(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)

We are an OC Bleach RP looking for people who enjoy easy-going role playing, but we do enjoy a bit of excitement here and there.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Tuxedo Ruk & Kitty's Otome Adventures
A strange recruit - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2023 8:27 pm by Rukuya

» Science Rules
A strange recruit - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 5:34 pm by Potatoes O'Brien

» Box of Nerds
A strange recruit - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 11:12 am by Yes

» Lost and Found... Hopefully? [Open]
A strange recruit - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 9:24 pm by Rukuya

» Much Ado About Eating
A strange recruit - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 11:27 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Saintly Territory
A strange recruit - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 10:22 pm by The ArchKitty

» tl;dr—The Philosophy of Knowledge and Sand Castles
A strange recruit - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 11:13 am by Potatoes O'Brien

» Colors of the Heart
A strange recruit - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 1:52 am by The ArchKitty

» Double Face [Shinya]
A strange recruit - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 4:56 pm by Rukuya

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

A strange recruit

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Shnaks

Shnaks

A strange recruit - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A strange recruit   A strange recruit - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 11:34 pm

Julian got into the limo and glanced outside as they began to drive before turning to look back at Adam. He didn't emote or say anything during the explanation, opting to simply fix his eyes on Adam while he spoke. Finally he was presented a question at the end. Where did he fit in? He looked back out the window. "Well... That seems pretty simple..." He said, before looking back with a smile.

"What do you do when you want another company destroyed, you can't do it quietly above table, you don't want a huge media blitz over using brute cash, and it would look too suspicious if members of their board started dropping dead?" He let the question sink in for a second before turning back to the window. "I can feel it in my... soul, if you can call it that. Vera made me for espionage. I was made to charm, to deceive and to sneak... A spy, essentially... Just the kind you use during the daylight." He looked back. "If you need one of those, anyway."
Back to top Go down
Dagon

Dagon

PostSubject: Re: A strange recruit   A strange recruit - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 11:46 pm

"It really depends on how quick we need them gone I suppose. Historically speaking we've done everything from outright assassinations, albeit that is rare, to slowly siphoning funds from them by funding their competition and buying their shares. Espionage, as you put it, is often the only recourse if we need to keep things as silent as possible. I'll admit my current Chief of such matters has been slacking as of late and Selena, my Chief of Operations and myself have needed to pick up the slack." Adam then pondered about this for a moment as the limo draws ever closer.

"Here is a hypothetical, I need to buy out a large company but it has been resistant to my advances. I can't kill the leadership since it will do nothing. They are a private company that rarely hires so infiltration has been obnoxious. We are running a tight schedule so things need to move quickly. For what's more I can't simply make the company disappear, they are for all intents and purposes, too big to fail. The question then is, how can I sway the board of directors to vote for a policy that will intrinsically be detrimental to themselves and benefits us?" There was no real answer to this hypothetical but Adam decided to use this as a method to see how he thinks
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: A strange recruit   A strange recruit - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 11:59 pm

Julian glanced over at him, adjusting his glasses. "Well..." He sighed. "I suppose first I would try to get hired, using a dummy name, so they don't follow up if I have to try another route. If that WORKED, I would get in, start to make cozy with some of the higher ups, try and gauge awareness of our aggression and response to it. If they are actively antagonistic to us, I speak with you and organize an appropriation of some dummy assets for them to make myself look good in their eyes. Something small and maybe a little bungled. You never look like the wonder kid in these situations. Jealousy is your worst foe." He sighed and tapped the glass.

"Of course, that's all assuming best case scenarios. I don't want to bore you going every possible turn this could take. There's about 20 different scenarios that could be necessary simply for trying to get myself into the building. Let's say I can't get hired or they're completely benign. That the place is tighter then fort knox, so quiet entry is impossible .The absolute worst case scenario is I break into the building, disable the entire power grid, kill anyone who MAY have some information on my identity, find the CEO's office, remove the hard drive from his computer, replace it with a dummy hard drive, fry the whole thing, fry as much other stuff on my way out and then leave them scratching their heads entirely."

He paused, with a smile, before frowning. He turned his head over to look at Adam. "Oh. I should mention." He held up his hand and a little arc of electricity jumped from finger to finger. "I have electricity powers. My apologies. That is knowledge of some importance." He said, before turning back to the window.

"And if all of that seems like too much hassle, I would just fuck the information out of one of the board members. I have electric skin."
Back to top Go down
Dagon

Dagon

PostSubject: Re: A strange recruit   A strange recruit - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 12:12 am

Adam smiled and merely replied with, "That'll do"

The limo pulled to the building and the driver let the duo out at the front. The definition of skyscraper would only scratch the surface of describing the height of the building. It stood at just under 2,000 feet tall making it the 4th tallest building in the world. It was significantly wider at the base and spiraled upward like an upside down cone. At the top it looked like it came to a point but in fact there was a landing at the top where small planes and helicopters could land. It had an almost mirror look to it that used a new kind of solar panel to feed energy into the building and the surrounding areas. This is all without the extensive underground portion that had a large network of tunnels that connected through out the city.

"After you." Adam said as he ushered his guest to the door.
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: A strange recruit   A strange recruit - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 12:16 am

"Well that's... Phallic." He said, adjusting his glasses, which tinted in the daylight. Yes... Meiko was going to be very cross with him. He walked inside, doing a little turn. "Well... Certainly working in the lap of luxury, aren't we." He said, looking around at a few low level employees scurrying about performing businessy... stuff...

He turned back to Adam. "So... What's first on our tour?"
Back to top Go down
Dagon

Dagon

PostSubject: Re: A strange recruit   A strange recruit - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 6:37 am

"Indeed, you should see what accounts for the testicles." Adam joked. "Our first stop is the office of the COO."

The duo then walked into a nearby elevator and took it upward. Once they arrived on their floor they we greeted by quite the bustle of activity. It seems like everyone was on the phone trying to shout down one another. "Welcome to the sale's floor, or as I like it call it, the shark's den."

The din today was so loud that even Adam had to practically shout. Selena's office was just past the numerous cubicles that made up this floor of the building. With great speed and grace they navigated the area and came to a quiet part of the office that seemed relatively undisturbed.

"Hello Mr. Dumont." A secretary says brightly.

"Good afternoon, is Selena in?" Adam asks.

"Yes, sir. Shall I page her to let you in?"

"Please, and thank you." Adam replies.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: A strange recruit   A strange recruit - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 2:45 pm

After several seconds, the door to the office of the COO opened and said COO opened it up expecting Adam. However she stopped short, a small frown on her face at the newcomer. A tingle of senses and she could tell it was another quincy, a rather pretty and attractive one. Oh no...

If he was introducing her to him to set up some sort of weird date, she was going to throttle the King. What was with everyone?! Keeping her face polite and interested, she waved them into her office. "I was having a late lunch, you are both welcome to come inside. Mr Dumont and...?"
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: A strange recruit   A strange recruit - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 3:16 pm

Julian frowned at the hustle and noise of the sales floor.  

Ignoring her motion for him to step inside, Julian turned to Adam, raising his voice just a little.  "I'm suddenly glad my skillset is in espionage and not sales..." He said with a short chuckle, before they headed to the COO's door.  The... Well.. RATHER dazzling COO.  Julian's face remained pleasantly placid as she came out of her office.

Ignoring her motion for them to enter said office, Julian gave her a deep bow, head dropped down.  "Good afternoon, miss Selena.  My name is Julian.  Julian Valentia." His hand moved like a snake to grab her unattended one and give it a peck on the back of it. The slightest tingle would skitter through her hand when he did so.

He looked up, still bowed.  "I'll be joining the company as of today, so... It looks like we will be working together."

He stood up, towering over her a little.  "Hopefully closely."  He fixed her eyes with a rather intense gaze, though his expression remained pleasant.  Finally, after what possibly felt like forever, he entered the office as she had indicated.
Back to top Go down
Dagon

Dagon

PostSubject: Re: A strange recruit   A strange recruit - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 9:32 am

Adam stared at the two love birds with amusement and some derission. If this is all it took for Selena then he had wished he had met Vera earlier. In any event Adam coughed lightly to get their attention and said. "Yes, this is Julian. I do not explicitly have an official position for him yet but those are merely details that can be taken care of at a later date.

Adam closes the door behind them as to make sure any prying eyes might be warded off. "From now on he'll be our go to guy for corperate espionage when the occasions do arise."

"He has an impressive resume but its been lost in transit, I'll forward it to you when I can recover it. Until then I can trust you will make him feel at home?" Adam said cooly, almost mockingly.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: A strange recruit   A strange recruit - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 12:04 pm

What the hell was with the quincies Adam was finding? Selena had been staring dumbfounded and a bit frustrated. Couldn't anyone be professional anymore? Her eye twitched in frustration as she pulled her hand back and rubbed it. Her eyes rolled now as she pushed up her glasses, turning on her heel ahead of Adam to enter the office. "I'll take your word.on this. So you wish me to place him under my wing? I believe he'd work better with Kostya or Jack."

The cold tone in Adams's voice jolted Selena and she wondered what was wrong? He was the one who threw this man at her and said nothing. She should be the one with the angry tone, instead she was trying to be polite so as to not makeher King look bad. A bit hurt, her voice betrayed nothing but instead her eyes did as she glared between the two. "I'll put him to work if that's your orders. Welcome to the company, Mr Valentia. Please do not disturb me during work hours with such things."

She rubbed her forehead, realizing her lunch was going to be cold by the time she ate it.
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: A strange recruit   A strange recruit - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 3:28 am

He narrowed his eyes a little, watching her eyes go between them. Ah.. He'd upset her maybe? Perhaps he could cheer her up. He turned to Adam. "She is to be my superior?" He asked with a raised eyebrow, before turning to her. "I apologize for my indiscretion, Ma'am." He said, giving a much more formal bow. "I will make up for that with my most excellent service, Miss Archiagott." He stood back up and stepped over to her desk, glancing between her and Adam. "You may use me, or my talents, as you wish. But I believe that Mr. Dumont intends for me to finish the tour." He turned back to Adam. "Is that correct?" His tone and demeanor had become suddenly more formal during the most recent exchanges.
Back to top Go down
Dagon

Dagon

PostSubject: Re: A strange recruit   A strange recruit - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 6:38 pm

"Fear not you two, I'm only teasing." Adam said with a slight frown realizing his joking attitude may have taken to be in poor taste. He then turns back to the new guy and shakes his head lightly.

"You are not directly under her as far as most business is concerned. True I often make use of Selena's talents to act as go betweens but because of the nature of your position I'll have you report to me directly... or maybe I should put you under the care of Jack or Kostya. Selena, what do you think?" Adam asks choosing to hold off on answering his last question for the moment.
Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: A strange recruit   A strange recruit - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 1:31 am

"You bring an obvious playboy to my door and expect me to not get a bit annoyed? Welcome to the Company and family Julian." Selena laughed slightly, soothed by both of their actions since her original outrage. That Julian could work and would follow directions was good to know, and Mr Dumont teasing was even nicer.

"Jack would be best if you want him to report under one of those two, use his smooth tongue for something useful. However I'd say report to you company wise, as far as most things go. He would be able to work with both of them easier if he was free, which I see him being rather useful to both men." Selena's hand had come up to her chin as she spoke, thoughtful and thinking about this.
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: A strange recruit   A strange recruit - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 11:35 pm

"Playboy?!" He stood up straight, righteous indignation on her face. "Playboy?" He repeated before turning to Adam. "A playboy?" His expression had become one of the poor offended victim. "Adam, she believes I am a playboy. Miss Archiagott, I ASSURE you I am no playboy." He turned back to Adam. "Rest easy, Mr. Dumont. You didn't hire any playboy." He crossed his arms. "Why to think that someone would EVER try to be a playboy. It's as offensive as NAMING an innocent soul a playboy." He sighed. Had she really called him a playboy? He'd been alive for essentially less then a day and he knew it was a silly name.

"Well, I will do whatever Mr. Dumont and Miss Archiagott think is wisest, though I think I'd like to meet this Jack and Kostya before I'm assigned to working under them. If that's alright with you of course." He said to the both of them.
Back to top Go down
Dagon

Dagon

PostSubject: Re: A strange recruit   A strange recruit - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 8:12 pm

Adam shook his head and laughed a little. "I don't really care what you are really, I don't have the luxury of being picky. We're sandwiched between large fish and we are small time compared to that. Right now I just care that you are good and if you are you can stay and if not then you'll get the boot. That's all it amounts to really." Adam says. The big fish he was referring to being any number of things between various other factions in this world and in others that plauged his mind now and again as if somehow the Quincies were the Avengers and Shinigami and Hollows were the nebulous forces controlled by Thanos like in those Marvel movies. Ok they were more like SHIELD but now the allusions start to break down.

With that all said and unsaid, Adam nodded towards Julian. "Yes, I do think it is time we continue the tour"

Back to top Go down
The ArchKitty

The ArchKitty

PostSubject: Re: A strange recruit   A strange recruit - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 9:06 pm

One eyebrow raised in artful, practiced and yet also oddly enough disapproving amusement, the young woman watched the rather dramatic man go around doing his little...Hissy fit? Selena had no idea what to call it but she also didn't have the time to.

Listening to Adam, she tried not to smile at the comments and instead settled for a solemn nod as she turned back to her touchpad. "I shall see you both at a later time then? Mr Dumont, Mr Valentia have a good day."

Without waiting for them to respond too much, the rather busy woman turned with her head still focused on the tablet and she tapped with a penlike thing furiously. She made it to her desk and around it without even looking up before plopping into her chair with a rather focused expression on her face.
Back to top Go down
Shnaks

Shnaks

PostSubject: Re: A strange recruit   A strange recruit - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 1:24 am

Well that was an awfully stark way to talk to him. He'd simply been teasing a little. And he hardly thought it needed reminding that Adam had come to HIM requesting HIS services, not the other way around. But it obviously wouldn't be helpful to give the multi-billionaire a speech about who was the boss of who. For how much money Adam was most likely going to be paying, Julian had no intentions of rocking the boat.

"Don't fret. I'm as good as you hope and better, Mr. Dumont." He said before turning back to Selena.

"My apologies Miss Archiagott." He said quietly, with a tone that lacked his previous playfulness. "I will be nothing but courteous to you for our future business endeavors."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A strange recruit   A strange recruit - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A strange recruit
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Within Memories 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜) :: The World of the Living :: Quincy Domain-
Jump to: