(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)

We are an OC Bleach RP looking for people who enjoy easy-going role playing, but we do enjoy a bit of excitement here and there.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Tuxedo Ruk & Kitty's Otome Adventures
Adam's Suitor I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2023 8:27 pm by Rukuya

» Science Rules
Adam's Suitor I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 5:34 pm by Potatoes O'Brien

» Box of Nerds
Adam's Suitor I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 11:12 am by Yes

» Lost and Found... Hopefully? [Open]
Adam's Suitor I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 9:24 pm by Rukuya

» Much Ado About Eating
Adam's Suitor I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 11:27 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Saintly Territory
Adam's Suitor I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 10:22 pm by The ArchKitty

» tl;dr—The Philosophy of Knowledge and Sand Castles
Adam's Suitor I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 11:13 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Colors of the Heart
Adam's Suitor I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 1:52 am by The ArchKitty

» Double Face [Shinya]
Adam's Suitor I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 4:56 pm by Rukuya

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Adam's Suitor

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dagon

Dagon

Adam's Suitor Empty
PostSubject: Adam's Suitor   Adam's Suitor I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 10:20 am

"Shit shit shit shit SHIT!" Adam said as he paced around his office looking at a letter he had gotten in the mail. There were several things unusual about this letter that deserves to be mentioned. First off it wasn't delivered to him via any of his associates-- it was sitting on his desk when he walked in this morning.

The other thing was that the letter was made of parchment paper as if it had come out of the late 1st century albeit significantly newer looking. The final peculiar thing was who was writing to him. The handwriting flowed beautifully and seamlessly from one word to the next as if the writing itself could come alive off the page. There was only one person he knew who could write like this and was painfully aware who it was just by the top line of "Your Grace." An old word denoting Adam's title that very few people used but was a favorite of Adele De La Fontaine, another Quincy Monarch whose main settlements were mostly located in western European (mainly the Alps).

A one time bedfellow of Adam, they had a short tryst as paramours that ended almost as abruptly as it began. Adam had no intention of breaking her heart but given the contents of the letter he had wished he had tried harder on their last meeting. She was coming to resume their relationship and in a very blunt manner, to wed Adam. While he knew he had no obligation to marry her, he also knew that there would be no way she is going to take rejection easily.

Adam slammed his fist on the intercom and practically screamed at the poor secretary, "Get me Selena... NOW!"

"But sir..." the poor man replied before Adam slammed his fist on the button again turning it off. He began restlessly pacing again while reading the letter.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

Adam's Suitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam's Suitor   Adam's Suitor I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 10:29 am

Selena arrived mere moments later, having rushed to the office at such a worrisome order. Adam lost his temper sometimes but generally at those who could take it. Not at secretaries.

Knocking once on the door, she entered immediately after to the scene of Adam pacing and reading some sort of fancy letter. Sighing, her eyes rolled and she closed the door behind her rather quickly. "Another suit for your hand, My Lord? Or more ultimatums?"

Pushing her glasses up, she moved closer and held out her hand to see if he would hand over the letter for her to read. It was definitely not business business that was for sure.
Back to top Go down
Dagon

Dagon

Adam's Suitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam's Suitor   Adam's Suitor I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 10:45 am

Adam couldn't help but laugh sardonically. Ultimatums he could handle. This woman and the business of marriage was another thing entirely. It probably wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't had a prior relationship. Letting down potential suitors easily had almost become common place to him but this woman... this Adele...

His mind trailed off and before he knew it he had stopped moving and he realized he was blushing while staring at the letter. He then shook it off and handed the letter to Selena. "Queen Adele De La Fontaine. Her people are known for their eccentricness and pacifism-- they are essentially Quincy hippies if you will forgive the jargon. They are great allies to us and she supported our side during the war even though her governors urged her not to take sides. She'll be here soon and god help me."

He rubbed his temples and still wanted to scream and be angry at Selena but he doubted she was at fault. Adele was always a conundrum and did very little things with much logic to it and spent most of her time living by her whims. Maybe if Adam could just last the day she'll grow bored of him and moved on. He somewhat doubted this.

