visit (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 10:22 pm by The ArchKitty

» tl;dr—The Philosophy of Knowledge and Sand Castles
Paying a Visit (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 11:13 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Colors of the Heart
Paying a Visit (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 1:52 am by The ArchKitty

» Double Face [Shinya]
Paying a Visit (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 4:56 pm by Rukuya

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Paying a Visit (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

Paying a Visit (Open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paying a Visit (Open)   Paying a Visit (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 3:57 pm

"That sounds quite rude." Yysara nodded, accepting that a screaming bat was unexpected but also quite rude indeed. It would startle anyone and for her personally the odds were a snake would attack it and try to eat it. Obie seemed quite traumatized as well and the snake arrancar felt a it sorry for the poor, terrified little man. "I am sorry you had that happen to you."

There, she apologized for his miserable life. That was what they did, yes? Apologized for awful things that traumatized and scared them? Pastel nodded and they shared a small conversation in pure silence.

He will jump out of his skin here soon I think, despite your attempts. That might be fun to take home, a shedded shinigami skin.

That is also rude, please be nicer Pastel. We must soothe him, he is in need of such.

Yeah yeah whatever.

Following behind Obie, Yysara's attention went to their surroundings as she pulled out her notepad and pen once more to take copious notes. Hallways, architecture, people... All were noted carefully and precisely. "I see... That sounds relaxing."

She was beginning to get a handle on the man's constant terror, realizing such work would suit him and keep him from freaking out more so. Ignoring the looks, she continued to listen before giving a shake of the head. "It is...interesting. Could I see you make salves? Or garden?"

Curious about that, her head tilted as she stared straight at Obie, her focus turning to him once he had spoken up about his work. Now that was even more interesting!
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Paying a Visit (Open)   Paying a Visit (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 7:20 pm

“Kinda rude, mostly spooky…” Obie agreed quietly. Why a bat, even? Bats were quiet and only came out at night, when Obie was asleep because you can’t garden at night. Bats were the least spooky (but still spooky) of things that could possibly spook you at night. But then Miss Esmeralda had to make one come out during the day and be made of metal and scream and weeeh…

Obie had to shake his head several times as he lead Yysara down the halls of the Fourth, trying again and again to clear his head. The more he tried to forget about his spooky Human World adventures, the more Yysara seemed to bring the memories. But she also apologized for it and agreed that it was a bad thing that happened to him? It seemed that she was just as confusing as she was polite but also spooky?

His attention was suddenly drawn back to Yysara as she had her notepad back out again, writing away at… something. For some reason. Maybe grading him on his tour-giving abilities? Taking notes on key places to attack? Recipes for cooking Obies? Who knew?! All of the possibilities were exceptionally terrifying and Obie could feel his heart beating faster as he lead the Arrancar through the halls.

Also seriously where does she keep that notepad? Spooky.

Her next question however, caused Obie to stop in the middle of the hall as he slowly turned back to stare at Yysara. “Y-You want to watch me… garden? But I… I mean… w-why?” His hands immediately clasped together and his thumbs began twirling around each other quickly. “I-I mean… you could probably if you wanted to but… why?” Why? Why
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Paying a Visit (Open)   Paying a Visit (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 11:15 pm

Spooky... This man was really quite weirdly obsessed with spooky things. He was always thinking about them or thinking they would happen to him. Maybe if he stopped dwelling on them, he would be less scared over surprising or shocking things that startled him?

Yysara did not speak that thought, though her snake had in fact caught the same thing and was voicing it. Luckily Obie could not in fact translate snake.

She kept good notes as the tour continued, walking ahead a few steps before she noticed her guide had paused. The snake woman stopped and turned back a bit, looking over her shoulder with a tilted head as Obie questioned her wishes. Yysara had no good answer immediately and thus stood there staring for a moment. "Why...?"

Why?

What was the true reason...?

"Maybe...because there are not truly gardens or many in Hueco Mundo. I do not know...what gardening is myself, only what I have read. Should I not want to know such things?" Maybe this was what he was questioning? Her thirst for knowledge had not been called into question before now and this threw the snake arrancar off.
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Paying a Visit (Open)   Paying a Visit (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 11:24 pm

"Y-Yeah, why? I mean uh... Not that there's a... problem with it, I guess? I was just... very confused." Hah no problem with it what a joke I sure am a jokester ahaaha WHO WATCHES PEOPLE GARDEN? Unless she's like... part scarecrow-snake-lady but Scarecrows are spooky too oh dear...

The spinning of his thumbs increased even faster as he stood in the hall, listening to Yysara's words, but by the time that she had finished explaining her curiosity of the gardening world, his thumbs had slowed down just the tiniest bit. "O-Oh... I didn't... didn't know about that kind of stuff... So I guess being curious about gardening really does make a little bit of sense, h-huh?"

OH OBIE YOU'RE A DUMMY DUMB DUMB!

"S-So no, there's not really a... problem with you wanting to know such things it's just... I've never had anyone say they wanted to watch me garden? I-I mean it's nothing personal because I would be nervous about anyone watching me I mean that's why Captain Lakshmi Ma'am gave me that whiteboard because I'm bad at giving orders a-and..."

The nervous Third Seat continued to ramble a bit more as he began leading Yysara back out towards the garden area of the Fourth Division, his mind both racing with ways to try and be less spooked and also the fact that he probably insulted snake lady for just asking a single question oh god whyyyyyy...
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Paying a Visit (Open)   Paying a Visit (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 11:39 pm

There wasn't a problem, it was just a simple case of confusion. Yysara herself grew more confused by Obie's confusion over her wishing to know. Did not she give off an aura of wanting to know things? Had she not asked so many questions? At least her response had provoked some semblance of understanding to sprout in the Shinigami's mind.

"I am curious about many things as well. Please do not worry, I just wish to learn as much as I can if I ask about things." Yysara gave Obie a slow nod, attempting to continue to look nonthreatening but failing because she still rather resembled a snake and that was apparently scary. It was odd why he thought that, but she supposed a prey creature that the man resembled himself would assume that she was dangerous.

"If it is a bother, I can leave." Following the third seat, the arrancar blinked and shook her head as Pastel began muttering undignified words. Really, the more she stayed around him the more nervous he got. "I do not wish to continue to unnerve you with... myself. Your tour was quite nice..."
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Paying a Visit (Open)   Paying a Visit (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 3:21 pm

“I… suppose being curious about things isn’t t-too bad, it’s just that…” Obie sighed softly as he continued to lead the snake Arrancar lady out of the main Division building and back out towards his own gardens. “I’m not used to people, well… asking me a lot of questions. I’m r-really just used to following orders and stuff, so… yeah. Oh god I’m not even good at giving orders either, I’m the worst most terrible Third Seat that needs a whiteboard to talk to subordinates EVER oh gooooood

The terrified little man shook his head several times as if trying to expel the thoughts from his head with the action alone as the two of them re-emerged into the afternoon sun as they returned to the edge of Obie’s garden. Have to… have to calm down. Miss Yysara hasn’t even attacked you yet, the worst is she’s had a snake on your hat. Much nicer than Miss Esmeralda, yes. Calm calm calm calm Obie calm. “You don’t… have to leave, just uh…” Obie fidgeted with his hat for several seconds as he looked out over his prized garden. “I mean, it’s not going to be very exciting to watch or anything, so I apologize for future me b-boring you or something, o-okay?”

He stood awkwardly at the edge of his garden for a few seconds before slowly nodding and walking into his garden, gathering his tools as he set out to maintain his pride and joy, albeit it with someone… watching him while he did it. That reality was still… confusing to the shinigami. Utterly so. But Yysara seemed… Genuine in her journey for knowledge? Maybe? He couldn’t exactly let his guard down, but it wasn’t the creeping horror that his last experience with another Arrancar had been… Or certain other shinigami as well…
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Paying a Visit (Open)   Paying a Visit (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 9:30 pm

"...I see." Yysara had... impinged on this man who had no experience dealing with questions. In fact she hadn't even asked if he was used to such things. Instead she had merely done this and assumed he would accept her and help her.

It was quite rude. Obie Hogosha was quite kind to have taken her under his wing even so, pushed himself to his absolute limits and was still trying.

It was quite moving.

Yysara felt herself wishing she could express this feeling in words or actions, but was left not knowing how or what to do in this situation.

Instead she kept herself quiet for him, nodding slowly and accepting his apology though she doubted that it would be boring. The garden looked well loved, or at least well taken care of which she assumed meant it was well loved. It was worthy of her study, they both were.

Yysara stared quietly, taking small notes on his tool usage and drawing small little scribbles of what he used. Techniques, timing, what plants needed what... What each plant looked like... All of that was written down as she quietly watched Obie garden. Other may find it boring, but obviously Yysara found some form of things to note as she was writing nonstop in her notebook.
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Paying a Visit (Open)   Paying a Visit (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 2:56 pm

Despite his near panic attack since… well since he first happened upon Yysara, the act of gardening did help calm Obie’s nerves a bit as he tended to his various herbs and vegetables and other plants as carefully and lovingly as he always did. Except for the times when his gaze fell back on Yysara for a few seconds, and the sight of her studying him and taking notes threw him for another brief panic before he looked away again and got calm again.

It happened at least seven different times as Obie worked in his garden.

But still he continued to do what he did best. Weeds were pulled, plants pruned and watered, sun hat fidgeted with, and much more. This… this is at least a lot more comfortable. As long as I don’t think about her watching me while I work, it’s not really all that bad. He stared ahead blankly for several seconds before his eyes widened and his grip on the hoe he was using suddenly tightened.

Ohhh gooooood I thought of it agaaain!

“S-So Miss Yysara, what um… What do you do in Los Noches, exactly?” Obie asked, disrupting the busy silence between the two that had been there since he began working. Maybe, probably, if he tried talking to her on his own, he could grow less absolutely terrified of the spooky snake lady. But the third seat couldn’t exactly make any promises either. It had taken him the better part of an afternoon not to be afraid of his own Captain, after all. “I think I remember you saying you worked for like the second… number… person? W-What’s that like?”
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Paying a Visit (Open)   Paying a Visit (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 12:24 pm

It was quite soothing just watching Obie work, he seemed to know exactly what he was doing and what plants needed what. Some needed water, others needed pruning or tending... Weeding seemed to be an endless taste from what her eyes could pick out, though she was not experienced enough to know which plants he wanted and which did not. If she had, Yysara might have asked to help.

After a bit it almost felt like a major intrusion into a sacred place and her snakes shifted in her clothes as they picked up her feelings. The sunhat was nice though, shading her eyes and skin from the sunlight and she appreciated the thoughtfulness the shinigami had for her.

The question came out of nowhere and caught Yysara off guard, causing her to focus fully on Obie and blink. She had expected at first for the shinigami to ignore her entirely. He had seemed calmed, so she was content where she was, with note taking for a time... Where to start though? Hesitantly, she settled her notepad on her lap and stared down. "I... study and watch over the human world. If abnormalities occur, I report to my master. Most of my time is devoted to learning more though about all the realms, though only the living world when I am on duty."

"It is calming. Master is young-like and needs soothing at times, so I provide him with comfort and stability. If...you ask what he is like? He is... Excitable, but kind. He tries his best." Yysara nodded slowly, wondering if he intended to move to another spot again and prepared to stand up and go with him as she continued to speak. "I respect him. Do you your... I believe it is called a Captain?"
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Paying a Visit (Open)   Paying a Visit (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 4:41 pm

Obie panicked initially as Yysara seemed to freeze on the spot at his question. Oh god oh no I’ve offended her by asking about her boss or something or maybe she’s not supposed to talk about that or she’ll be executed OR MAYBE I ASKED THE SECRET SNAKE QUESTION AND NOW THEY’RE GOING TO EAT M-Obie nooooo nono calm down… He barely contained a squeak of fear as Yysara eventually began answering his question , but it was nearly just as bad as the silence because she studied the Human World!

Oh noooooo… Obie thought woefully. She probably spends a lot of time in the spooky Human World! What if some of it rubbed off on her, or Miss Esmeralda taught her spooky human world tricks like guns that weren’t guns! “O-Oh, I see… The Human W-World, huh? That’s… uh… good? Yeah, good…” EXCEPT NOTHING IS GOOD ABOUT THE HUMAN WORLD! IT IS FILLED WITH TALL BUILDINGS, SCARY PEOPLE, SHADOWS, AND TEAS THAT AREN’T TEA AT ALL! “B-But your um… master sounds nice, I think? I like meeting… kind people, yeah.”

The thought dawned on Obie that perhaps the reason that he was in charge of watching the Human World might not be that he was the spookiest person ever, but because he could stand against the spooky and not be spooked. That was… almost comforting. Almost.

