(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)

We are an OC Bleach RP looking for people who enjoy easy-going role playing, but we do enjoy a bit of excitement here and there.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Tuxedo Ruk & Kitty's Otome Adventures
Quincy/Human World Arc Idea I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2023 8:27 pm by Rukuya

» Science Rules
Quincy/Human World Arc Idea I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 5:34 pm by Potatoes O'Brien

» Box of Nerds
Quincy/Human World Arc Idea I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 11:12 am by Yes

» Lost and Found... Hopefully? [Open]
Quincy/Human World Arc Idea I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 9:24 pm by Rukuya

» Much Ado About Eating
Quincy/Human World Arc Idea I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 11:27 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Saintly Territory
Quincy/Human World Arc Idea I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 10:22 pm by The ArchKitty

» tl;dr—The Philosophy of Knowledge and Sand Castles
Quincy/Human World Arc Idea I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 11:13 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Colors of the Heart
Quincy/Human World Arc Idea I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 1:52 am by The ArchKitty

» Double Face [Shinya]
Quincy/Human World Arc Idea I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 4:56 pm by Rukuya

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Quincy/Human World Arc Idea

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dagon

Dagon

Quincy/Human World Arc Idea Empty
PostSubject: Quincy/Human World Arc Idea   Quincy/Human World Arc Idea I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 8:56 pm

So I had some ideas of where to go next in regards to the Quincy Faction and I've pitched the basic idea to a couple of users so I thought I'd pitch it to the rest of the board.

So here is the basic concept of the arc: It would be about 3 acts long, the first act mostly being exposition, the third act being the conclusion. The second act though is where things are different. The plan is to make it mission based essentially and allow the participants in the arc to choose what mission they want to go on. The catch is that the amount of danger that they experience in it is semi-random (meaning that it will be chosen ahead of time what area contains what) to increase both threat and fun factor.

The genesis of this idea came about when thinking about how arcs are traditionally done. Give too much freedom and people don't know what to do, give too little and your essentially just writing a story and there is little consequence.

So here is how it would be run as an example

Participants: Bob (Lt+), Steve (Lt) and Mandy (Lt)
9 Missions

Missions 1, 3, 5 have no threat

Missions 2, 4, 6 have a 3rd Seat Level Threat

Missions 7 and 8 have a Lt. Level Threat

Mission 9 has a Lt+ level threat

Bob chooses mission 1 and investigates the area and finds a clue or talks to a witness or just something non-combat

Steve chooses mission 9 and has to fight a Lt+ tier opponent that he can't win. Steve has the option to run away but fails the mission completely or he can participate, still lose but the mission is still able to be accomplished later

Mandy takes mission 7 and after a tough battle pulls out ahead.

After round one we move on to round 2 where everyone chooses again until all are completed or a "Fail" condition is earned which would probably be enough missions are labeled failures. If a character runs then the mission is considered a failure but they can participate in the next round. If they stay, they will lose but the mission won't fail but they can't participate again.

After that is tallied the threat level increases 1 tier (but capped at Captain Level) with the exception of no threat levels which don't increase at all.

Since this would be the first time running something like this I propose we play on "easy mode" the first time around. Adam will act as a get out of fuck up free card for one mission and provide rescue to anyone who needs it. Also you can undertake missions in teams to reduce danger (for simplicity's sake we'll just say 2 Lt = Lt+, 2 Lt+ = Captain when calculating victory, equal level opponents always equal victory for the PC except during instance where specified).

The final part will be that succeeding and failing will have some form of tangible consequences for the RP, since this is the first one they should both me small. Like a failure results in a nuke going off in unspecifiedastan while success means an increase in overall captain gains or something equally as arbitrary.

Thoughts? More importantly, Questions?
Back to top Go down
Dagon

Dagon

PostSubject: Re: Quincy/Human World Arc Idea   Quincy/Human World Arc Idea I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 12:11 pm

Bump? ._.
Back to top Go down
Bebo

Bebo

PostSubject: Re: Quincy/Human World Arc Idea   Quincy/Human World Arc Idea I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 12:19 pm

Sounds interesting, I think it would be a cool idea to try
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: Quincy/Human World Arc Idea   Quincy/Human World Arc Idea I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 1:37 pm

Pfft yeah
Back to top Go down
Dagon

Dagon

PostSubject: Re: Quincy/Human World Arc Idea   Quincy/Human World Arc Idea I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 3:01 pm

yeah?
Back to top Go down
Saito-san

Saito-san

PostSubject: Re: Quincy/Human World Arc Idea   Quincy/Human World Arc Idea I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 12:06 am

I'll join in as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quincy/Human World Arc Idea   Quincy/Human World Arc Idea I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quincy/Human World Arc Idea
Page 1 of 1