"You know this is your fault." He blurted out stupidly. "Why do you always have to push for me to get married? What do you do send leaflets out and announce my bachelor status to everyone?"
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

Adam's Suitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam's Suitor   Adam's Suitor I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 11:04 am

Was he blushing? Did Adam actually like this suitor? Reading over the letter as Adam explained a bit more, Selena attempted and failed at hiding her amusement. She chuckled and shook her head, handing the letter back. "Well if they are amazing allies, this will have to be handled delicately... I say marry her and get it over with. Most delicate response, yes?"

Selena was holding in snorts, attempting to not bend over with laughter as Adam's outburst sent her over the edge. She leaned against a nearby chair and held her sides for a minute before she was under control again. Straightening after a moment, she pushed her glasses up and acted as if nothing had happened. "Because it is my duty to remind you of your duty. You need an heir so we do not have a war of succession in addition to the previous War so recently. Also no, I do not need to. Rest assured, they remind themselves without any help from me. My duty extends merely to reminding you."

She bowed, hiding her amusement at this from all but her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Dagon

Dagon

Adam's Suitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam's Suitor   Adam's Suitor I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 11:52 am

"Better idea. You marry her." Adam said tersely without a hint of sarcasm as if he was actually seriously considering marrying Selena off so that he wouldn't have to. "Look we might get along very well with her people but we are like... ketchup and peanut butter. There just isn't any combination that we could work together. Why am I explaining myself anyway, shouldn't you just take me at my word?"

Adam stared off in the distance as Selena had a fit of laughter in front of him. He tried to ignore it but wound up pacing back and forth again. "I am still young and I have plenty of time to marry. There is no need to rush into anything."

Adam looked at the letter again and sighed. "We had a thing once... my godfather kept it quiet. No need for letting everyone else know about their king's sexual exploits eh? Especially not at 19. I was so angry during that time and being around her made me feel... content."

He paused for a moment and shook his head. "And I hated her for it. At the time I wanted nothing more then to be angry and seek my vengeance. I told her off and she accepted it with poise as befit her station. Selena, her people are different then us. Their believes about sex and marriage differ with our own. It is acceptable for me to have multiple paramours as king but for her it is expected."

He sat down in his chair and tapped his leg restlessly. "My godfather did not like the relationship partly because of that. In his mind I was a conquest, another rung on her ladder. A trophy she can present to her people of her prowess. Honestly I don't know if that is what I was to her or not. The vast age difference between us didn't help any."
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

Adam's Suitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam's Suitor   Adam's Suitor I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 12:06 pm

"Oh? Then you would lose my service. I would have to obey my new Queen and be by her side. Marry off Jack instead, he's more suited to the Hippie life than I am." Selena called the bluff, eyebrow raised as she crossed her arm. The only sign of her annoyance being the tapping of her fingers on her arm. "I should, but at the same time its our job as your sternritters in private to voice problems we see with your plans. Blind loyalty does you no good."

"You are getting close to 40, that is not that young. You do reckless things, you drink a ton... I'd feel better if you just had a bastard we could rally around if you die." Selena pointed out, with her usual tactfulness. She didn't want her king to die at all, but she was pragmatic even if she burn with feelings. Listening to him, she just sighed. "Well honestly with their feelings on such things I would be a good choice to marry off. I have my own harem currently and I'd rather not give them up... "

"Still your feelings make this... a bit problematic. Short of marrying her myself, what do you wish me to do? If you were just another rung, why does she want marriage with you now? How much older is she? I need details My Lord." Her finger tapping continued as her mind worked over this problem. "If she is too old she can not provide heirs, therefore it would be an ill-match for you. Your history notwithstanding at least."
Back to top Go down
Dagon

Dagon

Adam's Suitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam's Suitor   Adam's Suitor I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 12:38 pm

"My grandmother lived well into her 100s with the help of healers from Adele's people. I'm not going to die anytime soon so don't worry." Adam said with a smile. His father would no doubt still be king if he was alive today. Unlike his grandparents he had no need for the ascetic lifestyle that they had chosen after their centarian birthday."