And maybe… Yysara was too? If she was someone who could comfort the Un-Spooky, perhaps it was only her looks that spooked the Third Seat? It was all way too much for him to try and think of and garden at the same time, so Obie simply nodded along with Yysara’s words as he tried to regain his focus on the garden. That was until, she asked him about Captain Lakshmi Ma’am.

“O-Oh! Umm, yes? I mean yes!” The scared albino man answered quickly. “Captain Lakshmi Ma- I mean the Captain is very, very kind a-and everything. She even gave me all this garden to work in, and even gave me more because she thought it would help. N-Not to mention gave me a whiteboard to leave messages for my subordinates and everything…” He nodded slowly and carefully as he answered the Fraccion’s question, occasionally stealing looks at Yysara to try and get used to, well, looking at someone. “S-She’s umm, very kind and she likes tea, so… I respect her a lot. Yeah.”
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Paying a Visit (Open)   Paying a Visit (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 10:01 am

It did not seem good, Yysara noted as Obie spoke one way and yet his words were something completely different. His tone was shaky, yet he was trying to say that's good. His initial questioning of it being good didn't help her understand what he meant... Is it or is it not good? How can I figure this out...

Luckily she wasn't given a chance to question it, the confusion lifting from her eyes as she gave Obie a nod. "Kind people are quite nice to meet."

They were helpful and taught her about cigarettes and other such things, useful things, like keeping your energy down and not going to human world in spirit form due to others wishing to attack arrancar. Once more her thoughts were interupted, or at least disturbed by Obie's reactions. Scared Bunny men didn't seem apt to such happy excitement and Yysara smiled very softly, barely a lift of the corners of her mouth however definitely a smile. "She does sound kind. That is good..."

If the scared man could respect her that much, it must mean she kept him safe... Also he mentioned tea?

"So liking tea...commands respect." Yysara pondered something for a brief moment before her eyes trailed up to meet Obie's. "I have never tried...tea..."

But to ask this of Obie, who was already completely broken because of her presence, would be too much. She would have to go elsewhere, Pastel lifting up to rub her cheek as the other snakes popped their heads out of various spots in her loose kimono. Attempted soothings were nice.
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Paying a Visit (Open)   Paying a Visit (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 2:23 pm

“Y-yeah, it’s um, nice to meet kind people… Yeah…” Obie agreed timidly as he gripped his garden hoe tightly. There was nice Captain Lakshmi Ma’am, her nice (if a little scary) Mister Assistant Kaimu, and even nice Mia friend too… But then again there were tons of other people that he didn’t know that could also be super spooky and scary and oh nooooo… But it at least seemed that maybe he could add Yysara to the possibly not-spooky list by now?

She had kept her distance most of the time, and only really seemed spooky at first because of snakes and how does that kimono work and needing his nice hat, but otherwise she seemed calm and quiet and not all that spooky. Hopefully?

“I would uh, introduce you to her but she’s… out for the moment. Sorry…” And now she’s smiling? Smiling is… good? We were talking about nice things, and nice things can make people smile, so I think so? S-sure… Obie nodded his head slightly and smiled very slightly as well before digging back into the dirt as he tended to his garden. At least I’m almost done here then I’ll… oh dear what do I do after I’m done showing her gardening does she just leave or do I have to do something else would it seem rudE IF I DON’T WHAT IF-

His eyes began to widen again as he began over-thinking the situation once more, but was thankfully saved by Yysara’s slightly misconstrued thoughts on tea. “W-Well, I mean… Just liking tea doesn’t command r-respect or anything it just… I like tea and Captain Lakshmi Ma- I mean the Captain does too so it’s something… nice to have in common.” He corrected gently. But the next thing that she said caused Obie to tilt his head to the side slightly as he looked at the Fraccion.

“You… haven’t had tea?” He looked completely bewildered at the Snake Arrancar for several seconds before blinking and straightening his head. She hasn’t had tea before… How does… How does something like that happen? It’s… sad. “I… I can make you some tea?” He said softly, more a question than a statement as he still wore a slightly confused look on his face.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Paying a Visit (Open)   Paying a Visit (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 8:03 pm

"That is fine. I am not dressed for meeting such an august figure." Yysara stared down, this was only her third nicest kimono-uniform though not many would be able to tell the difference. Still it was unbecoming to meet such an important person in less than her best. She was quite pleased she would not be thrust into such a diplomatic situation with merely these rags.

At least...she thought that was how you were supposed to do such things. A Captain was a serious and important position so therefore she must... be diplomatic? At least what little she had read up on...

Maybe she was absorbing too many things.

Still she caught the tail end of Obie's correction, having lost herself in her thoughts for the moment. Crimson eyes widened for a moment as she looked down at the notepad in her lap, fidgeting with it. "...If it is not a bother."

Making tea was a complicated and important process, she had read such. It could be a painful bother for one such as her, but such an experience could be enlightening. And perhaps...fun? If it wasn't something that commanded respect, it was still something new.
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Paying a Visit (Open)   Paying a Visit (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 6:01 pm

"I'll be sure to... um, tell her about you, at least? M-Maybe you could meet later or something, I don't really know..." How would one even set up a meeting like that, anyway? So far the steps in Obie's head were "See Captain Lakshmi Ma'am -> Tell her snake Arrancar lady was here -> ???" Plans sure are hard... He thought exasperatedly.

Either way, his own work on the garden was coming to an end for now, which would give him a few hours of free-time until his next shift began. And now that Yysara seemed to apprehensively want some tea, he... had an idea? Or at least part of one. Again.

"U-Umm... If you want some tea, it's not that hard to really just... make some? If it's alright with you?" He held the garden hoe close to him as his eyes darted to Yysara, then back to the ground. He didn't add that he was also kinda thirst as well, but mostly because he was afraid that would make her think it was her fault and then she'd eat him in an apologetic frenzy. Or something.

Nonono, I should maybe eventually stop assuming everyone wants to eat me. Unless it's true. Ohgodpleasedon'teatmeyysara

"D-Do you have any favorite flavors or... anything? That you like to eat normally, that is. I might have something that you'd like to drink? I hope..." He added softly, shrinking behind his gardening tools.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Paying a Visit (Open)   Paying a Visit (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 5:18 pm

"My thanks." Yysara nodded, accepting that Obie wished to inform his Captain and thus assuming that they would one day meet as he wished. Or did he? Yysara was stuck attempting to figure out this man, what his wishes were and what he wanted vs what he was just doing because of reasons?

Shinigami were complicated mysteries and also jumpy it seemed, though possibly that was the animosity towards hollows at work. However it wasn't as if she could help what she was and how she came to be, so therefore there was nothing she could do.

It seemed he was finishing up his work though and thus Yysara needed to get her notes finished. There could be important differences in how he finished from how he started and missing such information with her own ponderings was intolerable.

"...I would not mind." Standing slowly, she adjusted the uniform that never really needed adjusting as a few tails popped out of her sleeves and other such exits as they shifted with their master. "I do not... know. I do not feed like snakes do..."

"...I do not wish you harm..." Yysara's crimson eyes took in the cowering man and she turned away, the smallest of frowns on her lips at his continued fear of her. "If...it pleases you I can go instead."

Really, it was making her feel oddly like a monster now. Was she really so scary? A hand came up to chest as she reached for the hidden hollow hole... It was almost as if it was making her self conscious. Which was impossible.
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Paying a Visit (Open)   Paying a Visit (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 9:31 am

“O-Oh, okay… I wasn’t very sure because… snakes. But I’ll just um, t-try and just go with one that I like. I… hope that you’ll be fine with it.” I don’t even think I’ve snakes drink anything before ever! Do snakes need to drink? Oh god what even are snakes really. The fact that Yysara reassured Obie that she didn’t eat like snakes did helped the fidgety Shinigami a little bit, but he was quickly more worried about not messing up tea for the spooky lady now.

His garden work now completed, Obie carefully placed his gardening tools back in their proper places before taking his gloves off and washing his hands in a nearby basin. “I-I’m um, grateful that you don’t mean me harm and stuff, Miss Yysara… I’m s-sorry if I made you think that I think that, b-because I don’t think it’s nice to think that you think I think… a-aww nevermind…” The man hung his head as his words failed when he tried to apologize for… something? Obie wasn’t sure himself.

Why would she bring that oh god what if she’s planning on wishing me harm and this is a false flag NO BUT we have the peace treaty thing BUT WHAT IF this is the start of something OH NO it’s not nice to think of someone like that aaaaaaastopbadthoughts!

“J-Just follow me, Miss Yysara. My tea stuff is in my room, y-you can wait outside while I make it if you want…[/i] A suggestion partially out of fear of being murdered or something worse in his own room (a admittedly preposterous situation) and also because he just felt that his room was really boring and full of pillows. Pillows were nice, but not really the most intriguing of decorations. “I um, h-hope that you like oranges… yeah.”

“A-And you don’t have to leave, I… did say that I’d make you something to drink…”
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Paying a Visit (Open)   Paying a Visit (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 5:01 pm

"Arrancar or hollows, eat souls, regardless of our animal or lack of attributes." Yysara intoned, not sure how such a flighty shinigami would take that news... Did he truly not know? At least the atmosphere of Hueco Mundo fed them, though did Arrancar truly need to eat souls or would it just be an urge of lesser things that could be ignored?

This was something to note and ask later, she was still learning quite a bit as she followed Obie and watched his careful placement of tools. She tilted her head a moment later as the man apologized? For... something she didn't understand...? Nevermind...? "I do not understand..."

He was apologizing for making her feel bad over him thinking she wanted to kill him? Yes, she felt mildly uncomfortable being around someone who felt she would eat them at any moment, but it was better for him to stop thinking that? But the apology did feel mildly soothing...

It was far too complicated for her to untangle the threads and thus she just nodded and began to follow him. Really, this random shinigami was full of rather complicated problems that were causing her complicated problems, so why was she staying for tea? Well it was a new experience... "I shall follow you then and wait outside if it will please you... I am sure oranges are fine."

"...Thank you, Obie Hogosha..." Pastel nudged her head up under Yysara's chin as Luka slipped around her hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze.
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Paying a Visit (Open)   Paying a Visit (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 11:09 am

“O-Oh… I guess that does make some sense.” Obie’s thumbs began to quickly circle themselves again as he began to lead Yysara towards his quarters where all his tea-making equipment was located. Okay on one hand they don’t eat like animals on the OTHER HAND THEY EAT SOULS TOO and I mean it does make a little sense because they’re like part Hollow or something BUT THEY EAT SOULS OH DEAR He did his best to try and control his heart rate as that fascinating bit of info was put into his head.

And good job Obie your stupid half-apology only confused Yysara Snakelady more and she’s your guest and I’m a terrible host who has a garden! The Third Seat tried to keep his inner panicking under control as they neared his room. “S-So you can just um… wait out by my door if you want. It’ll just b-be a few minutes for me to make everything right so uh, please have some patience with me. I-If you want to, of course…”

She could have totally ignored his offer and dashed away if she chose to! Or eaten him. But Obie definitely didn’t want to put anymore thought in the second possibility at all. When they finally reached his quarters, Obie pulled the sliding door back to reveal a room shrouded in almost total darkness. The only exceptions were a few blips of candlelight scattered across the room, which revealed loads and loads of pillows that littered the floor and walls. “A-and um, this here is my own quarters. I… like it dark inside. Yeah.”

His eyes shifted from Yysara to his room a few times before he slowly stepped inside and made a beeline towards his tea pot and shelf. “Do you umm, want to drink this tea anywhere in particular, Miss Yysara? Also it comes out hot, so be careful and try not to drink it straight out of the cup…” He said timidly as he began the careful process of making tea.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Paying a Visit (Open)   Paying a Visit (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 8:48 pm

Acknowledging that it did make sense for them to eat souls with a polite nod, Yysara briefly wondered if she should reassure the man that no, she was not hungry and that Hueco Mundo fed those like her enough to keep urges down. If they had them?

It would be too much and possibly just scare him more... Pausing at the doorway, she gave another silent nod, before peering inside curiously at the dark and barely candlelit room. Wait, she would wait... And patience was something she had in spades, if he hadn't realized it before now. Though that room was... was... nice...

"...I prefer dark closed spaces myself. My room is similar to this..." Yysara stepped inside after a moment of hesitation, a knot inside of her loosening as the dark and quiet room caused a visible calming in the woman. In fact it was so calming that a large majority of the snakes on her felt right at home as well and poured from her uniform, slithering away into the pillows and other dark crevices.

Smiling much like a pleased mother seeing her children have fun, the tiniest of smiles and laughs escaped her as she brought a hand to her mouth. They were playing much like excited children in the pillows, she could not help her happiness... "They like it too."

Only the blue coral snake named Luka and the oddly pastel rainbow snake named Pastel remained on her, along with the very tiny snake that preferred her hair. "...Would here be any trouble? It feels...calming and safe here. I will be careful, your advice is noted."
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Paying a Visit (Open)   Paying a Visit (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 6:44 pm

"Y-Yeah... Dark rooms are the uh, best for me. The sun doesn't really... agree with me too well. It's the reason I always wear long sleeves and my big hat and everything..." Obie admitted as he focused completely on the task at hand. Tea is important. Tea takes time. Tea is calming and is just fine... He repeated in his head, his body following a practiced routine as he watched the water come to a boil, selected the appropriate amount of tea leaves by sight alone, and packed them tightly.

Using my tea own tea utensils this time around is kinda nice, I'll admit... N-Not that there was anything wrong with using Captain Lakshmi Ma'am tea set in the employee room though... Yysara's talking didn't go entirely unnoticed by him, but it also slightly became background noise as he handled the very important job of making tea.

Luckily, the comment about "they" liking it too was one of the things that went unnoticed. The knowledge that many snakes were wriggling around in his pillows would probably keep the twitchy Shinigami up for the rest of his very long life. But Yysara's sudden slight laugh interrupted his routine slightly. Along with her suggestion about possibly drinking the tea... in his room. Alone.

Obie stood very still for a few seconds as he let the heated water mix in with the tea leaves to turn the liquid a nice golden color slowly. "I-I umm... I suppose... It would be okay? If y-you also like dark rooms and stuff. And... pillows make pretty good seats as well. I um, would know. From experience." Obie's voice lowered a bit. "I have a lot of pillows..."
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Paying a Visit (Open)   Paying a Visit (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 5:39 pm

Yysara blinked, blinked again and then blinked a third time as she took in the information that the sun does not suit Obie. He... But he gardened. Why, if the sun was so bad for him, did he garden? Should he not cultivate indoor hobbies and work then? Wearing big hats and long sleeves to work outside seemed like a... an annoyance. Confusion radiated from her as she worked through this conundrum before simply stating. "You must love gardening quite a bit then."

If he would do it even with the added hassles...

It was relaxing watching him prepare the tea and seemed to relax the shinigami as well, he wasn't jolting around or shivering or fearing her so that was an added bonus. Adding to this, her snakes were having the time of their lives in the pillows and she was attempting to note which ones they enjoyed best. Maybe getting piles of pillows would be fun for the others as well...

Patting her leg for them to return though, she looked up to see Obie freezing and speaking in what appeared to be fear once more. Yysara looked down once more and spoke in a quiet voice. "It is your home. If you are uncomfortable with me here, it would be best to drink elsewhere. I would not wish you to...force you to share your nest and be unhappy."
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Paying a Visit (Open)   Paying a Visit (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 7:49 pm

Bart finished pouring the last cup of tea before slowly placing each cup on a nearby tray seated appropriately near the rest of the tea-making materials. "Oh yes, gardening is... kinda one of the few things that I'm kinda good at, really. I'm not a great fighter, or all that great at Kido and stuff, but I can kinda make some decent salves for people and I guess put up a barrier or two?" Obie shrugged ever so slightly as he slowly brought the tray over towards where Yysara was sitting.

"But I um... Can put up with the sun and everything as long as I'm able to help every else. A-And Captain Lakshmi Ma'am's already promised me that I wouldn't have to worry about fighting anything, so that's good!" His voice was a little more relaxed now that he was in his darkened room with a fresh couple cups of tea now in front of him. And even Yysara's presence was getting slightly less spooky now that he was in his natural habitat. Only slightly less.

He set the tray down ever so gently down on a pillow between the two of them. Miss Yysara did seem adamant that she didn't want to make him uncomfortable after all, wanting to excuse her self several times at this point in order to keep him calm. But Obie was torn between totally just letting her go far far away and leaving him alone in the nice quiet of his room, but also not wanting to be super rude to her either... Being a host was hard...

He sighed softly before picking up a tea cozy and cup and offering it towards the Arrancar. "You don't... have to leave. I made the tea for us to share, after all... so, um... please don't feel like I'm running you off? I just... get nervous around new things. Or people. Or... a lot of stuff, really."
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Paying a Visit (Open)   Paying a Visit (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 2:58 am

Yysara watched Obie settle the cups, giving him a slow nod as she accepted his own declarations of his skills. She would not doubt him, but perhaps he was being a trifle modest? "I suppose so. You do well in your garden."

So she should give him some compliments to bolster his own wagging sense of self it seemed, crimson eyes never leaving the albino man carrying their tea. She listened with grave eyes as the man expounded the virtues of his captain, though she understood a tiny portion of why someone would say such to him. Protection seemed to bring out his calmer and more competent nature? It did make sense though, someone like his Captain doing such a thing. If it made him a better worker, what did she have to lose? It had gained his undying loyalty as well it seemed.

Still he had seemed rather competent and knowing about the tea at least, setting it down carefully and not even spilling a drop despite his unease. He even offered her the cup with his own hand, Yysara staring almost doubtfully before she reached with slow and careful movements.

Startling him would be bad with steaming liquids and her eyes darted down to his hand as she was preparing to quickly move it away if he jolted or panicked even the slightest. "I...have noticed. It is why I wished to... to depart, so as to not unnerve further."
Back to top Go down
Potatoes O'Brien

Potatoes O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: Paying a Visit (Open)   Paying a Visit (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 11:02 am

“T-Thanks… I’ve been practicing. A lot…” A couple hundred years of practice and a Zanpakuto that can help control the earth does wonders for someone’s ability to garden, after all. “The um, field Captain Lakshmi Ma- I-I mean Captain Lakshmi gave me was really good so I can’t… really take all the credit for it all.” Obie’s work was only a part of a much bigger picture. There was that whole ‘nature’ thing that kinda took care of the rest of the work, and Obie didn’t want to deny its involvement in it at all.

Mostly because he was afraid Nature would get angry and lightning his garden away or something.

Miss Yysara is really… watching everything carefully, huh? Obie realized as he watched the snake Arrancar’s slow and deliberate movements. Oh noooooo… Have I gone and made her nervous about me by being nervous about her? At this rate the circle of nervousness will never end, aww… At this point, he wasn’t even sure the peace treaty between the Arrancar and the Shinigami would be even valid anymore, all because of his stupid overreacting and dumb being scared of snake ladies with weird magic clothes and snakes and…

Obie let out another small sigh as Yysara took the tea cup from his hands, and he slowly brought them back to his own tea cup. I’ll just have to… take it slow, to not scare snake lady about scaring me. That should work… Good job, Obie. “U-Umm, you don’t have to take it… personally? I usually get used to being around new people, um, eventually. So it’s not you, really. It’s… me?” That was reassuring, right? He could at least make it clear that him being spooked was only partially her fault, and not the entire cause.

Nodding slightly to himself, Obie raised the cup to his lips and took a small sip of the orange pekoe tea. The warm, citrusy drink was quite refreshing, especially after having worked in the afternoon sun all that time. “Tea’s… good.” He announced softly, looking down into his cup.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Paying a Visit (Open)   Paying a Visit (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 8:38 pm

"It shows then." Simple stated, Yysara brought the cup to her lips and sipped softly. He was being modest she felt, since it was obvious most of the work was his. She could admit she knew not whether he'd had a good base, but one could assume it was so and that it wouldn't be half as well cared for without him. The snakes spoke well of his garden so she refused to believe he was speaking other than from a place of modesty.

As long as she continued to move in slow manners, it seemed Obie would calm and she took that to heart as the snake woman gave a small nod. She was... not the entire cause, but she was some of it and was causing him to be so stressed and hindered by her presence. "Am... I so eerie though? Is this why it is taking quite a bit of time?"

She sipped the tea again after asking her baited, but not intentionally so, questions. It was interesting in flavor, earthy but with a taste she could not place... Potentially citrus? There was a soft, sweet citrus if so. She had smelled those fruits before and it brought those to mind.

"It is...very delicious. It is earthy... Calming. Are many like this?" If all tea was like this, Yysara would have to try more... Her eyes gleamed with more than curiosity as she found herself staring into the cup. It was a bit of happiness that caused a tiny smile to quirk up the corner of her lip.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paying a Visit (Open)   Paying a Visit (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paying a Visit (Open)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next