Adam then smiled weakly at Selena and shook his head. "I'm not going to marry you off. I'm not the type that likes to do such things. Besides she probably wouldn't want to do it anyway. Also what is this about a harem? Do I even want to know?

"I don't know what her intentions are and right now what I need is support. You have no ide-" As Adam said that he was abruptly cut off by a feeling of serenity that seemed to make him feel more peaceful. He knew Selena and everyone else in the building would be getting the same treatment. It was a byproduct of Adele's immense spiritual pressure. She was here.

"Don't you dare leave me in the room with her alone. I'll consider it high treason" He said softly to Selena with no real intention to back that up but still enough to show his desperation. His intercom clicked and without waiting for a reply he said, "Let them in"

Despite the calming aura Adam was all to painfully aware of the trick of it all. He was possibly even more tense then ever. The doors swung open and stepped in a woman who looked no older then 31, even younger then Adam. Despite that she was actually taller then Adam by a good 3 inches which just made him feel tinier in her presence.

Her hair was long and auburn in color. She wore a simple white lace dress whose arm length went past her hands and a simple silver coronet on her head as a symbol of her status. Adorning her neck was a pentagram necklace that was obvious to anyone in the know that was her Quincy Cross. She probably had on a pair of moccasins but that was impossible to know. She smiled sweetly to Adam before giving Selena a slight nod to recognize her existence in the room before stepping up to him. He slunk back in the chair and she spun it around with a grace and dominance that came with years of experience.

"Hello your Grace." She said with a slight bow and only a hint of a French accent. Adam's heart felt like it was going to explode and he got up and walked closer to Selena and cleared his throat. After all these years she still had that affect on him. Damn her, she didn't look a day older then when they last met. You'd never guess she was closer to 75 then 35.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

Adam's Suitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam's Suitor   Adam's Suitor I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 1:10 pm

Selena just raised her eyebrow again and looked at Adam. He had no idea what could happen, why not be prepared? Such an irresponsible king. If he left them all to war, she was digging up his body and tossing it into the ocean.

Shrugging, the quincy woman looked at her nails as if they were the most impressive things in the world. "Do you really want to know my sex life? I stole your new recruit, my violin teacher and a man I met in Japan on vacation. Enough information for you?"

His words elicited a short bow, she would stay by her King's side and support him through this. The feeling of serenity was nice, soothing her normal tenseness. However it put her mind on guard, she did not need to fall for such parlor tricks. Watching the Queen's entrance with curious eyes and paying special attention to all the little details, she gave a short respectful bow but otherwise made no motions. The King needed her to be his pillar of support right now and she would be. She was tall and young looking but it must have been some sort of trick.

"Welcome to our Company, Lady Fontaine. My cousins speak well of you, to what do we owe the pleasure?" Selena spoke flawless french, noting the accent and putting on her business smile. Oh she knew very well what the business was, but it was good to be polite.
Back to top Go down
Dagon

Dagon

Adam's Suitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam's Suitor   Adam's Suitor I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 1:35 pm

Despite Adam's curiosity this fun discussion would have to wait till later. Adele smiled at Selena's execution of her language and she giggled to herself. She says, "I see you are well versed. That's good and please, Adele is fine"

She glides to be in front of them and Adam regains his composure. "So, what brings her eminence here today?" Adam asks before realizing the absurdity of his own question. Adele smiled and nodded.

"Why only to ask his Grace's hand in marriage." She said. Adam nodded thoughtfully. Ever the blunt one, she really hasn't changed much at all over the years. Adam considered it and folded his arms.

"And why now? After all this time? Had your fill of others?" Adam asked, letting his derision be known. Adele frowned ever so slightly and said in a manner of a mother speaking to her child, "I've had my fill of others twice over Adam. This is different."

Adam began to pace and eyed her suspiciously. Her brow furrowed even more as they regarded each other with impeccable coolness before she said. "I am getting older as you are aware. Our lifetimes may be extended but I have an obligation to my people just as you have to yours."

"So it's only for our people then? A sense of duty that brought you here today? What of love? What ever happened to the woman I met whose said that passions should not be left to the whims of those we serve?" Adam said angrily as he turned away from her and stared out the window.

"Who ever said I didn't love you?" Adele said, too quietly for Adam to hear but not for Selena. She then looked up and with a grim face said, "I'm not the one who abandoned you if you remember. You ended the relationship. Not me."

Adam took hold of the desk in order to keep from yelling and in a quiet but firm tone said, "Get Out."

She frowned deeply then looked to Selena with sad eyes for any sign of support.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

Adam's Suitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam's Suitor   Adam's Suitor I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 5:46 pm

"I am french by heritage and France was also where I was raised, Lady Adele." Selena just gave a small smile, resisting the urge to smirk. She had no accent on her English merely due to the fact that she was also raised to speak that and German.

Watching the two for a few moments, a personal quarrel was none of her business to intrude on but she would support her King. He was irrational and irresponsible and annoying but he was a good King of sorts and she owed him her loyalty and gave it willingly.

Still, this was painfully annoying to watch. She pushed up her glasses and tried hard not to sigh as they spoke back and forth of personal things as if she was a mere decoration. As Adam lost his temper though, she moved to his side and put a hand on his arm. Looking up, she gave a barely perceptible shake of her head. The woman was a monarch in her own right, despite their history, you did not just order one like that to leave. "You two have too much past, My Lord, please calm down. Lady Adele, please give me the details of why you choose now to put for such a claim? You visit our lands, knowing our values are much different from your peoples. Merging them, across the world in fact, does not seem like a particularly smart move."

If she was looking for an ally because she loved Adam, she was sadly mistaken. Selena was too cold, Adele was not of her circle of cares and therefore Adele would not get her help.
Back to top Go down
Dagon

Dagon

Adam's Suitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam's Suitor   Adam's Suitor I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 10:10 pm

"Like I said... I'm not young and I'm without an heir. My governors have taken notice of this fact and consider it an affront to our beliefs. I'm in a painful situation. I don't possess the King's Lineage that harkens back to our forbearers. I am under the strictest of scrutiny." Adele looks crestfallen but perks up.

"But I do love you Adam. Besides, I have no qualms in the marriage of our people." She says hopefully but Adam just scoffs.

"Of course you don't. You have nothing to lose from this. I gain a 30% increase in population that gain every privilege that my people have. The logistics of this merger alone would be staggering." Adam rubs his temples.

"We would work on it... together." Adele says
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

Adam's Suitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam's Suitor   Adam's Suitor I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 10:56 pm

"How about instead of a marriage you two form a contracted partnership?" Selena piped up as the topic got rather away from both of them. She needed something that would help solve this issue and though her voice was calm, she was a bit afraid of what both of them would think... Her King needed her support and she didn't want him tied to this woman in a permanent fashion such as a marriage might provide...

Coughing politely to interject into the conversation, Selena fiddled with her glasses a bit. "Instead of a formal marriage that would tie the people together that would be better apart... How about you both make up a contract? One that harkens back to older times. An Heir contract if you will. Lady Adele needs an heir, and one with King's Lineage would improve her lines legitimacy for her throne over there... My Lord needs an heir from a well bred Quincy woman and barring my lineage, Lady Adele's is rather strong.

Why not keep the people separate and yet also tied together through siblings? Bear Adam and yourself each a child. It would tie our peoples through blood, but they could keep their separate ways as well as form almost impossible to break allies. "

The king could then be free to choose love in Marriage and do as he pleased. Lady Adele was pretty, their children would be beautiful and powerful...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Adam's Suitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam's Suitor   Adam's Suitor I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adam's Suitor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜) :: The World of the Living :: Quincy Domain-
Jump to: